Gibson Brands Forums

WTH did you do today?

Mr. Gibson

25 minutes ago, Marky Forrest said:

I've been pretty sick and away from the computer but I'm feeling better and trying to catch up. I was in the ED on Sunday and tested for COVID-19. No results yet but should be soon. After two weeks of misery, my fever broke yesterday and I'm on the mend.

So glad you're back on the healing end now. Good for you. My mom just told me my uncle, (Her youngest brother) went in to the hospital with his wife, both with pneumonia and he also had a stroke and she had 2 strokes. At the same time? How strange is that? 

23 minutes ago, Retired said:

So glad you're back on the healing end now. Good for you. My mom just told me my uncle, (Her youngest brother) went in to the hospital with his wife, both with pneumonia and he also had a stroke and she had 2 strokes. At the same time? How strange is that? 

Thanks! Man, that is really strange. I hope they're doing better.

50 minutes ago, Marky Forrest said:

Thanks! Man, that is really strange. I hope they're doing better.

Yeah, I didn't believe it at first, Must have been sympathetic pains? But she tried to visit them and they won't let anyone in to visit. I'm getting so board staying home I'm getting temptations to buy a new guitar. My 67th Birthday is in 20 more days. Wonder if the Guitar Shops are even open? 

10 hours ago, Retired said:

Yeah, I didn't believe it at first, Must have been sympathetic pains? But she tried to visit them and they won't let anyone in to visit. I'm getting so board staying home I'm getting temptations to buy a new guitar. My 67th Birthday is in 20 more days. Wonder if the Guitar Shops are even open? 

Most everything around here is closed. Wow, 67 in 20 days, nice. I'm 67 too.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Retired said:

My 67th Birthday is in 20 more days. Wonder if the Guitar Shops are even open? 

I think it's obligatory you get yourself something, probably should peruse the wildwood guitars website and get something on order to make sure it shows up in time.

5 hours ago, Marky Forrest said:

Most everything around here is closed. Wow, 67 in 20 days, nice. I'm 67 too.

I think you should get a guitar as well in support of 'retired'

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Marky Forrest said:

No COVID-19 for me! I got the news late yesterday. All I had was the regular flu and bronchitis. I'm feeling much better now but did a little too much around the house today so it's nap time.

Damn that's good news!

• Like 1

Letting the Bison burger mix soak.  Fat salads ready.  Big ol' bottlea PopCat dressing.  Enjoying a few fingers of Absynthe/sugar/water.  Wishing this thing would end.  This is going to kill every band around here but oh well.

rct

• Like 1

I'm starting a new work-from-home job on the 13th. I'll be working for one of the largest healthcare companies in the U.S. My job will be to help doctors and their staff by answering questions about ICD Codes and anything else related to my company. I've worked in healthcare for decades as an X-ray and CT Tech so it's a really good fit for me.

I'm brushing up on ICD Codes to prepare.

50 minutes ago, Marky Forrest said:

I'm starting a new work-from-home job on the 13th. I'll be working for one of the largest healthcare companies in the U.S. My job will be to help doctors and their staff by answering questions about ICD Codes and anything else related to my company. I've worked in healthcare for decades as an X-ray and CT Tech so it's a really good fit for me.

¡Felicidades!

• Like 1

Worked at home yesterday, worked at home today (Sunday), will have to run into work for a few minutes tomorrow and then back to working at home.

Work, work, work.

The only interesting thing that happened today was I fed the snakes, fed the monitor lizards AND got the tortoises outside for a little bit.

They are so miserable being cooped up all Winter so I got to make them happy for a change.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

...AND got the tortoises outside for a little bit.

They are so miserable being cooped up all Winter so I got to make them happy for a change.

So how do you know the difference?

rct

• Like 1

Tortoises are VERY personable animals.  

I lay down on the yard and they're all over me.  Give them a scratch up above the tail and they do the wild butt dance, ha, ha.  They swing the back of their shell side to side and walk past swinging side to side, it's pretty funny to watch.

You have to work with them a little bit but they learn their names and you can call them, they see me walking around and they come on over for some attention.  They're great animals.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Marky Forrest said:

You can teach me. I'm a radiologist. Maybe we've met. O:)

Our MR and CT technologists are both guitar players. CT tech also builds amps. They are both way outta my league.

Edited by Tman
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Tman said:

You can teach me. I'm a radiologist. Maybe we've met. O:)

Our MR and CT technologists are both guitar players. CT tech also builds amps. They are both way outta my league.

That's very cool! If you've worked in Arizona, maybe we have met. I've worked at 3 of the largest hospitals (one Level 1) in the Phoenix area.

Never jammed with a rad before though. That would be fun.

On 4/5/2020 at 10:07 PM, SteveFord said:

Tortoises are VERY personable animals.  

I lay down on the yard and they're all over me.  Give them a scratch up above the tail and they do the wild butt dance, ha, ha.  They swing the back of their shell side to side and walk past swinging side to side, it's pretty funny to watch.

You have to work with them a little bit but they learn their names and you can call them, they see me walking around and they come on over for some attention.  They're great animals.

Really? I didn't know that. Cool!

Yesterday I finally moved all my tools up to the container that was donated to me. That allowed me to empty my stuff out of Gaels studio that I’ve been using since the fire. I have numerous fuel containers still to take up there later today but hopefully my things will be safe there until I can replace the shed lost in the fires. I still need a bench to work on but we are not allowed to move. around except for essentials. 

Is a bench an essential...to me it is! Grin~