Gibson Brands Forums

WTH did you do today?

Mr. Gibson

23 hours ago, Digger said:

Yesterday I finally moved all my tools up to the container that was donated to me. That allowed me to empty my stuff out of Gaels studio that I’ve been using since the fire. I have numerous fuel containers still to take up there later today but hopefully my things will be safe there until I can replace the shed lost in the fires. I still need a bench to work on but we are not allowed to move. around except for essentials. 

Is a bench an essential...to me it is! Grin~

Watch out or the police will take you to wherever they take unruly Aussies. Perhaps to the soylent green factory....

...where you'll wind up covered with special sauce and shoved into a sesame seed bun with some pickles on you.

Working from home so did 11 hours and then, to practice social distancing from my wife I went for a short blast on a motorcycle.  Very eerie feeling as there's hardly any traffic and few people around.  Naturally, one of the few I saw was a fat guy coughing into his elbow.  

Hmmmm...

Also played my Les Paul for the first time in maybe 6 months.  That guitar has a wonderful neck on it with nice, low frets but it just feels too dinky after a Firebird.  

Complain, complain, complain!

• Like 1

On 4/3/2020 at 5:01 AM, uncle fester said:

I think it's obligatory you get yourself something, probably should peruse the wildwood guitars website and get something on order to make sure it shows up in time.

I think you should get a guitar as well in support of 'retired'

I never ordered one before without playing it first? Sweetwater seems to be a great sight that many like. I might wait till Dietz reopens, They actually are open to order, but they bring the product to the door for you. No one can go in as of yet. My Power chord is shorting out, It pops and makes all sorts of noise and goes in and out. I ordered 2 - 10' Red Dragon cables today but those don't arrive till May.  It's been extremely tempting though on the guitar. I just may pull the plug and go with Sweetwater. I did read they were very slow on getting stuff out on time with this virus going around. 

On 4/8/2020 at 8:03 PM, SteveFord said:

...where you'll wind up covered with special sauce and shoved into a sesame seed bun with some pickles on you.

Working from home so did 11 hours and then, to practice social distancing from my wife I went for a short blast on a motorcycle.  Very eerie feeling as there's hardly any traffic and few people around.  Naturally, one of the few I saw was a fat guy coughing into his elbow.  

Hmmmm...

Also played my Les Paul for the first time in maybe 6 months.  That guitar has a wonderful neck on it with nice, low frets but it just feels too dinky after a Firebird.  

Complain, complain, complain!

Good for you still working with so many laid off and no cash coming in. I was so darn bored staying at home locked up, I decided to take my Doberman over to the lake for a walk. Gosh? The drive over there, people are out all over in the neighborhoods and riding bikes, mothers pushing their babies in strollers. No one staying at home. I got to the lake and the trails are busy also. Parked away from everyone and tried the grass mowed trail by the parking lot that goes way back to the fence. Nobody was back there and we had a lovely walk by ourselves, so I didn't have to worry about being close to anyone. Got home and told Deb, if someone was healthy enough to jog 4 1/2  miles around the lake or bike it that I doubted I was in any danger anyway. Seems like New York is the worst state with this virus, and Nebraska is like 3rd to the bottom end. Maybe that's why so many are out and about here? 

Ordered up a box of 800 bucks worth of deliciously salty sweet caramel-y Boutique American Made pedal goodness.  It'll get here someday but I'm not in a hurry.  We've finished this bottle of Absynthe on this holiday Sunday.  Happy Happy to all.

rct

• Like 2

On 4/5/2020 at 9:42 PM, Marky Forrest said:

That's very cool! If you've worked in Arizona, maybe we have met. I've worked at 3 of the largest hospitals (one Level 1) in the Phoenix area.

Never jammed with a rad before though. That would be fun.

Would be cool. I've worked at an outpatient center in Tempe but never a hospital in AZ. Know a lot of folks who have, just not guitar players. If you're ever out to LA!.....

I'm still working. Fortunately or not depending on how you look at it. There are only a few of us working there and we are seldom all in at the same time. That makes it easier to social distance. Came home this evening and had to fix some wind damage to my shutters and gate from bad storms today.  Other than that, one day id pretty much like the other.

We had  gigs scheduled this week Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I'm not even sure if these places we play will ever reopen. Oh well, at least me or my family is not sick (yet). 

10 hours ago, saturn said:

We had  gigs scheduled this week Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I'm not even sure if these places we play will ever reopen. 

Same here,  we've already had two places tell us they won't be back.  The economy was awful here before this.

rct

I found that film a bit confronting to be honest.

Yesterday I poisoned a heap of weeds! It’s a start but much, much more to do! After the fires there are millions of plants that are emerging that we don’t want.

I probably need to live to 1000 y.o. to get ahead of all the work here! 

Worked, drove to town for exercise walk, drinks with father in law next door... Only difference between now and before C19 is that I work at home and then drive to town for my walk (just cos I prefer track in town, plus can go see mum occasionally whilst in town). Probably keep it like this after the restrictions are lifted I reckon.

Dig, we are waging war on the nut grass so we can build a rose garden for my wife. It's diehard that stuff!

Drove to shop early, got in supermarket and got supplies no trouble.  Quiet.  Today they even had tissues. Then posted 3 Discogs parcels - LPs, CD - at Post Office, got home, WASHED HANDS and cleaned up.  I did disinfect my front door handle and letterbox flap last week, need to do it again.

I'm making an inventory of all my stuff, slowly.  What I've got, where it is, what it might be worth, suggestions for sale/disposal etc.  Room by room and then there is all the music gear plus my hi-fi setup, LPs and CDs.  Getting to the pedals which is going to be a lot of fun and take a few days.   I'm also listing my online accounts and all the services, direct debits etc.  Suspended my  LPs for sale on Discogs for the moment.  

Fed birds, played guitar.

Washing clothes,paying bills,cleaning downstairs bathroom. Later feed cattle,dogs,and cats. I'm trying to learn fingerpicking any advice would be most helpful. I do some picking when I'm playing songs,but I just want to pick away sitting down with no particular place to go.

1 hour ago, Mr. Gibson said:

I'm trying to learn fingerpicking any advice would be most helpful. I do some picking when I'm playing songs,but I just want to pick away sitting down with no particular place to go.

Well you probably already know this but:

Thumb plays lowest 3 strings , and you can make a good sound using the 1st 2 fingers in between.  Thumb picks basses, 1&5 of chord or 1&3.  Here -

https://www.justinguitar.com/guitar-lessons/folk-fingerstyle-patterns-part-1-fo-101

In the 1st one thumb is playing notes of C chord on A then D string, in the G one it's G on low E and open D. All with thumb and finger note(s) inbetween on higher strings. 

Or this,  really simple - https://guitardomination.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/How-To-Travis-Pick-Guitar-Domination-Freebie.pdf

It takes awhile and lots of practice but you'll get there.  Let's pick! 👍

Edited by jdgm

11 hours ago, rct said:

Same here,  we've already had two places tell us they won't be back.  The economy was awful here before this.

rct

We were booming around here right up until St Paddy's Day. I hope these places come back. We had gotten to be really close with the owners/managers and staff. And that's just the small acoustic venues. My other band played bigger, fancier places up North of Baltimore. Some of those gigs have been tentatively moved out to later summer or fall. Fingers crossed. 

Hope yours come back.

The old heavy duty snake and lizard dewormer, ivermetctin, is being studied as a possible cure for CORONAVIRUS-19.

Every vet on the planet is familiar with ivomec, it's cheap and plentiful and is REALLY powerful stuff.  I've used it on at least 100 animals over the decades.

Dangerous stuff, too, it kills turtles and tortoises so they'll have to do a lot of testing.

Wouldn't that be something if that stuff I was injecting into imported reptiles saved the day?

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/head-lice-drug-emerges-potential-coronavirus-treatment-studies-080301583--abc-news-topstories.html

Well, with a runny nose I'm not going anywhere. Normally I wouldn't have given it a second thought but, of course, there's no "normal" these days. 

Couldn't that idiot have eaten something other than f-cking BAT SOUP?!?! 

Seriously pissed off and sick of all this!