Gibson Brands Forums

WTH did you do today?

Mr. Gibson

9 hours ago, Mr. Gibson said:

I admit it, Im pooped after 6 hrs. I ain't no spring chicken,more like a beat up rooster...

I did some mowing, weedeating, and chainsawing at my cabin property yesterday. Burned brush, cleared trails, cleaned the pond bank. Now my back is killing me.

• Like 1

Went to Lowe's to pick up toilet repair part. Had ordered a week ago on Amazon. They finally wrote and said they could not be sure when it would be available, even though they said they had inventory when I ordered it.  Lowes big parking lot was 90% filled. People are so bored - they're doing home improvement projects they otherwise never would have done.  Hardware store or grocery store - only places you can go - until today!     Yeah, my back hurts too.  Whacked back a couple of dozen bushes and did sit ups.  Played my H'Bird TV.   Have never missed a day playing one of them since the PANdemIC started.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Rabs said:

Yup this is a first for me... It would be alright if he wanted a slim neck but he actually wants it a bit wider.. Says he would rather have the string spacing and room for bends.... Which is cool but I just worry about the relationship between the width of the fretboard at the nut and the end and how that relates to what size bridge to use or what the string spacing will be.. Before this I kind of just used dimensions I absolutely know work..  This will take some accurate measuring. Looking forward to doing it.. If I can get my head out of this groundhog day haze that I am currently in.

Still tomorrow the workshop is open for an hour for people to come in and collect stuff.. So I will get to pop in and pick some nice timber for this build. Will be nice to get out and see some other people, even if its only for an hour and still social distancing....

Of all the 12 strings I played over 54 years now, my Ovation 12, was the best one ever.  It had a wider neck and was no problem for me reaching chords and was much easier picking out single strings without hitting the ones I didn't want. Wish I still had that one. It was a high end guitar and probably a 70's model. I paid like $900. for it back then. That Ovation belly was the worst of it though. It really stuck out back then but that gave it it's great tone. 

15 hours ago, Mr. Gibson said:

Building corral fence in the bull pen,using lumber from a different corral. It's gonna take some time,but save a lot of money.

I admit it, Im pooped after 6 hrs. I ain't no spring chicken,more like a beat up rooster...

How old are you now Jim? I just turned 67 April 22. With that Brain Tumor cancer I went through 30 years ago or so I feel more like 76 now. I can't even bend over to pick up something off the floor. I drop things and usually curse because I know I have to figure out a way to get it again. LOL  Then if your back goes out, It's worst yet! I'm getting Debbie trained so that if I drop something, she gets down to get it for me. Haha. 

10 minutes ago, Retired said:

How old are you now Jim? I just turned 67 April 22. With that Brain Tumor cancer I went through 30 years ago or so I feel more like 76 now. I can't even bend over to pick up something off the floor. I drop things and usually curse because I know I have to figure out a way to get it again. LOL  Then if your back goes out, It's worst yet! I'm getting Debbie trained so that if I drop something, she gets down to get it for me. Haha. 

I'll be 58 May 29th. I sound like rice crispys with milk when I bend over. Snap,crackle ,and pop.

• Like 1

Actually had an ok day today.. Got lots done (well comparatively during a so called lockdown). Got to the bank, to the shops to get a gift for my sisters birthday and got to go to the workshop today to say hi to some people that came in today.  They were letting people in for an hour to collect stuff.. Got the wood I need for the build. Did the lawn for my mum.. All good.. The nicest bits though were at the workshop someone came in with a dog I am friends with. She hasn't seen anyone for weeks either and just went totally nuts running round to each of us. Then when I went to my sisters to drop her gift off I got to see and actually touch Olive her dog...  She was so excited to see me she was crying.... So cute and a shame it was only quick but I loved it... 🙂 

We also got the news that they may open the workshop again next week with limited capacity... So, closed to the public and only seven people in the workshop a day and we will all have to wear gloves and masks etc....  Its just an idea but would be cool to get back to work even if its only one day a week. Also cos of whats going on our eBay shop has gone mad so we desperately need some more stock..

So yeah... Ok as things go...

Edited by Rabs
  • Like 1

I tele-worked today, and in between work tasks on the computer, I accomplished:

* Some tending of the garden. 
Pruning back invading vines. 
Watering the tomato and pepper plants.

* I ran the Boxer puppy to and from the Veterinarian. 
She got stung by a bee, and had welts raise up on her. 
Eighty bucks for a Benadryl shot. 
I'm in the wrong business. 

* I did some dusting, clean-up, and bracket-tightening on a set of Alesis digital drums that I keep in the garage. 
(It's our performance kit. The other one stays in the music room, for recording and for practices.)
It was fun kicking out some jams and thwapping the snare out there in the garage after all was said and done. 
The passing exercise walkers had to wonder what the hell I was doing in there. 

* Oh, yeah, I also Tele-worked. 
I mean, I jammed out in the music room on my green Danny Matthews Telecaster for a while. 
Love that guitar. 

Okay, I'm gonna shut up now. 

😞

Edited by sparquelito

Weird how things have changed huh.....   Before the lockdown and all this started there wernt enough hours in the working day to do all the stuff needed..  Now we are just thankful to get in there for an hour....  A couple of days a week sounds great right now  🙂  

And nah... Don't shut up.. Its all good  [thumbup]  Thank goodness for the internet... If this had happened in the 80s we would all have gone mad running wild on the streets by now... Sharing is good, especially during a time like this.

On 4/27/2020 at 11:50 AM, Mr. Gibson said:

I'll be 58 May 29th. I sound like rice crispys with milk when I bend over. Snap,crackle ,and pop.

Still young.  Well I guess Snap, Crackle & Pop is better than Cough, Fart and Poop. Haha. That was my wife's  mothers complaints her last few years.  Now those are the days, according to her step dad that you find out, If You Really Love each Other Or Not. Lol

• Like 1

Wrote promo for our upcoming release of new Band-in-a-Box plug in e-style and e-fake disks.  If all goes well, a mass, opt-in, e-mail blast goes out early next week.

The products are done, it' s getting the HTML done for eh web site, merging them into the shopping cart, and sending out the e-vites.

Insights and incites by Notes

My lower back went out for 2 days so just sat around and did nothing. Watched movies and read. Today it felt much better so got the guitars out. Could not figure out why my 2 pedals didn't work? Opened up one and No battery, Lol. So I need to get some 9 volt batteries. Then our sons birthday was today so we went over there to celebrate. 

I have been cleaning and organizing the garage this morning. 

Though drummer Joe can't make it, we three remaining band members are going to have a nice band practice this afternoon, with six feet+ distance between alcohol-sanitized mic stands. 
Guitar, bass, three voices. 
The drum kit is set up, just in case any of us want to switch to drums. 
(We're all pretty good drummers, truth be told.)

It's a gorgeous day, and I'm itching to make a joyous noise.

I'll post photos later, once I get it all set up. 
:)

• Like 1

Mowed lawn yesterday.

Took electric hedge-trimmer apart this afternoon, slowly and carefully - and fixed it.  Easy,  just a stuck relay and I'm very pleased I got a good result.

Time to eat....

And BEST WISHES to all!

👍

Edited by jdgm

8 hours ago, sparquelito said:

I have been cleaning and organizing the garage this morning. 

Though drummer Joe can't make it, we three remaining band members are going to have a nice band practice this afternoon, with six feet+ distance between alcohol-sanitized mic stands. 
Guitar, bass, three voices. 
The drum kit is set up, just in case any of us want to switch to drums. 
(We're all pretty good drummers, truth be told.)

It's a gorgeous day, and I'm itching to make a joyous noise.

I'll post photos later, once I get it all set up. 
🙂

It was a fairly productive, virus-free practice this afternoon. 

All mic stands were rubbed down with alcohol, and I had a little bit of alcohol myself. 

My neighbor David came over and filled in on bass, allowing Stacey to move over to drums. 

Good times. 

🙂
3-may-band-practice-jpg.715905

• Like 3

Very sore today.  I’ve got muscles that I forgot I had.   Bought four 8x4 sheets of 3/4” plywood last night at Menard’s for the expansion of my n scale railroad.  That stuff is heavy and bulky as hell....After I man-handled it into the basement I was exhausted.  This morning, my shoulders were killing me and I found several splinters.  Even difficult to move my arms for playing a few songs.  I should have listened to my wife, “Just get the thinner plywood and put a brace under it.”  Anyway, there’s no fool like an old fool.  If I learned from my mistakes, I’d be the smartest guy in the world......I’ve used this down time pretty well.  Being retired, everyday is Saturday anyway, but I really have gotten some things done.  Here in Missouri, more things are opening-up and I’m chaffing-at-the-bit to play my gigs again.  Hope all of you folks are doing okay too.

1 minute ago, MissouriPicker said:

Very sore today.  I’ve got muscles that I forgot I had.   Bought four 8x4 sheets of 3/4” plywood last night at Menard’s for the expansion of my n scale railroad.  That stuff is heavy and bulky as hell....After I man-handled it into the basement I was exhausted.  This morning, my shoulders were killing me and I found several splinters.  Even difficult to move my arms for playing a few songs.  I should have listened to my wife, “Just get the thinner plywood and put a brace under it.”  Anyway, there’s no fool like an old fool.  If I learned from my mistakes, I’d be the smartest guy in the world......I’ve used this down time pretty well.  Being retired, everyday is Saturday anyway, but I really have gotten some things done.  Here in Missouri, more things are opening-up and I’m chaffing-at-the-bit to play my gigs again.  Hope all of you folks are doing okay too.

Ha, that's nothing... Plywood indeed... Today I was back at work for the first time since this all started like six weeks ago... 

I was lifting yew boards about 2.6m long, half a meter wide and 50mm thick,,   As I say it was my first day back in six weeks, I had to take some paracetamol just now.. Back, legs, feet, hands all sore..

But hey it was great to get out and there were only like six people in total there and closed to the public and all that.. And I got to see little Mable who is a dog I am friends with at the workshop, she was very excited to see everyone today..

Actually I have the photos to prove it  🙂  Basically I this is half of a board I cut

2acJJFR.jpg

5vIGuRC.jpg

Lovely stuff

mwrqL5n.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rabs said:

Ha, that's nothing... Plywood indeed... Today I was back at work for the first time since this all started like six weeks ago... 

I was lifting yew boards about 2.6m long, half a meter wide and 50mm thick,,   As I say it was my first day back in six weeks, I had to take some paracetamol just now.. Back, legs, feet, hands all sore..

But hey it was great to get out and there were only like six people in total there and closed to the public and all that.. And I got to see little Mable who is a dog I am friends with at the workshop, she was very excited to see everyone today..

Actually I have the photos to prove it  🙂  Basically I this is half of a board I cut

2acJJFR.jpg

5vIGuRC.jpg

Lovely stuff

mwrqL5n.jpg

Looks like “yew” had a good day too!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mr. Gibson said:

Had to shoot a skunk yesterday,it was working its way to my farmyard . When you see a skunk during daylight hours,it's a good chance it's rabid. Why take a chance? Had no fear of me either,another sign of sick skunk.

You had no choice, but it still stinks.  Take care......Smell you later.🤢

• Like 1