Gibson Brands Forums

WTH did you do today?

Mr. Gibson

Today has been a "honey-do" day, but that's fine.  She's a good woman and some of us got lucky.  Grocery stores,   Going over to my dad's house to keep preparing for an estate sale.  Bringing our grandson over later.  Kind of a typical Saturday around here.  About 25 minutes of guitar playing this morning.  Maybe more later tonight.

8 hours ago, Pinch said:

I'm thinking of sitting in an alley with a bottle of rotgut wine, yelling at strangers. Just for the social interaction. 

Hadn't thought of that, but there are times it don't sound bad.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

spent 6 hours trying to get unemployment - still having problems. But then Florida made International news as the hardest state in the industrialized world to get approved.

Aaaaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh

Bummer. The infamous red tape.

• Like 1

I went grocery shopping. The first time out in two weeks.

Driving at 35mph seems like I'm speeeeeeeeeeding!!!

The G forces are challenging. 😄

The fridge is full and I might not have to go out again for a few weeks.

My wife and I have fun together, so it's nice.

Notes

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, rct said:

Finished throwing money at my Pedalboard of Doom.  For this month at least.

PB2.jpg

rct

Nice selection, what is your most killer pedal, the one that you could absolutely not do without, next to Absinthe?

Edited by mihcmac

The Strymon Sunset, or whatever incarnation of stacked gains I am using at the time, along with the Haunting Mids, that's the ghost one, a sweepable mid boost that helps bulk up the gains.  It was 2 Fulltone OCDs for a couple years.   Reverb always on, that's easy to get.  I don't use delay much at all, only for the Gilmour things if they want that.  I use wah very little, so I have a very little wah.  Compressor always on for cleans, that's easy to get or live without.  

rct

• Thanks 1

Spent about 3 or 4 hours going over the final edits to my chapter in the upcoming 14th edition (I also did the same chapter in the 12th and 13th editions) of this monster book. Got finished mowing the front lawn (did the first half or so yesterday).  Tomorrow I hope to get some billables in.100765636_10158282822543879_668471231095

Edited by Brian Krashpad
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, rct said:

The Strymon Sunset, or whatever incarnation of stacked gains I am using at the time, along with the Haunting Mids, that's the ghost one, a sweepable mid boost that helps bulk up the gains.  It was 2 Fulltone OCDs for a couple years.   Reverb always on, that's easy to get.  I don't use delay much at all, only for the Gilmour things if they want that.  I use wah very little, so I have a very little wah.  Compressor always on for cleans, that's easy to get or live without.  

rct

I like the term "Stacked Gains"