Gibson Brands Forums

WTH did you do today?

Mr. Gibson

Last couple days have been a pain-in-the-***.  Wednesday afternoon my dad's basement flooded when BOTH sump pumps stopped working.  We had almost 8 inches of rain in about 10-11 hours.  The entire basement, water above your ankles.....lol..... Been a real hassle, but  got the "disaster clean-up people" in and they work fast miracles.  By 11pm Wesdesday night they had all the water out.  Now, lots of fans are going to dry everything out and the insurance adjuster is supposed to come on Monday.  Beyond that, just a typical day for a retired dude......,Things are looking better around here.  More and more places are opening-up.  Hoping that by mid-late June, I'm playing gigs again.  We will see.  If not June, then July.

2 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Let's ask Ringo.

But remember when someone breaks into your house or steals your car, don't call the cops call a looter, they will sort it all out.  What happened was beyond wrong.

I just did it ---------------------------------- Thread Lock.

In 5,4,3,2.................................?

You evil,evil man.lol

1 hour ago, MissouriPicker said:

Last couple days have been a pain-in-the-***.  Wednesday afternoon my dad's basement flooded when BOTH sump pumps stopped working.  We had almost 8 inches of rain in about 10-11 hours.  The entire basement, water above your ankles.....lol..... Been a real hassle, but  got the "disaster clean-up people" in and they work fast miracles.  By 11pm Wesdesday night they had all the water out.  Now, lots of fans are going to dry everything out and the insurance adjuster is supposed to come on Monday.  Beyond that, just a typical day for a retired dude......,Things are looking better around here.  More and more places are opening-up.  Hoping that by mid-late June, I'm playing gigs again.  We will see.  If not June, then July.

That is a drag. I used to travel for Coast Guard. One day I came home after fixing a Coast Guard boat, I was gone about 5 days. The toilet upstairssome how was running and come up over the tank. I had Niagara Falls in my living room. I ran up stairs and shut the water off. Water damage is no joke.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

I'm digging out steps up the bank in my garden.  There's such a high stone content that it's more spoil and hard core than soil.

I'll post photos sometime. The amount of earth and stones coming out is staggering.   Great exercise but I'm 66 next month and feeling it.

Afterwards I also watched the launch which was just - brilliant. The 1st stage landing on the barge is jaw-dropping (suddenly there it is sitting on the pad), the touch-screen console amazing -  cutting edge aerospace engineering.

I love seeing the camera-on-side-of-spacecraft footage that we also got from the shuttle launches, and the separation of stages like the 2nd stage on the rocket today.   SF movies don't really get near it yet even with CGI or whatever it is these days.

Edited by jdgm

On 5/29/2020 at 8:55 PM, Mr. Gibson said:

Turned 58 today,grilled chicken and potatoes with Mara's fantastic homemade carrot cake for supper. No finer feast.

Happy Birthday Jim. Hope it was great for you. Carrot cake is my favorite. Yum!

• Like 1

I've been in training the past four weeks for my new work-from-home job. I haven't had time to check the Forums until today. I graduated Friday and my regular Production starts tomorrow. Training was much more intense than I expected. It's because I work for a  financial institution and there are sooo many regulations. Man I'm glad that's behind me. I hope all of you have been well!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Marky Forrest said:

I've been in training the past four weeks for my new work-from-home job. I haven't had time to check the Forums until today. I graduated Friday and my regular Production starts tomorrow. Training was much more intense than I expected. It's because I work for a  financial institution and there are sooo many regulations. Man I'm glad that's behind me. I hope all of you have been well!

Congrats on your gradulation MF. I know how overwhelming the learning process can go. It took 3 years at Union Pacific to complete your apprenticeship.  Wish you best luck on your new job. 

• Like 1

Forgot, What I did today....After church I planted a ton of flowers for my wife in the front flower bed. Not hard work, they were small and easy to plant. Worse thing was on the knees and the lower back hurting. Old age isn't for the young and many on here are older than I.  

1 hour ago, uncle fester said:

I'm trying to get my step count up.  Walked up and down the driveway 34 times, 165 steps each time, 5610 steps.  Nice.

I got one of those nice rowing machines. My fat butt is gonna get on it in about 20 mins.

On 5/31/2020 at 6:05 PM, Retired said:

Congrats on your gradulation MF. I know how overwhelming the learning process can go. It took 3 years at Union Pacific to complete your apprenticeship.  Wish you best luck on your new job. 

Thank you so much. Today, my first day of Production, was super busy but it made the day fly by. Production is way better than Training. No notes to type up every night, no studying and testing. This is nice now. Phew!

On 5/30/2020 at 12:39 PM, sparquelito said:

YARDWORK
(a limerick)

What the hell am I doing you say?
Yard work, man, it's Saturday
I'm edging and mowing
And now my age is showing
What once took an hour takes all damned day!

😔

Isn't that the truth. takes me 3 to 4 hours to do the front and back now. Thats weed trimming, mowing and blowing off the concrete. Used to be able to paint a room in an hour and now thats all darn day. Told the wife, I may have to retire from those jobs sooner than later. 

On 6/1/2020 at 2:30 PM, uncle fester said:

I'm trying to get my step count up.  Walked up and down the driveway 34 times, 165 steps each time, 5610 steps.  Nice.

Do you have one of those watches that count your steps? I used to do that too. Tried to get 10,000 steps or more each day. Then I noticed after time, I started to get burn marks on  my wrist caused by the watch. So I threw it away. Something to do with the magnification or the batteries? 

On 6/1/2020 at 5:26 PM, Sgt. Pepper said:

I got one of those nice rowing machines. My fat butt is gonna get on it in about 20 mins.

Any movement is good movement, I find rowing machines are tough movement - good for you!

12 hours ago, Retired said:

Do you have one of those watches that count your steps? I used to do that too. Tried to get 10,000 steps or more each day. Then I noticed after time, I started to get burn marks on  my wrist caused by the watch. So I threw it away. Something to do with the magnification or the batteries? 

Just ordered a step tracker you keep in your pocket, didn't want something you have to wear all the time.  We're doing a competition at work, and my step counts are super low right now, but by the time we finish hope to get up to 10k a day.

I love guitar, like to fish... both can suck up a lot of time, and neither gives that good of a work out.   Exercise, as my dr says - use it or lose it.

Spent about 5 hours cleaning wife's Tribeca and my Taurus. Mostly shampooing carpets for first time on these 9 year old 'classics'.  After I came in, I realized my  apple watch battery had run down, so I didn't get any credit for the 'move' or 'exercise'  stats.   Ready to chuck it and go back to my self-winding Seiko.  I always get 'credit' on that one !  

Watched the tree guys all day, lots of much needed trimming and removal on the estate.  I look like some dopey old retired guy with his arms folded watching these young bucks climb around like acrobats.

I'm going to make cocktails to coincide with Mrs finishing up "work" and we will tour the grounds with an adult libation.  This has been needed to be done for a couple years now and is worthy of a celebration.  Plus it was our old friend back in town and back in business, first did tree work here 15 years ago.

So I went to get things ready for dinner and all that and get stuff out for drinks and such and realized that after our tour of the grounds today we will be

OUT OF BOOZE.

HTH did that happen?

rct