Gibson Brands Forums

WTH did you do today?

Mr. Gibson

15 hours ago, uncle fester said:

Any movement is good movement, I find rowing machines are tough movement - good for you!

Just ordered a step tracker you keep in your pocket, didn't want something you have to wear all the time.  We're doing a competition at work, and my step counts are super low right now, but by the time we finish hope to get up to 10k a day.

I love guitar, like to fish... both can suck up a lot of time, and neither gives that good of a work out.   Exercise, as my dr says - use it or lose it.

Great. Yes, exercise is good for you, I fell away with all the cover 19 going away.  I used to work out on weights for decades. Think I was strongest in mid 50's bench pressing 335 lbs for 3 or 4 reps. In my 60's I started to lose as my back went out and caught some colds and stuff.  Walking is great for you too and your heart. 

3 hours ago, rct said:

Watched the tree guys all day, lots of much needed trimming and removal on the estate.  I look like some dopey old retired guy with his arms folded watching these young bucks climb around like acrobats.

Wear it like a badge of honor.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, uncle fester said:

Wear it like a badge of honor.

I do man.  Then, to really push the dooschy old guy over the edge, I walked around with a scotch and soda, nodding approval at all they had done.

I turned 60 this past weekend.  Watching these guys today made me vaguely remember "work".

rct

• Like 2

Today, I trimmed all the hedges along the back driveway which are about 40, or 50 feet long and the ones in the back yard.  Still need to do the ones along the back street and sidewalk as i'll take those on tomorrow.  As I was setting the sprinklers to come on, I just couldn't get them to work. Checked everything  I could think of and the valve handles in the basement.  Nothing, so I finally gave up. Later, Deb comes to me and tells me to come to the garages I go. The electrical plug came out of the socket. I did not see that.  At least they are  working now and I told her she's Yogi Bear, Smarter than the average bear like me, Haha.  

Today was pretty decent.  Pretty warm for early June.  Think it got to 91.  Anyway, needed the AC in the car.  Twenty years ago I hardly ever used the AC in the car, but now I’ve got to have it.  Anyway, lot of “Honey-do ‘ stuff today, but still got to spend a couple hours on my model railroad expansion and finished-up a river.  We spent some time on the back deck tonight with the dogs and I got about an hour of guitar in.....Almost forgot, got an email from my 7-year coffeehouse gig saying they’re about ready for some music again.  That pretty much assured that I’d have a good day and it was.  Life goes on and we have to go with it.[thumbup]

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MissouriPicker said:

Today was pretty decent.  Pretty warm for early June.  Think it got to 91.  Anyway, needed the AC in the car.  Twenty years ago I hardly ever used the AC in the car, but now I’ve got to have it.  Anyway, lot of “Honey-do ‘ stuff today, but still got to spend a couple hours on my model railroad expansion and finished-up a river.  We spent some time on the back deck tonight with the dogs and I got about an hour of guitar in.....Almost forgot, got an email from my 7-year coffeehouse gig saying they’re about ready for some music again.  That pretty much assured that I’d have a good day and it was.  Life goes on and we have to go with it.[thumbup]

Thats a great hobby. Expensive though. I used to do it also.  I worked for the Union Pacific  RR till the Omaha shops closed down and then went to Burlington Northern and they merged with Santa Fee where I retired from 7 years ago.  What cars do you have on your set?

14 hours ago, rct said:

I do man.  Then, to really push the dooschy old guy over the edge, I walked around with a scotch and soda, nodding approval at all they had done.

I turned 60 this past weekend.  Watching these guys today made me vaguely remember "work".

rct

Happy Birthday, Junior.

On 6/3/2020 at 8:47 PM, rct said:

rct

So sorry I missed your Birthday RCT, I commented below and didn't even see it.  Happy belated Birthday and hope it was great.  60 now and senior citizen discounts. I used to get those at 55, but they raised it to 60 here. Some places raised it to 65.  Guess I qualified for them 3 times now, lol. 

1 hour ago, Retired said:

So sorry I missed your Birthday RCT, I commented below and didn't even see it.  Happy belated Birthday and hope it was great.  60 now and senior citizen discounts. I used to get those at 55, but they raised it to 60 here. Some places raised it to 65.  Guess I qualified for them 3 times now, lol. 

I missed it in the comments as well, happy birthday to you.  60s a good number...   a good number to rock out with!  Congrats

2 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I'm hanging out in Alabama with my best friend and it's hot as a crotch down here. We've been in the pool, played some guitars later on eat some barbecue.

Hot here to. 93 with 33% humidity at the moment and real feel, 97.  If it's like this in June, what's to behold in the hotter months? Stay cool. Alabama has the extreme humidity to doesn't it? Yeah, thats what I hate.  It hits in the 80's and 90's % humidity normally here in Nebraska  during the summer months, Hate it. Let me know if you know of a state where it hits no lower than the 40's during the winter months and no higher than 75 in the summer months.  I'm in my guitar room and its blasted hot in it. Thats with the air conditioner on. 

Played some electric guitars at my buddies. First time in long while. A LP Studio, a Deusenberg (nice), G&L ASAT Tele(super nice)and a Heratige 335 clone. The Heratige  was as good if not better than a 335. After that got bored with electrics and played his 000-15👍.

2 hours ago, uncle fester said:

Had a conversation with my wife.  She said i should be nicer to her, I said she should stop being a pain in the ***, she looked at me - paused, laughed and left the room.  Point - me.

Couch tonight?

• Like 1

Got some suede Levy's straps in the mail and rediscovered that Explorers have a LOT of body hanging out the back.

No wonder Clapton used a buzzed down version, he was probably knocking stuff off of shelves every time he turned around.  

7 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Couch tonight?

That would be too good. Probably outside in the heat and in the doghouse, LOL 

I mowed in that heat here. heat index was 102,  then I restrung my sons Pelham Blue Custom Pro and did a set up on it.  He wanted it back so I ran it over to him after I got it done. He traded me that guitar for my Black Epiphone Standard so I picked it up and brought it back home.  

Edited by Retired

Yesterday we finished the Revision on a Band-in-a-Box aftermarket fake disk. Today I'll create the installation routine, write the new HTML web page, update my index and other linked pages, and upload.

Then I'll start writing some new styles for my http://www.nortonmusic.com business.

It ain't giggin' but it's still music. (I  miss gigging but it's time will come)

Notes

On 6/6/2020 at 6:40 PM, SteveFord said:

Got some suede Levy's straps in the mail and rediscovered that Explorers have a LOT of body hanging out the back.

No wonder Clapton used a buzzed down version, he was probably knocking stuff off of shelves every time he turned around.  

I think Eric bought it that way.