Gibson Brands Forums

WTH did you do today?

Mr. Gibson

Checked cattle over at the pasture and then checked them here and found 2 missing a pregnant cow and my old bull,cow was out back laying with her new calf,old bull went to the happy hunting grounds. It must of been there a couple days, all bloated,full of maggots and the smell was a bit overpowering. Scooped it up with the skid steer and after a few dry heaves dumped it on a rock pile. Damn I can't get used that smell ever. Mara was wondering how I could eat after that, cuz I'm hungry that's how. I said  you get used to that,but not the smell.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Gibson said:

Checked cattle over at the pasture and then checked them here and found 2 missing a pregnant cow and my old bull,cow was out back laying with her new calf,old bull went to the happy hunting grounds. It must of been there a couple days, all bloated,full of maggots and the smell was a bit overpowering. Scooped it up with the skid steer and after a few dry heaves dumped it on a rock pile. Damn I can't get used that smell ever. Mara was wondering how I could eat after that, cuz I'm hungry that's how. I said  you get used to that,but not the smell.

You are a man's man. I'm a puke joiner in-er. I see puke or some one puking. I have at it.

• Like 1

Saturday went to ER, and had symptoms like a flu. They ran tests and wanted to keep me , but I convinced them that I could more comfortable at home than a hospital room. So they did the swab for COVID, and on Wed AM got the call that I have the virus. So isolate for two weeks at least, but feel lousy, fortunately at this point not extreme , but some of the coughing spells are a bit testy, feels as if your lungs are about to turn inside out, so weak that I tried to play some acoustic earlier and just too exhausted to even hold the guitar. 

I will be glad when 2020 is over , I am not buying into the new normal no matter what. I am a dinosaur and in a world of snowflakes. And soon I will be extinct.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, pappy said:

Saturday went to ER, and had symptoms like a flu. They ran tests and wanted to keep me , but I convinced them that I could more comfortable at home than a hospital room. So they did the swab for COVID, and on Wed AM got the call that I have the virus. So isolate for two weeks at least, but feel lousy, fortunately at this point not extreme , but some of the coughing spells are a bit testy, feels as if your lungs are about to turn inside out, so weak that I tried to play some acoustic earlier and just too exhausted to even hold the guitar. 

I will be glad when 2020 is over , I am not buying into the new normal no matter what. I am a dinosaur and in a world of snowflakes. And soon I will be extinct.

Best wishes to you and I hope you recover fast and completely.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pappy said:

Sorry to hear this.  I'm sure you'll be feeling better by next weekend - that'll be 2 weeks, right?  Let us know  how you're doing.  I hate it when I'm too sick to play, but I think it provides me with incentive to get better quicker !  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, pappy said:

Get well soon Pappy!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, pappy said:

Sorry to hear you are sick, but glad you are able to be at home, might try playing an electric usually easier, this has been a very tough year, do what you gotta do and get well..

17 hours ago, pappy said:

Really sorry to hear that, best to with prayers for a speedy recovery.

• Like 1

I contemplated buying 144 Fender Heavy tortoiseshell picks for $26 from Amazon which already has my credit card info entered and i can buy it with one click but is far more than i need, or I can get 24 picks for $8 from sweetwater, which really is more in line with what I want  - but then I have to take all the time to enter the cc info.   Then i got tired of thinking and went outside.

18 hours ago, pappy said:

The  ❄️ line made me laugh. Get well soon.

44 minutes ago, uncle fester said:

I contemplated buying 144 Fender Heavy tortoiseshell picks for $26 from Amazon which already has my credit card info entered and i can buy it with one click but is far more than i need, or I can get 24 picks for $8 from sweetwater, which really is more in line with what I want  - but then I have to take all the time to enter the cc info.   Then i got tired of thinking and went outside.

I bought 30 or was it 40 Jazz IIIs in the late 1980s and still have more than a dozen unused. 

And - today I slept a few hours. We have had a week of heatwave here in England and my house has been like a night storage heater.  One night my bedroom was 29c.

Around 34c on the hottest days and I haven't slept for several nights or done anything constructive for days.  Today it went down to 22c and I was able to stack some Zs.

Swimming pool in my town opens again on Monday and you have to book. Soon as I got the email I booked 10 sessions.  Only allowed 45 minutes but that'll do.

Edited by jdgm

29 minutes ago, Mr. Gibson said:

Not a dinosaur, A valuable antique.

Like my 1917 Edison wind up player. My 1926 Victrola will be an antique in 6 years. My Brunswick is a mid to late 20's too. All made in Jersey.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper