Gibson Brands Forums

WTH did you do today?

Mr. Gibson

6 hours ago, ghost_of_fl said:

My Aunt bought a house that already had a Portuguese oven built into a wall.  It looks a whole lot like a pizza oven.  I think it was designed for cooking meats.  Your brick work looks beautiful like that.  

Thank you....I've been doing it a long time. 

5 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I have wanted a set of Klipschorns for decades, but don't want to mortgage my house for a set. 

I see deals on them every so often. A lot depends on your location, deals can be had in the $2000-2500 range. Next year will be their 75th anniversary.

Not much today so far, yesterday ground feed for the cattle,I'm getting too old to be shoveling oats on a 92 f day in a steel bin. 

Just got done eating baked spaghetti hot dish,now I'll stare the iPad for awhile. Need to go to the village  to do some banking,get supplies,lick tub for the cattle.

Today I returned to playing my weekly gigs at the sweetest coffeehouse around.   Gusto’s.  I’d been playing there every Wednesday for just over seven years when the shutdown began.   I was very surprised when I got there to find that during the shutdown one of their patrons, who is also an artist, brought them a picture he had sketched of me a few years ago during one of my gigs.  The owner had the picture framed and placed on the coffee house fireplace.  I’m very fortunate to have found this gig and they’ve always made me feel welcome.  It’s great to play somewhere and even the customers remember your name.

FDA763AC-7D46-4AC6-A68D-DEB8738A548D.jpeg

CDC6C4C8-DBCF-4D40-82A6-448422443D73.jpeg

7 minutes ago, rct said:

I finished the Booker's a while ago and haven't gotten any bourbon lately.  Time for a bottlea Yellowstone.

rct

Basil is smoooooooth.

I have a bottle of 13 YO scotch. Can't remember the name. The bottle is gone and the liquor is in my cool ceramic bottle that came filled with Tullamore Dew. Phil Lynott would be proud.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Thanks 1

Speaking of things to drink——-My wife and I still have two unopened bottles of cheap wine from our wedding (almost fifty years ago).  A bottle of Annie Green Springs and a bottle Boone Farm.  I think back then they cost something like $1.50 or so.  After reading a couple of the recent comments I started wondering what they taste like now.  Maybe we’ll open them in February, sniff them, then pour them down the drain....lol....

31 minutes ago, MissouriPicker said:

Speaking of things to drink——-My wife and I still have two unopened bottles of cheap wine from our wedding (almost fifty years ago).  A bottle of Annie Green Springs and a bottle Boone Farm.  I think back then they cost something like $1.50 or so.  After reading a couple of the recent comments I started wondering what they taste like now.  Maybe we’ll open them in February, sniff them, then pour them down the drain....lol....

Last time I drank Boone's Farm I was at my Coast Guard's ships party in Panama on Rodman Naval Base in '96. Got lit and spilled alot if it on myself. It was red and I had a white shirt on. F-in Coasties.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Haha 1

First and last time I had Boone's Farm Strawberry Wine  down in Virginia Beach. First warm day of spring, weekend liberty.  Deceptively sweet, went down cool, fast and cheap.  Had to throw out  my undress white jersey.  Some of it didn't stay down.  Haven't liked wine ever since. Though, I'm not sure that was actually 'wine'.   Just like Thunderbird.   ("Not The Indian Relic") 

Best understood if you listen to Townes Van Zandt -  "Talking Thunderbird Blues"  - Live At The Old Quarter.   "Now all I drink is Communion Wine. Six days a week". 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

First and last time I had Boone's Farm Strawberry Wine  down in Virginia Beach. First warm day of spring, weekend liberty.  Deceptively sweet, went down cool, fast and cheap.  Had to throw out  my undress white jersey.  Some of it didn't stay down. 

I live 45 mins from VB. It's still a dump.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

You don't so much survive as much as you suffer the next day. Liquor was not meant to be neon blue. There is your warning sign.

The grape version is what I seem to remember, its extremely foggy though...

7 minutes ago, mihcmac said:

The grape version is what I seem to remember, its extremely foggy though...

Remember St. Ides. It was brutal  malt liquor. I now understand why people  do drive by's.  Here comes the Canuck to tell me I'm a bad person.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

On August 26, 2020 at 8:38 PM, MissouriPicker said:

Today I returned to playing my weekly gigs at the sweetest coffeehouse around.   Gusto’s.  I’d been playing there every Wednesday for just over seven years when the shutdown began.   I was very surprised when I got there to find that during the shutdown one of their patrons, who is also an artist, brought them a picture he had sketched of me a few years ago during one of my gigs.  The owner had the picture framed and placed on the coffee house fireplace.  I’m very fortunate to have found this gig and they’ve always made me feel welcome.  It’s great to play somewhere and even the customers remember your name.

FDA763AC-7D46-4AC6-A68D-DEB8738A548D.jpeg

CDC6C4C8-DBCF-4D40-82A6-448422443D73.jpeg

Looks cozy