Gibson Brands Forums

WTH did you do today?

Mr. Gibson

17 hours ago, rct said:

I remember both very well!  Congratulations.  We are punks, 40 years this November.

rct

I'm a newlywed at 30 years in October.

44 minutes ago, mihcmac said:

You haven't lived until you survive Mad Dog 20 20

MD-20-20-FB-750x400.jpg

Natives here drank this before the oil boom,now it's Crown Royal and heroin.

Edited by Mr. Gibson

Mad Dog was a higher percentage of alcohol, I think.  18-19% or so.  And don’t forget Thunderbird and Bali Hi.  Seems there were dozens of those cheap “party wines.”  Then in a few years most of them were gone.  Sweet and fruity. Drink it like soda pop, get yourself drunk, then vomit while doing stupid stuff....lol.....those were the days

Finally had a thunderstorm. It cleared the air!

But the brief rainstorm was crazy. It didnt just fall, it somehow blasted down from the sky. I heard somebody yelling outside; it was a council working fixing a streetlamp. I dont know if it was terror, frustration or anger. It might have been pain? He was being pressure washed after all. Eventually he got under a tree. 

Even my (usually bulletproof) full wet weather gear would not have coped with that. Maybe a 1 atmosphere diving suit? Anyway, its over now. The streetlamp is fixed and the sun is shining again.

17 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

Finally had a thunderstorm. It cleared the air!

But the brief rainstorm was crazy. It didnt just fall, it somehow blasted down from the sky. I heard somebody yelling outside; it was a council working fixing a streetlamp. I dont know if it was terror, frustration or anger. It might have been pain? He was being pressure washed after all. Eventually he got under a tree. 

Even my (usually bulletproof) full wet weather gear would not have coped with that. Maybe a 1 atmosphere diving suit? Anyway, its over now. The streetlamp is fixed and the sun is shining again.

We had the same kind of downpour here in Independence, Mo. at around 6:00am.  I had just gotten the dogs inside and it started.  No wind, but a rain that came down so hard it roared.  Did it for about 15 minutes then turned into a gentle shower that lasted untill around 11:00am.  We needed it.  Been pretty dry for last few weeks.  Also, it knocked the daytime temperature down to the low 70s.  Sure beats the 90s.

Went to town last night and came upon a semi vs pickup head on,couple of drunk natives crossed the center line and if not for quick reaction of the farmer who braked and cranked the wheel at the last moment he only clipped passenger side of pickup. They rolled the the pickup and both got ejected out into the field,one was laying face down,but alive the  other got up and dusted himself off and went to his passenger. The semi driver who is a farmer,had serious but not life threatening injuries. 

Edited by Mr. Gibson

2 minutes ago, Mr. Gibson said:

Went to town last night and came upon a semi vs pickup head on,couple of drunk natives crossed the center line and if not for quick reaction of the farmer who braked and cranked the wheel at the last moment he only clipped passenger side of pickup. They rolled the the pickup and both got ejected out into the field,one was laying face down,but alive the  other got up and dusted himself off and went his passenger. The semi driver who is a farmer,had serious but not life threatening injuries. 

Where do you live in Mad Max Town?

9 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Aya I used to do it that way. Results were good but it's a lot of work.  Hard to get it flat. A lot of pizzarias will sell you balls of uncooked dough if you ask.  Hidden menu item. 

Making dough with a mixer is easy. I can't make a crust round to save my life. I started making it after watching Bobby Flay make dough on one of his shows, and said "I can do that". Was in Walmart one day after the show aired and one of those fancy mixers was on sale. Took a few tries to get it right. I just started doing it again after taking a break from it. I would rather eat my pizza than most places.  The best place around here closed. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Wife is vomiting and took to bed, agonized over the purchase of a Marshall amp and finally bought one, played through the 100W half stack to make sure it won't catch on fire when turned on, bought the electrical guts from a 2020 Les Paul Standard (P90s for a Firebird, rest of it for a Les Paul Special), read part of Madeline Albright's Fascism: A Warning out in the sun with the tortoises and now time to go dodge giant carnivorous lizards and feed hungry boa constrictors.

I'll give the monitors some hot dogs to keep them occupied for a moment.  They just gulp them right down.

Taking the Sunday afternoon nap without the dog snoring away is still really strange.  

4 hours ago, SteveFord said:

Thank you, they gave her a bunch of meds at the hospital yesterday, she says she thinks she lost 30 pounds losing all of the stored up water.

My favorite monitor lizard, Squirrley, died today.  This year has been the s hits.

Damn that sux. 2 animals in a week or so.

I don't have a Zappa Monitor Lizard line. You didn't have a poodle. But not a spec of cereal for my dog.

And yet, we still have stories on the news this morning:  "Experts warn of surge in Coronavirus cases this Fall."  Because some people broke 'lockdowns' and went out to the beaches this Labor Day weekend. Which, of course isn't even over.  Sounds like the 'experts' are just using the same press releases they used for Fourth of July.   And ironically, the same politicians who said the lockdown would be over when we had a vaccine,  are now saying - they won't trust the science !       I think  'what I'm doing today' is taking a holiday from  "the news".   

PA is still going up a steady 6-700 cases per day so that explains why the news sounds the same.  

I just got back from buying a cooler full of frozen rats and rabbits from a guy who had the cornavirus last Spring.  Big, burly Harley guy, 50 years old, he said he thought he was going to die when he had it and it did permanent damage to his leg and hip joints.  He was walking like a robot, the poor guy.