Gibson Brands Forums
Mr. Gibson

WTH did you do today?

26 minutes ago, mihcmac said:

You haven't lived until you survive Mad Dog 20 20

MD-20-20-FB-750x400.jpg

You don't so much survive as much as you suffer the next day. Liquor was not meant to be neon blue. There is your warning sign.

1 minute ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

You don't so much survive as much as you suffer the next day. Liquor was not meant to be neon blue. There is your warning sign.

The grape version is what I seem to remember, its extremely foggy though...

7 minutes ago, mihcmac said:

The grape version is what I seem to remember, its extremely foggy though...

Remember St. Ides. It was brutal  malt liquor. I now understand why people  do drive by's.  Here comes the Canuck to tell me I'm a bad person.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

On August 26, 2020 at 8:38 PM, MissouriPicker said:

Today I returned to playing my weekly gigs at the sweetest coffeehouse around.   Gusto’s.  I’d been playing there every Wednesday for just over seven years when the shutdown began.   I was very surprised when I got there to find that during the shutdown one of their patrons, who is also an artist, brought them a picture he had sketched of me a few years ago during one of my gigs.  The owner had the picture framed and placed on the coffee house fireplace.  I’m very fortunate to have found this gig and they’ve always made me feel welcome.  It’s great to play somewhere and even the customers remember your name.

FDA763AC-7D46-4AC6-A68D-DEB8738A548D.jpeg

CDC6C4C8-DBCF-4D40-82A6-448422443D73.jpeg

Looks cozy

3 minutes ago, rct said:

We only had one Mad Dog.

rct

Was he an Englishman?

17 hours ago, rct said:

I remember both very well!  Congratulations.  We are punks, 40 years this November.

rct

I'm a newlywed at 30 years in October.

44 minutes ago, mihcmac said:

You haven't lived until you survive Mad Dog 20 20

MD-20-20-FB-750x400.jpg

Natives here drank this before the oil boom,now it's Crown Royal and heroin.

Edited by Mr. Gibson

Mad Dog was a higher percentage of alcohol, I think.  18-19% or so.  And don’t forget Thunderbird and Bali Hi.  Seems there were dozens of those cheap “party wines.”  Then in a few years most of them were gone.  Sweet and fruity. Drink it like soda pop, get yourself drunk, then vomit while doing stupid stuff....lol.....those were the days

Finally had a thunderstorm. It cleared the air!

But the brief rainstorm was crazy. It didnt just fall, it somehow blasted down from the sky. I heard somebody yelling outside; it was a council working fixing a streetlamp. I dont know if it was terror, frustration or anger. It might have been pain? He was being pressure washed after all. Eventually he got under a tree. 

Even my (usually bulletproof) full wet weather gear would not have coped with that. Maybe a 1 atmosphere diving suit? Anyway, its over now. The streetlamp is fixed and the sun is shining again.

Living next to a volcano next to an active volcano can be challenging at times, with the Vog causing me COPD flareups.

1 hour ago, mihcmac said:

Living next to a volcano next to an active volcano can be challenging at times, with the Vog causing me COPD flareups.

You on the Big Island. I was stationed at Barbers Point on Oahu.

17 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

Finally had a thunderstorm. It cleared the air!

But the brief rainstorm was crazy. It didnt just fall, it somehow blasted down from the sky. I heard somebody yelling outside; it was a council working fixing a streetlamp. I dont know if it was terror, frustration or anger. It might have been pain? He was being pressure washed after all. Eventually he got under a tree. 

Even my (usually bulletproof) full wet weather gear would not have coped with that. Maybe a 1 atmosphere diving suit? Anyway, its over now. The streetlamp is fixed and the sun is shining again.

We had the same kind of downpour here in Independence, Mo. at around 6:00am.  I had just gotten the dogs inside and it started.  No wind, but a rain that came down so hard it roared.  Did it for about 15 minutes then turned into a gentle shower that lasted untill around 11:00am.  We needed it.  Been pretty dry for last few weeks.  Also, it knocked the daytime temperature down to the low 70s.  Sure beats the 90s.

This is how pizza night ends. Except your full and need a nap before bedtime. These were killer. The Margarita was on point. 

UPgNIW5.jpg

YhE8BOb.jpg

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Hangover Day 1. Of 2. Not fair.

Or, rather, it's very precise punishment. Still don't like it. Aussie wines are sneaky. The Chardonnays are so good. Great wines, kangaroos, Digger and Crocodile Dundee. What's not to like?

4 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

This is how pizza night ends. Except your full and need a nap before bedtime. These were killer. The Margarita was on point. 

UPgNIW5.jpg

YhE8BOb.jpg

Damn, looks good sarge.

Went to town last night and came upon a semi vs pickup head on,couple of drunk natives crossed the center line and if not for quick reaction of the farmer who braked and cranked the wheel at the last moment he only clipped passenger side of pickup. They rolled the the pickup and both got ejected out into the field,one was laying face down,but alive the  other got up and dusted himself off and went to his passenger. The semi driver who is a farmer,had serious but not life threatening injuries. 

Edited by Mr. Gibson

2 minutes ago, Mr. Gibson said:

Went to town last night and came upon a semi vs pickup head on,couple of drunk natives crossed the center line and if not for quick reaction of the farmer who braked and cranked the wheel at the last moment he only clipped passenger side of pickup. They rolled the the pickup and both got ejected out into the field,one was laying face down,but alive the  other got up and dusted himself off and went his passenger. The semi driver who is a farmer,had serious but not life threatening injuries. 

Where do you live in Mad Max Town?

On 8/30/2020 at 9:17 AM, Sgt. Pepper said:

UPgNIW5.jpg

YhE8BOb.jpg

What is the bread, pita?  I've been using these:

93437f1b2f48eac3655b1aa50671f73b_large.p

If you go 10 or 11  posts up you will see the mixing bowl with yeast starting to bloom. Its fresh dough. Water, flour, yeast, honey, oil and salt.  Then let the mixer to the work. 

Aya I used to do it that way. Results were good but it's a lot of work.  Hard to get it flat. A lot of pizzarias will sell you balls of uncooked dough if you ask.  Hidden menu item.