Gibson Brands Forums

WTH did you do today?

Mr. Gibson

They aerated the front and back late yesterday.  I removed all the flags this morning and mowed. We got our new waist & recycled containers today as that starts November 30th. The rest of the day, I will work on a painting of the Farm in South Dakota for Deb.  She wants it for her new kitchen. 

Worked in my garden today, all good....the last thing I did was to hand-saw up a lot of old deadwood I'd taken out of the bushes at the top.

I knelt down to do it.   Couldn't believe how hard it was to get up, and how tired I felt - it suddenly hit me - when I did.  At 66 I don't bounce back anymore.

But I had to finish it; what I was thinking was "if I get all this done today I won't have to do it tomorrow".  

👍

Worked all day, lost my bid on a guitar (who cares), fed snakes, lizards and tortoises, checked out guitars for sale online and took a shower.

I finally had enough and lopped off a year's worth of hair growth.  Not the most artistic hair cut in the world but I sure feel better.  Even on blood thinners my head was too hot.

Oh yeah, ordered another Roland cord.  That cheapie wireless doohickey is okay for far away but up close to the amp I don't think I'll use it.

Edited by SteveFord

44 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

Worked all day, lost my bid on a guitar (who cares), fed snakes, lizards and tortoises, checked out guitars for sale online and took a shower.

I finally had enough and lopped off a year's worth of hair growth.  Not the most artistic hair cut in the world but I sure feel better.  Even on blood thinners my head was too hot.

Oh yeah, ordered another Roland cord.  That cheapie wireless doohickey is okay for far away but up close to the amp I don't think I'll use it.

I think I understand tortoise keeping but lizards and snakes...nope.  Beautiful animals but I couldn't be their keeper.

Ultimate guitar cord (I have one of these, 'Silver' series) -

http://www.petecornish.co.uk/cabprice.html

• Like 1

Expensive but probably worth it.

I gave up and will be returning the wireless one.  Might as well spend the money elsewhere, that shouldn't be too hard to do.

Breaking in that little Origin 20, right now it sounds pretty pathetic but it's also right out of the box.  I'll report back after it's had a 100 hours or so on it.

Fixing barb wire fences. Bulls fighting I imagine.

Went to pasture to check on the tenants bull,saw he was sickly and called him to give a shot of antibiotics. He uses an air powered dart gun. Which is much better than locking it up,head gating it,then give it a shot. Great device.

14 hours ago, Retired said:

Nice guitars & amps there. I like that red & white Epiphone. 

Thank you, my Epi collection is a lot of fun. I have found that one amp is quite sufficient when I jam, but I do like to use both of the when I'm at home.

Edited by mihcmac
  • Like 1

On 9/17/2020 at 11:07 AM, MissouriPicker said:

We used to catch copperheads when I was in the Cub and Boy Scouts.  They were never very aggressive and their poison is not among the really deadly snakes..  It was crawling away from me and it was easy to get him from behind.  I’m not much of a risk taker....lol.   I just wanted to get it out of the neighborhood and a few miles south of I70 seemed like a good place for him.  Rattlesnakes i won’t touch and I don’t care to swim in lakes.

On 9/17/2020 at 11:11 AM, MissouriPicker said:

They are definitely dangerous..

I spent a fair amount of time wandering the bush in CA and AZ, getting very close to Rattlers, but not having contact. I was taught to never to go into bushes where I didn't have clear sight of everything. But I have been close enough to see and hear them many times. At Lake Mead in AZ there have been reports of swarms of Diamondbacks crossing the lake at certain times of the year..

I did accidentally catch a Coral snake, but managed to toss it across the stream.

Anyway I'm glad I live on a Island without snakes... But we do have Sea Snakes..

Edited by mihcmac

Sea snakes won't bother you unless you pick up a beached one.

Dug out the old Guild D4-NT to take some pics for some hoser who threatened to buy it (he vanished) and played it a little bit.  I'm told that scalloped back really DOES cause it to project a bit....

Nice guitar, I should start playing it a bit more.  Feels weird after two years of solid body electrics, kind of feel  like I should be wearing a fez and some sort of ethnic garb.

7 hours ago, mihcmac said:

Thank you, my Epi collection is a lot of fun. I have found that one amp is quite sufficient when I jam, but I do like to use both of the when I'm at home.

I rarely use the Mustang 3 amp anymore.  I might end up trading it for a Vox.  But I play the Tube amp for now. 

8 hours ago, MarkSabier14 said:

Totally agree! I don't like them

Arizona is still pretty wild with mostly undeveloped country, you can drive for hours through the desert and still see more desert and the mountains are always farther away than they look. So to see a Jaguar the southern boarder is remote, the area is desolate and huge. Puma's are much more plentiful and some do live in the hills surrounding the cities, but still a rare thing to see. Seeing a big cat like a Jaguar would be extraordinary..

Edited by mihcmac

Since Deb and her friend were gone Quilt shopping, I decided to get rid of some old ammo that was taking up space. I went to the Bullet Hole with my FNX .45 and FNS .40 and put many holes in paper targets.  I blew the Bullseye out of 2 of them, Lol.  I was only 35 to 40 feet away though. 

• Like 2