Gibson Brands Forums
Mr. Gibson

WTH did you do today?

Sea snakes won't bother you unless you pick up a beached one.

Dug out the old Guild D4-NT to take some pics for some hoser who threatened to buy it (he vanished) and played it a little bit.  I'm told that scalloped back really DOES cause it to project a bit....

Nice guitar, I should start playing it a bit more.  Feels weird after two years of solid body electrics, kind of feel  like I should be wearing a fez and some sort of ethnic garb.

7 hours ago, mihcmac said:

Thank you, my Epi collection is a lot of fun. I have found that one amp is quite sufficient when I jam, but I do like to use both of the when I'm at home.

I rarely use the Mustang 3 amp anymore.  I might end up trading it for a Vox.  But I play the Tube amp for now. 

5 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I volunteer to house sit for the one in black shorts.

She is a beauty but thought, I'd better keep my mouth shut.  She is young. 

Did what is almost certainly the last sea swim of the year. Cherry and I are really 'fair weather' swimmers. Got in 18,000 steps as well. My weight is creeping back up and I am determined to regain control.

Didn't play any guitar at all all day. That's very unusual.

8 hours ago, MarkSabier14 said:

Totally agree! I don't like them

Arizona is still pretty wild with mostly undeveloped country, you can drive for hours through the desert and still see more desert and the mountains are always farther away than they look. So to see a Jaguar the southern boarder is remote, the area is desolate and huge. Puma's are much more plentiful and some do live in the hills surrounding the cities, but still a rare thing to see. Seeing a big cat like a Jaguar would be extraordinary..

Edited by mihcmac

Since Deb and her friend were gone Quilt shopping, I decided to get rid of some old ammo that was taking up space. I went to the Bullet Hole with my FNX .45 and FNS .40 and put many holes in paper targets.  I blew the Bullseye out of 2 of them, Lol.  I was only 35 to 40 feet away though. 

• Like 2

Today was my weekly music gig at Gusto Coffeehouse.  Nice to be back in part of my regular routine.  Been back for a month now.  Don’t know  went my Friday gig at Caribou Coffee will resume,  We’ve got three large school districts now challenging the county over its COVID restrictions on sporting events and asking for the names of the medical authorities giving advice to the county.   For example, only the parents can attend outdoor sporting events, but the gymnasium is full for volley ball.  Anyway, it’s interesting to see so many people saying “Enough!”   ........Fall is definitely arriving here in the Midwest.  I like seeing the seasons change.  Cooler weather and more cloudy days, getting dark earlier.  I like that.  Kind of gives me a secure feeling and I also tend to write more.

• Like 1

7 more days till October. I'm promised my guitar will show up in October.  I'll keep close tabs with Dietze through October. They know It's been ridiculous on their part.  I will be ticked if No Show!  Especially waiting 4 months for a guitar. They said I get 2 free complete setups for waiting. Maybe I should do one free setup and one free guitar case?  Haha.

17 hours ago, MissouriPicker said:

Today was my weekly music gig at Gusto Coffeehouse.  Nice to be back in part of my regular routine.  Been back for a month now.  Don’t know  went my Friday gig at Caribou Coffee will resume,  We’ve got three large school districts now challenging the county over its COVID restrictions on sporting events and asking for the names of the medical authorities giving advice to the county.   For example, only the parents can attend outdoor sporting events, but the gymnasium is full for volley ball.  Anyway, it’s interesting to see so many people saying “Enough!”   ........Fall is definitely arriving here in the Midwest.  I like seeing the seasons change.  Cooler weather and more cloudy days, getting dark earlier.  I like that.  Kind of gives me a secure feeling and I also tend to write more.

Agree.  Hopefully the change in seasons will bring a change in what we've been experiencing for the past 6 months.  Our dogs seem to like going out in the morning and finding it's 20 degrees cooler.  Must have something to do with their fur coats.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

Agree.  Hopefully the change in seasons will bring a change in what we've been experiencing for the past 6 months.  Our dogs seem to like going out in the morning and finding it's 20 degrees cooler.  Must have something to do with their fur coats.  

Yeah, I think lots of folks have more “get up and go” when the the heat is fading.  Today it’s supposed to be around 84 here.  Certainly not a scorcher, but warmer than the last few days.  Hell, when I was twenty-five the heat didn’t bother me.  Used to play softball when it was upper 90s and 100+.  Now, if it’s in the mid 80s I don’t want to go outside....lol....One of the big advantages of being retired is that if you don’t want to do something, you usually don’t do it.  So, since my wife is over our daughter’s until around 3pm......means I’ll be napping, playing guitar, napping, fool around with my model railroad, napping, eating, napping.  Looks like a busy day!

Edited by MissouriPicker

Got me a new chainsaw, one of those battery operated ones.   Definitely not something you'd take on a survival mission - but for the worse that can happen on 1/2 acre of suburbia, it's freakin cool.  Push a button, it starts.  I love battery things.

• Like 1

Mowed this morning and ran trash out for pickup.  Exciting Huh?  Lol Yesterday was busy running back and forth from 2 guitar stores and finally came home with my brand new Epiphone Riviera in a box.  Unfortunately, It didn't come from Dietze Music as they failed to produce the guitar. So I had to get the new one that Guitar Center had.  Not really found of GC as they turned me off in the past. Their employees they hire remind me of the management at the Railroad, but like I told Deb, Heh? At least they have the guitar and now at the same match price as Dietze.  So Later I will take a photo of it and Ask Rob, (Digger) to post it on the Lounge.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Retired said:

Mowed this morning and ran trash out for pickup.  Exciting Huh?  Lol Yesterday was busy running back and forth from 2 guitar stores and finally came home with my brand new Epiphone Riviera in a box.  Unfortunately, It didn't come from Dietze Music as they failed to produce the guitar. So I had to get the new one that Guitar Center had.  Not really found of GC as they turned me off in the past. Their employees they hire remind me of the management at the Railroad, but like I told Deb, Heh? At least they have the guitar and now at the same match price as Dietze.  So Later I will take a photo of it and Ask Rob, (Digger) to post it on the Lounge.  

Guitar - congrats!  Sorry it was such an issue - but you tried every which way to give your biz to Dietze - so good for you for finally getting it, rock on!

• Like 1

Trimmed the back hedge for the last time this year. Though I may try to do the tops if Cherry comes around to hold the ladder later. All the cuttings went in the 'Green Waste' Bin which is collected fortnightly. 

When I did the same job earlier this year there were 3 times more cuttings to dispose of. Even with Cherry's help, that took half a day. 

6 hours ago, uncle fester said:

Guitar - congrats!  Sorry it was such an issue - but you tried every which way to give your biz to Dietze - so good for you for finally getting it, rock on!

Thanks, I sort of felt bad as when we left, Ned was very depressed as his face was disappointed they couldn't deliver.  Heh, I told him I wanted to do business here, I waited almost 4 months but you guys can't promise I'll get it even next January!  I also asked if they would just give me that $1,700.00 Gibson hanging up there for the Riviera price, I'll go home with that one! Lol. They said, Nope.  See, I tried? 

I rode in a CH-47F flight simulator today, and gave an Instrument Evaluation to one of our staff aviators. 

She was sharp and confident. 
Good flight!!

😛

tFgedGP.jpg

• Like 2

Finished digging potatoes. 350 lbs ain't great but enough for us,also dug horseradish too,have to look online to see what to do with it. Skin and grind it I think. Good for sinus infections I read.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mr. Gibson said:

Finished digging potatoes. 350 lbs ain't great but enough for us,also dug horseradish too,have to look online to see what to do with it. Skin and grind it I think. Good for sinus infections I read.

I love horseradish sauce. The hotter the better.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, uncle fester said:

Got me a new chainsaw, one of those battery operated ones.   Definitely not something you'd take on a survival mission - but for the worse that can happen on 1/2 acre of suburbia, it's freakin cool.  Push a button, it starts.  I love battery things.

I have a small Kobalt chainsaw, powered by a LiO battery. 

This thing is a hoss
It really cuts, and I don't just mean limbs and branches. 
I have brought down many full-sized pine trees with it. 

🙂

• Thanks 1

On 9/28/2020 at 6:26 PM, Mr. Gibson said:

Try Carolina Reaper hot sauce.  Rated at 2,200,000 Scoville Units.  Which means, it takes that many gallons of water to dilute one drop so it can't be tasted.  That would clear up those sinus's, Lol.  When Steve & I worked in Shot Blast, we experimented with some of the hottest known peppers back then.  One foreman put a little sause on the tip of a chip and about died, Haha. He guzzled 5 bottles of water and it just kept spreading like wildfire.  

My significant others RC all terrain car came in yesterday from China, it is so fast and she's having a ball with it. I finished mowing the back half of the lawn today.