Gibson Brands Forums

WTH did you do today?

Mr. Gibson

10 hours ago, kidblast said:

HA!  yea,, Maybe, I know they (Da Bomb) had a few different "blends"..   that stuff was just death in a bottle man..  I found Sugar cuts the heat pretty good too.  it absorbs the oils,  swish it around in your mouth then by all means,, spit that crap out!!  

One hot sauce that I still to this day make sure I have some on hand is Scorned Woman.  That stuff is great, it's hot, but not crazy, and it actually has flavor. 

My son has gotten in to making his own,  he has a mango habanero recipe that's really good.

I had fun with the stuff.  The Final Answer was the hottest I had,  Almost bought a 10 oz bottle of this one,  "The Source," and it was the hottest they had way back then. It was rated at 7.1 Million Scoville Units  and sold for $89.95 back then. I figured the Bomb was plenty hot enough. A guy asked me to put a full drop of the Bomb in his bowl of chili, and his bowl was half full.  I refused to and told him to fill it full. He wouldn't and insisted he wanted to try the Final Answer.  So I got a tooth pick and put just the tip of it barely on the dipping stick. He thought, No way in heck he could taste it with barely a dot on the wood. I told him to stir it up well through all the chilli and he did. Haha, he took a spoonful and once he swallowed he about cried and couldn't take another bite.  He couldn't believe it was that hot.  Today they have sauces that go way beyond the heat levels. I have no idea what they would use them for.  What got me started was a trip to Tijuana   Mexico. A Kentucky Chicken had a bottle of hot sauce out on the table and I tried it out. That stuff was insane, So I grabbed the bottle and brought it back to my Uncles house in California. I put a drop in everything I ate to get used to it, Even on my eggs.  I had Pain Is Good, A$$ Kicking sauces,  Hot sauce from Hell, Satan's Blood, All kinds of them from Kansas City,  We tried and ate every one up. Yeah, I'm a glutton for punishment. Lol

13 hours ago, Retired said:

I had fun with the stuff.  The Final Answer was the hottest I had,  Almost bought a 10 oz bottle of this one,  "The Source," and it was the hottest they had way back then. It was rated at 7.1 Million Scoville Units  and sold for $89.95 back then. I figured the Bomb was plenty hot enough. A guy asked me to put a full drop of the Bomb in his bowl of chili, and his bowl was half full.  I refused to and told him to fill it full. He wouldn't and insisted he wanted to try the Final Answer.  So I got a tooth pick and put just the tip of it barely on the dipping stick. He thought, No way in heck he could taste it with barely a dot on the wood. I told him to stir it up well through all the chilli and he did. Haha, he took a spoonful and once he swallowed he about cried and couldn't take another bite.  He couldn't believe it was that hot.  Today they have sauces that go way beyond the heat levels. I have no idea what they would use them for.  What got me started was a trip to Tijuana   Mexico. A Kentucky Chicken had a bottle of hot sauce out on the table and I tried it out. That stuff was insane, So I grabbed the bottle and brought it back to my Uncles house in California. I put a drop in everything I ate to get used to it, Even on my eggs.  I had Pain Is Good, A$$ Kicking sauces,  Hot sauce from Hell, Satan's Blood, All kinds of them from Kansas City,  We tried and ate every one up. Yeah, I'm a glutton for punishment. Lol

I kind of agree,, it stuff is that hot, it renders anything it touches inedible.. what be the point?  You know the heat is right when it's hot as you can stand and yet, you go back for more of what ever it's in... 

• Like 1

On 10/2/2020 at 10:38 PM, uncle fester said:

Was scrolling through the thread and stopped on this picture again, for some reason this picture of a  dog just makes me want to stop and look...  was wondering if it had that affect on anyone else

Looks like she's in junior high. Come back in 20 years. 

The dog's funny, though. 

13 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

Walked in the wind & rain. Got cold & wet. 

Now warm & dry.

8000 steps done so far. Another 5000 will do for today.

Thats great. I used to try 10,000 steps every day. When I worked I got way over 20,000 every day.   A few years back, I was pretty sick and Deb went to Duncan Donut,  her car failed and the battery was dead. It needed a new one, so she had to walk home in the freezing rain and cold. She was soaked through when she got home.  Thats not fun!

5 hours ago, Retired said:

Thats great. I used to try 10,000 steps every day. When I worked I got way over 20,000 every day.   A few years back, I was pretty sick and Deb went to Duncan Donut,  her car failed and the battery was dead. It needed a new one, so she had to walk home in the freezing rain and cold. She was soaked through when she got home.  Thats not fun!

On New Years Eve, Cherry & me were celebrating at a pub with live bands. We had pre-ordered a taxi. So 20 minutes before its due we go outside and wait. Its cold, but were ok. We waited more than an hour and no car showed up. Couldn't get through to the co. on her phone. We prepared for the long walk home (about 5 miles), but we weren't dressed for it. We were dressed for indoor partying. We kept positive and set off.  By the time we reached the town centre we found another taxi luckily. 

A wise man once said, 'there's no such thing as the wrong weather; just the wrong clothes'. 

Just now, Pinch said:

He sold clothes, right? 

He was a fisherman. As it happens it was televised. The 'wise man' said this to Billy Connelly when river fishing in a remote part of the highlands. Billy was freezing his @ss off dressed stylishly but inappropriately. The angler was in kitted out in warm waterproof gear.

Swam 54 lengths.  Booked more swims for next week.

Wrote letter of objection to local council planning dept over proposal to build 3 huge blocks of flats on very narrow small piece of land behind houses on my estate.

Baked bread - came out very well this time.   Did my accounts for September.  

Now trying to get my cheapo WIN10 tablet to work. It doesn't want to - needs a full battery charge.  I don't leave it on charge overnight as it gets hot.  Bah. Guitar time!

3 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I returned to work today. Yeah. We have about a 7 to 10 week electrical project we just started. They also think where I work we would all be coming back to work in December. Oh well at least next Monday is a paid holiday.

I thought you were part of the retired masses...

Not a lot. And I dont have too much planned..  Taking a nice long deserved break and stopped work....  Will probably hibernate over this winter.. Maybe go back to guitar building again when I feel more rested.. 

2 hours ago, SteveFord said:

Worked another 12 hour day and then the wife and I got flu shots.  Exciting stuff!

I've been drooling over a 335 on Facebook Marketplace so decided to dig mine out of storage and play it for a bit.  Not nearly as handsome or fancy but it'll do.

How many electric guitars and acoustics do you have now Steve? 

My salad spinner arrived yesterday. Gives me the impetus to clear out the kitchen cupboards, make more room & re-order stuff.

Lots of stuff to get rid of that I'll never use again. Pasta rolling machine, electric knife, bowls, mixers etc. Some will go to charity, family or bin. Broke a plate so had to collect all the shards & vacuum up. Its important, I wander around in bare feet most of the time. Cleansing cream is soaking on the shelves now while I sip a ginger & lemon infusion and type this.

I want to get outdoors while the weather is still fine. Might leave finishing the job after the constitutional. Its still only 9.20am here in the uk, so plenty of day remaining.