Gibson Brands Forums
Mr. Gibson

WTH did you do today?

On 10/14/2020 at 10:40 PM, Retired said:

You got it, Thats how I got the 9 guitars I have now. See, You just have to use ingenuity.  Deb says I'm very creative and here's what I tell her. "You need multiple guitars for different songs. Just like the pros on stage. Ever notice how they grab different  guitars for different songs? Many songs require different tunings and I don't have the time to retune for each different song. So I told her, Thats why I need to put one on the rack and grab another one. So I play the intro to American Woman with my Ovation, and set it down and pick up an Electric and play the next part." Then if you play Rocky Mountain Way, You need another electric guitar already tuned for that song.   Heh, It works for me!

That Mini Etune must have given you more than a few uneasy moments.  What if she finds out you can press a button?

Packing to go make some noise, taking my Ibanez and G400 which both have the same HB sized Mean 90's in them, will see how they react for comparison at higher volume.

5 hours ago, Mr. Gibson said:

Pheasant hunters calling and beating on my door so they can slay pheasants on my land. Ain't happening,let the birds alone ain't hurting anybody and they're beautiful to look at. Buy your own land and hunt that. Every year I go through this bs. No hunting sign means no hunting.

We had No Hunting signs everywhere on the fence line at our farm in SD. Pheasants were everywhere the few times we went up there. Hunters not only violated the signs, they broke into the house many times and stole all the brass beds and whatever they wanted. We knew it was hunters because the idiots left us a letter on the dinning room table telling us they were. Since no one lived there daily, they got away with it.  Post signs that say," Long hair freaky hunters will all be shot on sight. " See if that helps. Lol

3 hours ago, SteveFord said:

That Mini Etune must have given you more than a few uneasy moments.  What if she finds out you can press a button?

Haha, Actually I only play with 3 different tunnings so Then I told her, It's not true, that all guitars sound the same. So I need different tones. The Vintage Jaguar to play just surf songs and so forth. Lol. 

5 hours ago, Pinch said:

Maybe add a sign that says "NO PHEASANT HUNTING - EVER".

You'd think "NO HUNTING" should be clear enough, though. 

Well tonight I had one walking behind me while I was moving bales with the skid steer. Finally I stopped and he asked, I said its for somebody else to hunt,which is the truth. My friend Dan has that PAD in his legs and can't walk far anymore,so it's his to hunt. Besides he does all my electrical for free as he is a master electrician with his own business. He'll only take a couple to eat,and most will live another year instead of 2 pickup loads of hunters killing and wounding most of them.

45 minutes ago, Retired said:

We had No Hunting signs everywhere on the fence line at our farm in SD. Pheasants were everywhere the few times we went up there. Hunters not only violated the signs, they broke into the house many times and stole all the brass beds and whatever they wanted. We knew it was hunters because the idiots left us a letter on the dinning room table telling us they were. Since no one lived there daily, they got away with it.  Post signs that say," Long hair freaky hunters will all be shot on sight. " See if that helps. Lol

Well if I get mad or put a sign up like that,I wouldn't put it past some of these guys to drive by and light my hay on fire. When people have guns,you have to hold your temper, people are funny and they're all strangers so who knows.

I had taken a cup of warm milk to bed, but fell asleep before drinking it. So I wake in the night to a wet mattress. I tried cleaning it with soap & bicarbonate of soda. Unusable for at least a day now. Will need to sleep elsewhere.

Also poured 'unblocking' crystals into kitchen sink. Something wrong with them. They completely blocked up the sink & no water would drain at all. So now cant use bed or sink. I had to unscrew the P trap and clear out the stupid crystals by hand. No new washers to re-install it, so had to use some PTFE tape. Seems ok now, but I'm going to bollock the company that made those crystals.

Changed the oil on my snowblower, getting ready for winter.  Started it up, ran it for a couple minutes -engine seized and blew a couple big chunks of metal out the side.  Oooof - working on plan B for snow removal this year.

1 hour ago, uncle fester said:

Changed the oil on my snowblower, getting ready for winter.  Started it up, ran it for a couple minutes -engine seized and blew a couple big chunks of metal out the side.  Oooof - working on plan B for snow removal this year.

Wtf time for a new one.

3 hours ago, uncle fester said:

Did you remember to put oil back in after you drained it?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

9 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

One time I changed my oil, and it ran fine,, something happened after the fact and the oil drain attachment snapped off..  I didn't realize it,, till I started the engine.

Woa Nelly!!!  Lucky for me it was a real old Toro that  my dad gave me which was on it's last legs anyway..  DOH!!!!!!!!!!!

Gorgomyte and new strings on my Plustop Pro. Great guitar.  Then reading up on who said what about whom during these weeks leading up to the election. 

12 minutes ago, Pinch said:

Gorgomyte and new strings on my Plustop Pro. Great guitar.  Then reading up on who said what about whom during these weeks leading up to the election. 

Pelosi said it.

Put in another 12 hour day at work and poked around to see what guitars I can't afford are up for sale.

Saw a couple of really nice ones, imagine that.

Gibson sure knows how to tempt people who are easily led astray.

Still no Firebird VII, though.

Way too much.  Yard work, Trash out, Helped Deb inside, Walked Sundance in the neighborhood, Turned off the sprinkler system and got some reading done. About 8:30 now. 

18 hours ago, Mr. Gibson said:

Wtf time for a new one.

No kidding, huh ?!?

16 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Yep.

16 hours ago, kidblast said:

One time I changed my oil, and it ran fine,, something happened after the fact and the oil drain attachment snapped off..  I didn't realize it,, till I started the engine.

Woa Nelly!!!  Lucky for me it was a real old Toro that  my dad gave me which was on it's last legs anyway..  DOH!!!!!!!!!!!

I've got a few of those 'old' things from my father....  my lawn tractor which I also use for snow blowing is from my father and 45+yrs old.  It started 2 weeks ago when I changed it's oil, but it wouldn't start his weekend.  Time to figure this one out.  It doesn't always work (hence the other snowblower - but when it does, it is the bomb).  Being down to one iffy piece of equipment doesn't have me excited.

2 hours ago, uncle fester said:

No kidding, huh ?!?

Yep.

I've got a few of those 'old' things from my father....  my lawn tractor which I also use for snow blowing is from my father and 45+yrs old.  It started 2 weeks ago when I changed it's oil, but it wouldn't start his weekend.  Time to figure this one out.  It doesn't always work (hence the other snowblower - but when it does, it is the bomb).  Being down to one iffy piece of equipment doesn't have me excited.

don't worry Unc,  we wont get any snow............  said no one from New England ever..

1 hour ago, kidblast said:

don't worry Unc,  we wont get any snow............  said no one from New England ever..

Lol - my boss went up to Bretton woods this past weekend, they got 6 inches.

Got my wife's Prius a State Inspection. Here you go Virginia here's my $20 you had a guy look at the car and put a sticker on the window.👍

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

yea,, New Hampster already getting snow...  We can wait for that,, really  I'm good with waiting...

53 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Got my wife's Prius a State Inspection. Here you go Virginia here's my $20 you had a guy look at the car and put a sticker on the window.👍

it's $35 here in Tax-a-chusettes

Edited by kidblast

Got 3 inches last night

On 10/20/2020 at 8:26 AM, kidblast said:

There talking snow here this Sunday.  Guess I better get the snow blower started up.  I was up on the roofs cleaning today. 

On 10/20/2020 at 9:56 AM, Mr. Gibson said:

Got 3 inches last night

That's what she said...[woot]

• Haha 1

Went to Patterson NY and back today. Our shop is looking to purchase a new CNC Mill, so the owner and I went up with the sales rep to check out the plant where they are assembled. During the tour we saw a mill being assembled for Martin Guitars among others. Pretty cool trip.