Jump to content
Gibson Brands Forums

WTH did you do today?


Mr. Gibson
 Share

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

 

Lets know how the Zoom checks out. I have a Beat Buddy for drums, though its been gathering dust for a while. 

Well, you play in a band don't you? My 2 uncles I played with have both been dead for decades. I do miss it though. It was just 3 guys on guitars and we didn't have a drummer. How did you like the Beat Buddy?  I thought about one way back. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Retired said:

Well, you play in a band don't you? My 2 uncles I played with have both been dead for decades. I do miss it though. It was just 3 guys on guitars and we didn't have a drummer. How did you like the Beat Buddy?  I thought about one way back. 

 

Blown Out has been running down steadily for a while. I think we had 2 gigs in 2019 & of course nothing since C19. Most offers of gigs are difficult to  confirm anyway with seven guys with families. Its like trying to herd a bunch of cats. I miss playing out. Next confirmed gig is my son's wedding next August. That should have been this year, but yeah... C19 again. I hope it works out for next year.

Beat buddy is good, and I should try to use it again. It would be terrific for a bassist I think. If you get the extra pedal, you could gig with it (seated would be best). At different parts of the song you can stomp to add  fills and variations. You can plug it into your Aux and adjust the volume independently. Its expensive, but its built like a tank. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

 

Blown Out has been running down steadily for a while. I think we had 2 gigs in 2019 & of course nothing since C19. Most offers of gigs are difficult to  confirm anyway with seven guys with families. Its like trying to herd a bunch of cats. I miss playing out. Next confirmed gig is my son's wedding next August. That should have been this year, but yeah... C19 again. I hope it works out for next year.

Beat buddy is good, and I should try to use it again. It would be terrific for a bassist I think. If you get the extra pedal, you could gig with it (seated would be best). At different parts of the song you can stomp to add  fills and variations. You can plug it into your Aux and adjust the volume independently. Its expensive, but its built like a tank. 

Thats right, Since I don't gig, I keep forgetting about Covid 19.  That has pretty much shut everything down.  Many things have been shut down for good because of it. By the way, Congrats on your sons marriage next year. Deb ordered me a Zoom G3X effects pedal for Christmas and has a drum beat on it as it claims. I think its like 60 to 80 different beat patterns. It should be interesting when I get it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Mr. Gibson said:

Fat as I'm getting Sundance could chew on me all winter.lol

You didn't hear the best part Jim, we have a dirt room floor in the basement where they used to store corn. Yep, so we bury the bones afterwards so no one finds out! Lol So we have a 3 step process,  1. shoot them, 2. feed them to the dog, 3. bury the bones.  We don't seem to get any crooks here. Haha.

Edited by Retired
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Retired said:

You didn't hear the best part Jim, He have a dirt room floor in the basement where they used to store corn. Yep, so we bury the bones afterwards so no one finds out! Lol So we have a 3 step process,  1. shoot them, 2. feed them to the dog, 3. bury the bones.  We don't seem to get any crooks here. Haha.

Lol!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Mr. Gibson said:

Lol!

Yeah, We laugh about it too. John was a little boy when we moved here. In elementary  school anyway.  All the neighborhood kids were telling him that dead people were buried in the basement.  When we moved in, There was an old cast iron pot stove in that dirt room and an old Model A tire in it also. Along with some other things. Theres a lot of single doors staked but no graves? But then, I guess they wouldn't mark them would they? I wanted to make it my exercise room with all my weights and call it the torture room. Never did yet. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got tired of struggling with the input jack on the red SG Standard so pulled the control plate and MANfully opened up the jack's tines with my powerful thumbs.  That thing was so tight I was afraid of eventually breaking the wood pulling the cord out.  Still pretty snug but nothing like it was.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok then.

The uk goes on another month of lockdown starting this Thursday 5th Nov. So that's the hat trick. The 3rd holiday to be cancelled this year. We (the ex carers) were due to go to the Isle of Wight for an early Xmas break on week 48.

There are  6 of us. 3 of us have confirmed that we'll roll it over 'til next year (or next year's lockdown). Oh well. Unlucky but understandable 😶

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, SteveFord said:

Hope the rain doesn't make the cardboard cut outs in the stands get all runny and floppy.

At the beginning of the season they didn't have the fake crowd noise up loud enough and you could hear the players cursing at each other which was pretty funny.

What a year!

That is hilarious.  I've only watched one college game so far this year.  Teams are getting pulled because of players coming down with covid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I spent most of the day doing work in the back yard I already did yesterday.  My Zoom pedal came in, Deb wanted me to check it out to make sure it worked. Yes, It does.  But since I had to put it back in the box, Till Christmas,  I asked if I could keep the directions so I could read up on it.  It does far more than what I will use. I don't plan on placing my own effects in it. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Retired said:

I spent most of the day doing work in the back yard I already did yesterday.  My Zoom pedal came in, Deb wanted me to check it out to make sure it worked. Yes, It does.  But since I had to put it back in the box, Till Christmas,  I asked if I could keep the directions so I could read up on it.  It does far more than what I will use. I don't plan on placing my own effects in it. 

 

We have to wait til Boxing Day for a review?! [wink]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...