Gibson Brands Forums
Mr. Gibson

WTH did you do today?

2 hours ago, SteveFord said:

Didn't work (for once) so played the Firebird VII and then took rode some motorcycles around.

Also discovered that one of my monitor lizards is now large enough where he can gulp down a hard boiled egg in one piece.  Went out later in the day and he was looking for another one, the pig.

When you're having nightmares about work several days in a row you know you need a mental health day.  75 hour work weeks for months will do that to you, I discovered.

Good grief, that is a long week.  I used to do double shifts all week for 49 hours total, and once in awhile I could get a Saturday in there for 56 hours. Those would bring home pretty good pay checks. On nights doing that I was ahead of everyone on the overtime list one year at BN.      Wow! A whole egg?  He must be pretty big now. 

I've been doing those hours since early April, no wonder I"m dreaming about the job.  

Taking today off as well.  Cool and overcast but this one bike was running on 2 1/2 cylinders so we'll see if that Chevron Tektron and some new gas did the trick.  You can't let things things sit like I did this year.

He just ate a chicken wing after the egg yesterday, he's getting there.  Dumeril's Monitors top out at around 6' so they're one of the giant lizards.  You have to treat them with respect as they eat crabs in with wild and a bite from an adult can break your hand.  CRUNCH!

Don't want that.

This guy's probably 8 years old, I would expect him to go another 12-15 years so he's got some growing to do.  He will probably be able to wolf down a squirrel or a smaller rabbit when all is said and done, 

You really want to feed these guys with tongs and always have two doors available.

One of my coworkers died last week.  He had been unable to get out of bed, he dropped 35 pounds and the doctor gave him some sort of pill for his guts and he was up and about, same as ever, smoking his skinny little cigars and cursing up a storm and telling his endless stream of stories. 

About a month later he took a nosedive, went to the hospital on Friday, they said I dunno and on Tuesday he was dead from cancer of the everything.

That kind of got us all thinking a little differently.  The work we do is pretty important and it's a madhouse but we also have to take some time for ourselves before they shovel dirt on our faces.

Today is motorcycles, animals, guitars, finish a book.  Tomorrow it's back to work but not today.

Friday I (maybe) buy a really nice guitar as a reward for being so well behaved.  Be kind of a niche model but I think it'll be okay.

Edited by SteveFord

14 hours ago, SteveFord said:

I've been doing those hours since early April, no wonder I"m dreaming about the job.  

Taking today off as well.  Cool and overcast but this one bike was running on 2 1/2 cylinders so we'll see if that Chevron Tektron and some new gas did the trick.  You can't let things things sit like I did this year.

He just ate a chicken wing after the egg yesterday, he's getting there.  Dumeril's Monitors top out at around 6' so they're one of the giant lizards.  You have to treat them with respect as they eat crabs in with wild and a bite from an adult can break your hand.  CRUNCH!

Don't want that.

This guy's probably 8 years old, I would expect him to go another 12-15 years so he's got some growing to do.  He will probably be able to wolf down a squirrel or a smaller rabbit when all is said and done, 

You really want to feed these guys with tongs and always have two doors available.

One of my coworkers died last week.  He had been unable to get out of bed, he dropped 35 pounds and the doctor gave him some sort of pill for his guts and he was up and about, same as ever, smoking his skinny little cigars and cursing up a storm and telling his endless stream of stories. 

About a month later he took a nosedive, went to the hospital on Friday, they said I dunno and on Tuesday he was dead from cancer of the everything.

That kind of got us all thinking a little differently.  The work we do is pretty important and it's a madhouse but we also have to take some time for ourselves before they shovel dirt on our faces.

Today is motorcycles, animals, guitars, finish a book.  Tomorrow it's back to work but not today.

Friday I (maybe) buy a really nice guitar as a reward for being so well behaved.  Be kind of a niche model but I think it'll be okay.

Yep, I agree. When I went through that cancer, I wasn't given good odds of surviving, and used as a Guinea pig.  That was in 1988 & still here. One thing I told myself,  From now on, I will stop and smell the Roses along the way each day.  Time is too short, Make sure you make time for you and your family. 

Access to health care has taken a back seat to focusing on the China Flu for the past 10 months.  My wife was diagnosed with breast cancer a month before they closed hospital admissions for everything except 'emergencies'.   She was one of the last to get surgery and Radiation Therapy before they shut the doors to keep beds empty.   Now she's  in the 'medically fragile' group (had lung cancer 6 years ago which she also beat), so  she and I (and our 4 kids and their families) have not been able to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  Fortunately, with the vaccine just around the corner - if the FDA gets off their axe and begins their review of Pfizer's application.   

Sorry to hear the news about your wife, Prayers and best wishes for her and family.