Gibson Brands Forums

WTH did you do today?

Mr. Gibson

Subaru called this morning on the home ph. I can never hear anyone on it very good. Debbie told me to call a Jerry back and make an appointment.  OK? So I did and then  we showed up and test drove 2 SUV's. The Forester was just like I remembered it 4 years ago when she bought her Outback. It was sort of stiff and choppy. However I could put up with it since she was basically  demanding I sell my Saturn. Then the Ascent. I had no idea he was going to have me drive a off road course they had set up?  Yeah!! Scared me alright, I wasn't prepared for a 4X4 up a steep hill, over 9" deep ruts and at right and left angles making you feel like you were going to roll over. Then when we got at the top, I couldn't see where the road was. Looked like if I went in any direction other than reverse, I would fall off a cliff. He kept saying keep going, a little right, Not a little left, Slowly now, take your foot off the brake! "The heck I will, Thats the only thing saving our buts!" lol.   No no, take it off, The car will brake on its on. He kept repeating it. He had Deb push some button in the beginning I guess that put it in 4X4 and we had to do this around 15 mph. Sure enough, the car had brakes applied on its own easing the car down that hill that appeared to be a cliff at first.  I couldn't even see the road it was so steep. Over 9" 5" eep ruts, deep holes and high bumps, All as smooth as driving on a new surface on the interstate.  Amazing. I got out of that course, and said. I will never be taking this off road or anything like this again, but I am sold with what it can do. Haha, I sort of wanted a 4X4 and did not know a Subaru had anything more than all wheel drive. That is what the Ascent has but there is a button that locks it in 4X4. That might come in handy for deep snow once in a while. So we drove home tonight with a Subaru Ascent Limited trim package, AWD/Leather seats. in Crimson Red Pearl.  $7,000.00 off the MSRP price. I was surprised they even gave me 3 grand for my S14 year old Saturn Vue. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SteveFord said:

Congratulations on your new wheels.

All the varmints get along plus they don't skip too many meals, they've got it made.

👍 I know a guy who is terrified of snakes.  If he saw that one he would be way down in the next county, Lol.  I told him once I was looking for where this garter snake went at work, It went under the wheel set at work,  And he was already off running. Haha. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SteveFord said:

A garter snake?  Oh, jeez.

People have really strange ideas about these animals.  

That monitor lizard is ALWAYS looking for food, that boa couldn't scoot away from the camera fast enough.  Eeek, monster!!!

HaHa, When I was at Havelock shops, my partner wanted me to put this yellow caution police tape in his forklift. He thought Bubba would think it to be a snake. I told my partner, there's nobody that stupid! I wouldn't do it. Steve kept bugging me to do it for weeks. Just to get him to shut up, I did. I tied it inside his fork truck and to the drivers door handle so when he opened the door, the yellow caution tape would come out the door. Sure enough, I heard all about it from the guys and maintenance. They had to come over and remove the snake as Bubba was in the North Forty as he went screaming past all the guys in Building 33.  I thought I would help him get over his fear.  I drew him a coloring book. Each page was a different snake, from constrictors to deadly poisonous snakes. I drew the snake on each page, I colored one in with colored pencils to show how it was supposed to look and let him color in the other one on the next page. I must of drew 30 different snakes. Haha, he never did one of them. Toy snakes frightened him. Never saw anyone that bad before. 

7 hours ago, mihcmac said:

Mowing the lawn today and waiting for the UPS truck to come with my new guitar..

Congrats on the new guitar, I waited for 4 months for my Riviera to show from our favorite guitar shop. never did so in Oct. I saw GC had 2 so bought one there. By the way Sgt. I was out doing work in the yard when I got a call from Dietze Music Store.  Chris said: "We got that Riviera in and wanted to tell you in case you were still interested? That was like the 2nd week of November and we ordered the guitar last June. Nope, I already have one I told him. 

6 hours ago, uncle fester said:

First day back to work after last week off...  only got 2 naps in

(Retired - congrats on the new ride, nice!)

Thanks Fester. We got it insured today. Deb ordered a windshield screen for it and bought a bed for the back for our Doberman. I plan on leaving the 3rd row seats down and giving him the back part to go to the lakes for our walks. 

13 minutes ago, Retired said:

Congrats on the new guitar, I waited for 4 months for my Riviera to show from our favorite guitar shop. never did so in Oct. I saw GC had 2 so bought one there. By the way Sgt. I was out doing work in the yard when I got a call from Dietze Music Store.  Chris said: "We got that Riviera in and wanted to tell you in case you were still interested? That was like the 2nd week of November and we ordered the guitar last June. Nope, I already have one I told him. 

My Wilshire just got here...... Its way better than I expected......

NLjkiMk.jpg

7 hours ago, Scarecrow1120 said:

Congrats, My assumption is that after this photo, you dropped the camera and just started playing. Please post an unwrapped photo during one of you breaks.

It came at 6:25 PM my time, while I was recovering from mowing the lawn, but managed to get a shot off while opening the box. The Wilshire was almost tuned and the action was pretty good right out of the box, Music Zoo did a decent job setting it up just like my 339. So I played it for a while with the plastic still hanging on, It sounds great and finish is really good. 

Good job by Music Zoo. I know you  tend to have quite high humidity where you are, so it survived that ok.

The guitar I got last month was sent well set up (I know the seller well) but arrived needing a full set up anyway. Those postal depots where I live keep parcels overnight in the freezing cold. The seller didn't believe me at first, but I just happened to shoot an unboxing video of it & sent him the link. It clearly showed major string buzz all over.  

Last year I had a Ric delivered from Ireland, and the guitar was virtually frozen. That fared a little better.

46 minutes ago, merciful-evans said:

Good job by Music Zoo. I know you  tend to have quite high humidity where you are, so it survived that ok.

The guitar I got last month was sent well set up (I know the seller well) but arrived needing a full set up anyway. Those postal depots where I live keep parcels overnight in the freezing cold. The seller didn't believe me at first, but I just happened to shoot an unboxing video of it & sent him the link. It clearly showed major string buzz all over.  

Last year I had a Ric delivered from Ireland, and the guitar was virtually frozen. That fared a little better.

Well shipping to the UK from NY possibly has a few variables that mine didn't have. So basically I bought both my 339 and the Wilshire from Music Zoo because they were the first  to have them in-stock ready for sale and with free shipping. Now it seems several online sellers have them, so you have a choice who you want to buy from.   🙂

I was surprised as I went out to become familiar with the new car. Tons of buttons and stuff to play with,  almost like a cockpit of a fighter jet Haha. I never had a Infotainment system before with all these gadgets on the steering wheel and dash. Anyway, Deb was playing with it in the passenger seat and was trying to figure it out when she accidentally programed it on this Sirius station.  Heart and Soul.  Has anyone listened to that before? It's my first of hearing it. Normally I can't stand Rap & would never even listen to it but it claims it is and does not sound like rap at all. Heart & Soul sounds more like soft slow easy listening that could relax you. Something between slow Blues & Jazz.  Anyway, I really liked it and may leave it programed on there. 

• Like 1