Gibson Brands Forums

WTH did you do today?

Mr. Gibson

I put the old pickups back in the Standard, and it's a much happier guitar.

I also learned that OCD can flare up like dormant herpes (which I'd rather have than OCD). I'm going to stop scrutinizing guitars to where it borders on the insane, and play them instead.

Edited by Pinch

3 hours ago, Pinch said:

I put the old pickups back in the Standard, and it's a much happier guitar.

I also learned that OCD can flare up like dormant herpes (which I'd rather have than OCD). I'm going to stop scrutinizing guitars to where it borders on the insane, and play them instead.

Good thinking!  That guitar is new so it'll change a bit as you break it in.  

I paid off that ES-345 today and it'll be on a UPS truck on Monday, worked all day and getting ready for a much needed power nap.

I'm waking up stupidly early (like 3AM and am wide awake).  The wife is (get this) DRIVING from PA to Seattle right now so I have the house to myself for a bit.  It's her, another woman, a poodle puppy and an SUV packed to the gills and they're headed into snow and -40 wind chills.  I think they're crazy.

Played that Pelham Blue Firebird and decided I really like that guitar, they got that neck just about perfect for me and it's much lighter and more comfortable than the Firebird VII I've been using for the past two months.  I like the color, too, it's really a change of pace.

1 hour ago, SteveFord said:

Good thinking!  That guitar is new so it'll change a bit as you break it in.  

I paid off that ES-345 today and it'll be on a UPS truck on Monday, worked all day and getting ready for a much needed power nap.

I'm waking up stupidly early (like 3AM and am wide awake).  The wife is (get this) DRIVING from PA to Seattle right now so I have the house to myself for a bit.  It's her, another woman, a poodle puppy and an SUV packed to the gills and they're headed into snow and -40 wind chills.  I think they're crazy.

Played that Pelham Blue Firebird and decided I really like that guitar, they got that neck just about perfect for me and it's much lighter and more comfortable than the Firebird VII I've been using for the past two months.  I like the color, too, it's really a change of pace.

Thanks man. Yeah, I went off the deep end a bit.

I also just installed a poker chip on my 2017 Tribute. It didn't look right without one!

9 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Seriously though, global climate change isn't real because I was cold today.  Also great news -  world hunger is over because I just had dinner! 

Covid isn't real cause I haven't been diagnosed with it yet. Just stop testing and the numbers will go down.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

Worked, shoveled snow, started cleaning the house and now Stupor Bowl.

The Chiefs better get the lead out and play like they're supposed to.

Yeah lets give Brady another Ring.

I just want to win my SB pool at work.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

On 2/6/2021 at 8:21 PM, ghost_of_fl said:

This isn't science, it is data: 

660px-20200324_Global_average_temperatur

"The instrumental temperature record provides the temperature of Earth's climate system from the historical network of in situ measurements of surface air temperatures and ocean surface temperatures.  Data are collected at thousands of meteorological stations, buoys and ships around the globe". 

So to believe the above table is a "conspiracy" is to say that thousands of meteorological stations, buoys and ships around the globe (or the people operating those meteorological stations, buoys and ships) conspired  to deceive you.  

Same ships at sea since 1850 in the same location ?  Used GPS back then to maintain station? 

Given the lack of any credible response on the part of US or International Scientists regarding Corona - I am not even going to humor you by suggesting reasons why consistent, accurate to within a half degree temperature measurements dating back to 1850  should serve as a basis for things like "The Green New Deal".  

• Confused 3

What's with all the hostility? Can't you be a card-carrying liberal without constantly putting people down with your perceived moral superiority?

I'm seriously interested. Because it's a pattern that I see all... the... freaking... time. Not everyone, but a considerable quotient.

Edited by Pinch
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

41 minutes ago, Pinch said:

What's with all the hostility? Can't you be a card-carrying liberal without constantly putting people down with your perceived moral superiority?

I'm seriously interested. Because it's a pattern that I see all... the... freaking... time. Not everyone, but a considerable quotient.

I just like Zappa's music. I have no card for that. I work at NASA we already went up and proved the Earth is a round ball.

This forum make me laugh, This is why I don't go to others. I get all the entertainment I need on this one.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1