Gibson Brands Forums

WTH did you do today?

Mr. Gibson

2 hours ago, SteveFord said:

Today I rediscovered which boa constrictor it is you have to wear a leather glove for when it's feeding time!

Eyesight may not be very good but the heat sensing pits work perfectly...

Ouch.

Finished testing at 8pm. Get to stay and babysit heaters till 5am. The morning shift is warming the tunnel when they come in and I'm gonna have kind of a 3 day weekend. At 5 am I got my 40 hours for the week. I could come in for some gravy but screw it.

Yeah we are doing it again next week.

Still coughing a little so I'm sitting at my art table with Sundance at my feet. Debbie is making him a rain coat so he won't get wet going outside to potty.  Yesterday, it rained all day & he refuses to go out due to getting wet. Lol. So she is coming in the room getting him to model it to see where she needs to sew. He is cooperating pretty good but I think he's getting tired of getting up and down for her so finally left the room for the downstairs. Yeah, This dog is so spoiled rotten, the only way he will go out in the rain is if you go out with him and hold a gigantic umbrella over him and follow him around till he finds the perfect spot to potty, Haha. So he's getting a rain coat. How many dogs get a rain coat? 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Retired said:

You live in an absolutely  gorgeous place. What Island is this? Deb & I were on Oahu in 79 for our Honeymoon. I'd love to go back, Any Island in particular we should visit? 

I think that is the Big One. I was stationed on Oahu and have been to the Big Island and Maui. Maui and Oahu are not to different, but the Big Island is different and has an active volcano.

Had to go get some blood drawn due the meds I'm on. Maybe I should just have Steve's Boa bite me. I hate needles.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

They don't exactly thrill me either.  But too,  since I'm on a blood thinner I go in every four or five weeks to get my blood monitored.   You know,  make sure it won't clot too quick.  Calls for them to prick my finger, much like diabetics do for glucose testing, and putting my blood on a test strip placed in a meter that looks pretty much like a glucose meter.  Anyway....

After nearly seven years of this I'm STILL not accustomed to that finger sticking thing.   And my wife went through that three times a day.  for years.  

My wife used to kid me about my once a month blood monitor.  Like,  I'm having my "monthly" bleeding.   [biggrin]  "Make sure you have enough pads now."  [wink]

Whitefang

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Retired said:

You live in an absolutely  gorgeous place. What Island is this? Deb & I were on Oahu in 79 for our Honeymoon. I'd love to go back, Any Island in particular we should visit? 

The Island of Hawaii that I live on, locally, is called the the Big Island because it is the largest of the chain. Most of the premo resorts are on Oahu, while each of the other islands offer different styles of retreats. The big Island is the most rural and I found it to be very similar to living in a secluded mountain town in the US, with one of the main attractions being an active volcano.

Edited by mihcmac

10 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I think that is the Big One. I was stationed on Oahu and have been to the Big Island and Maui. Maui and Oahu are not to different, but the Big Island is different and has an active volcano.

Had to go get some blood drawn due the meds I'm on. Maybe I should just have Steve's Boa bite me. I hate needles.

We took a tour around the whole Island of Oahu & It really didn't take that long.  So the Big Island? Sounds good! Thanks Sgt. 

By the way, I don't fear needles of course, When I had cancer, I was a pin cushion Lol. I'd rater get a shot then a snake clamping on the arm!

7 hours ago, mihcmac said:

The Island of Hawaii that I live on, locally, is called the the Big Island because it is the largest of the chain. Most of the premo resorts are on Oahu, while each of the other islands offer different styles of retreats. The big Island is the most rural and I found it to be very similar to living in a secluded mountain town in the US, with one of the main attractions being an active volcano.

Thanks for responding, We might have to go there next.  We loved Oahu and Paradise Hawaiian Style, Hawaii 5-0 & Gilligan's Island were filmed there.  The Polynesian Cultural Center was great to visit.  So it would be great to see more of another Island. 

9 hours ago, Retired said:

Thanks for responding, We might have to go there next.  We loved Oahu and Paradise Hawaiian Style, Hawaii 5-0 & Gilligan's Island were filmed there.  The Polynesian Cultural Center was great to visit.  So it would be great to see more of another Island. 

Hawaii for me was fun and I was there for 18 months. Going there on vacation for a week is different than living there. There are benefits to and struggles with island life. Many things have to be imported there and it is not cheap to live there.

8 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Hawaii for me was fun and I was there for 18 months. Going there on vacation for a week is different than living there. There are benefits to and struggles with island life. Many things have to be imported there and it is not cheap to live there.

I hear that! When Deb & I were there, a Big Mac meal here was like a buck & there it was $5.00 so prices there were noticed right off. We still had fun but then it was our Honeymoon too. There was a gal on a beach with no top on tanning and Deb hit me to get my attention and told me to look at that gal over there. Haha, I was shocked she did that to me. The day after our wedding? Yeah, It was a lovely site though! Our last day there we tried surfing and were both burnt to a crisp doing that.  We won't be doing that at our age.  Yeah, It would be boring after awhile living there since your confined on an Island. 

32 minutes ago, Mr. Natural said:

I had a few Guinness today myself.  Happy St. Patrick's Day.

Nice. I am going to make Corned Beef and Cabbage next week when I see my wife. That is her favorite. I'm gonna drink some Guinness or Murphy's Irish Stout when I make it. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Retired said:

I hear that! When Deb & I were there, a Big Mac meal here was like a buck & there it was $5.00 so prices there were noticed right off. We still had fun but then it was our Honeymoon too. There was a gal on a beach with no top on tanning and Deb hit me to get my attention and told me to look at that gal over there. Haha, I was shocked she did that to me. The day after our wedding? Yeah, It was a lovely site though! Our last day there we tried surfing and were both burnt to a crisp doing that.  We won't be doing that at our age.  Yeah, It would be boring after awhile living there since your confined on an Island. 

Was being courted to fly over to interview for a position on The Big Island.  Pay was going to be comparable to avg. US pay for the position.  The was when the internet was just starting up. It was unscientifically proven  that the best gauge of how the Cost of Living varied location to location was the price of a Big Mac.  I found what you did.  Told the CFO I couldn't afford the pay cut.  His response "But you'll get to live in a vacation paradise."    I figured I didn't want to work for someone whose thought processes were so flawed, even if the pay were fair.

Hope you get to go.   I've heard Kaua'i  (The Garden Isle - population 65,000) truly is a paradise.