Jump to content
Gibson Brands Forums

WTH did you do today?


Mr. Gibson
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Mr. Gibson said:

Nothing yet, just sitting around waiting to be a millionaire.

Haha, my wife's aunt is doing the exact same thing.  She's 83 now and will be 84 in December and still poor and waiting.   So don't hold your breath? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, DanvillRob said:

I'm starting on my second $Million....I gave up on my first!).

When I retired and looked up all I made over my career, I made well over a million.  The goverment and state must have kept most of it because I never saw that much? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I went in to the wood shop today to see if they had anything for my next build..  Found this amazing piece of spalted London Plane which I am going to use as a drop top.

VbHMCQ3.jpg

There was much to choose from 🙂

7nJ5fLn.jpg

 

More importantly, today we had my first big family dinner in about 18 months with my sister who lives up in Manchester.. Was really nice to have a meal with my family again after all this time.. Makes you appreciate the simple things in life huh.

Edited by Rabs
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, mihcmac said:

Moving is hell....

LITllPc.jpg

Hell, indeed.  Myself? - I'd rather get kicked in the groin than move again. 

And that IS a nice new corner!

And, WTH did I do today?  It's only 6:34 am.  Just breakfast for me, so far.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Still too early here too to report on what I did today...  but YESTERDAY,  we went to SeaWorld.   It's been 5 or 6 years since we'd been back.  Lots of changes.  Sort of a reminder that things change constantly.  They use to have a trained dog show (I know, you're asking "At a marine aquarium type venue?")  which we loved as did our grandkids.  That's gone.  Feeding the dolphins, discontinued because the great unwashed public was smacking them when they ran out of fish.  Underscores the fact you should enjoy today because once it's over - it truly is over.   And we enjoyed the day immensely - it was great. Went with our son, daughter in-law and 9 year old granddaughter.  SeaWorld was giving veterans free tickets in honor of Memorial Day, so it was crowded. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/30/2021 at 1:34 AM, Mr. Natural said:

Hell, indeed.  Myself? - I'd rather get kicked in the groin than move again. 

And that IS a nice new corner!

And, WTH did I do today?  It's only 6:34 am.  Just breakfast for me, so far.

My girlfriend coordinated all aspects of the move, our house is wall to wall stuff everywhere, except my guitar corner which is being refined as I go.

We bought a new washer and dryer this morning, while I was having coffee and waking up, haven't seen them yet, except online at Home Depot .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Started getting serious about putting together a small, fairly inexpensive system for watching the idiot box and background music.

The speakers were ordered mid-Feburary so it shouldn't be too much longer:

https://www.magnepan.com/model_lrs

and then tonight I purchased an older AVA preamp which I'm buying from  a buddy (he added the remote control section)

QX60Jw6.jpg

Edited by SteveFord
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We got back from SD yesterday late and the grass was about 7" high. So I got the riding mower out and cut it down to 3" in front and 3 1/2" in the back.  Got it done and I was out of gas so off to fill all my gas containers.  Then I cleaned the Ascent inside and out. The grandkids were messy in their booster sets, and Debbie wanted them back in her car.  Sundance is very happy to be back home. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I spent five straight hours in the chair of the local endodontist this morning.

endodontist
/ˌendōˈdän(t)əst/
noun    DENTISTRY
a dentist who practices or specializes in sadistic torture of the most deviant kind
"for root canal treatment, or extreme pain of any sort,  you will have to consult an endodontist"

I had two root-canals this morning, and I now have more stitches in my mouth than Rick Nielsen has guitars. 

And to top it all off, Dr. Josef Mengele soaked my insurance company for several thousand dollars. 
I personally paid $4,000 out of pocket on my way out the door. 

I got into the wrong business, I tell you. 

😞



A7XeCAiq9obD-pqDtqh8FtR7IZvcG-mtnl_Tv-zK

Edited by sparquelito
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, sparquelito said:

I spent five straight hours in the chair of the local endodontist this morning.

endodontist
/ˌendōˈdän(t)əst/
noun    DENTISTRY
a dentist who practices or specializes in sadistic torture of the most deviant kind
"for root canal treatment, or extreme pain of any sort,  you will have to consult an endodontist"

I had two root-canals this morning, and I now have more stitches in my mouth than Rick Nielsen has guitars. 

And to top it all off, Dr. Joseph Mengele soaked my insurance company for several thousand dollars. 
I personally paid $4,000 out of pocket on my way out the door. 

I got into the wrong business, I tell you. 

😞



A7XeCAiq9obD-pqDtqh8FtR7IZvcG-mtnl_Tv-zK

Get better.  Those crowns can be expensive.    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/29/2021 at 4:03 PM, Rabs said:

I went in to the wood shop today to see if they had anything for my next build..  Found this amazing piece of spalted London Plane which I am going to use as a drop top.

VbHMCQ3.jpg

There was much to choose from 🙂

7nJ5fLn.jpg

 

More importantly, today we had my first big family dinner in about 18 months with my sister who lives up in Manchester.. Was really nice to have a meal with my family again after all this time.. Makes you appreciate the simple things in life huh.

I like that top wood Rab's. That will look beautiful for the top with a clear coat!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It hit a high of 93 and very humid. So I went out early and trimmed the weeds and grass where the mower couldn't reach. Then I did all the hedges front to back, Filled up the Ascent and cleaned Debbie's Outback.  Nap time after all that Lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Retired said:

I like that top wood Rab's. That will look beautiful for the top with a clear coat!

Yes it will. Without doubt  🙂  I am just waiting on some body wood, hopefully in the next couple of weeks..  The whole guitar will be London Plane.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Rabs said:

Yes it will. Without doubt  🙂  I am just waiting on some body wood, hopefully in the next couple of weeks..  The whole guitar will be London Plane.

I can hardly wait to see it! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It was a rainy day. 
Continued on today with the process of expanding my garden into raised garden bed crates. 

In the 'potato grow bags' are radishes, potatoes, and carrots. 
In the back left crate are watermelons, cantaloupes, and a single eggplant plant. 

I have some Vidalia onions germinating in water glasses right now. They'll go into the grow bags next Saturday. 
😀

 

(Sorry for the blurry photo.  It's misty and moist out right now.)

QDJ5sHX.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...