Gibson Brands Forums

WTH did you do today?

Mr. Gibson

2 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

No, you mis-read it:   HIS wife and daughter.     

Huh?  Sorry.  Now I have to assume you meant his wife and STEP-daughter(?)  Might not be a case of me "misreading", but your "miswriting!"  [wink]  I mean, if it's YOUR son you're talking about, and if it was HIS wife and daughter, then wouldn't that daughter be your GRANDDAUGHTER?  Unless the girl is the issue from your daughter-in-law's previous marriage or relationship.  And so then, WHOM is doing the "misreading"?  [wink]

Whitefang

24 years ago I moved and lost contact with a few friends.  One of these was a drummer with whom I'd played in a band and made a good musical connection.  I've been thinking about him recently.

This evening I looked in the phone book and there's one person of that name who has an address in the town he used to live in, so I dialled......and yes it's him , to cut a story short.  We had a good conversation and agreed to meet up next weekend. He stopped playing though which is a pity as he was bloody good, one of the best I'd played with at the time, with a particular 'conversational' snare style that pushed the music along.   Looking forward to catching up.  Put me in a good mood. [thumbup]

Otherwise - my Arcam stereo amp has finally quit.  Whatever the intermittent fault was, the amp is now refusing to power up or cutting out a second after.

And.......they are rioting....in BELGIUM!  Yes that's right.  ffs.

Northern hemisphere humanity loses planetary plot BIG TIME.

☣️😷

Edited by jdgm
  • Like 1

I cooked pizza myself. I'm trying to eat up my anxiety, because I have to pass my essay soon, but I haven't finished it yet. So today I was searching for useful info for it. I found some examples on https://writinguniverse.com/free-essay-examples/leadership/, but I'm not sure if it's legal to grab some statement from there... So I'm still worried, the deadline is close, but I'd better play my guitar instead.

3 hours ago, har_vie said:

I cooked pizza myself. I'm trying to eat up my anxiety, because I have to pass my essay soon, but I haven't finished it yet. So today I was searching for useful info for it. I found some examples on https://writinguniverse.com/free-essay-examples/leadership/, but I'm not sure if it's legal to grab some statement from there... So I'm still worried, the deadline is close, but I'd better play my guitar instead.

Your secret is safe with us !  

Today I did a science experiment: turkey makes humans sleepy so what about monitor lizards?

After stuffing a Dumeril's monitor (Varanus Dumerlii) with a plate full of cooked turkey it wound up falling asleep under the water.  They can close off their nostrils and slow their metabolisms so it's perfectly safe for them.

There's your answer: YEP!  Turkey knocks lizards right out, too.  Don't even have to put on a Bears/Lions game.

• Haha 1

On 11/22/2021 at 12:48 PM, mihcmac said:

I'm so glad engines are so simple these days..

s9J76t4.jpg

Ain’t that the truth.  I remember back when I was a teenager in the 70’s and worked on my own vehicles.  It seemed like a lot of issues could be fixed with a screwdriver and a timing light.    I had a ‘66 Chevy Impala convertible with a small-block 327 that I rebuilt and souped up the entire drive train.   Even so, there was plenty of room under the hood and I could actually see the ground under the engine with ease., with plenty of room to access all areas of the engine.  High tech?  I was the first kid on my block with an after-market electronic ignition system, an electric fuel pump and like many others, an after-market high end stereo system to replace the stock AM radio.   Now it feels like you need a Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering to check the oil.

• Like 1

I realized I probably have 0.014" / 0.37 mm relief (or about) on my Les Paul, because I like a bit of a fight when playing and because I've set up most guitars like that in my life, rather than at 0.010". I'm assuming that's okay. 

Whatever did we do before Google. 

On 11/8/2021 at 3:26 PM, mihcmac said:

I had a spare Les Trem II laying around so had to try one on my Wilshire, now I sort of have twins.

5pAZC8q.jpg

Its working great, the Medium C neck is very stable... 🙂

Both Redheads, I love redheads! Debbie is a redhead & I have two redhead electrics.  I named one: "Little Red Riding Hood." LOL  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/26/2021 at 5:27 PM, SteveFord said:

Today I did a science experiment: turkey makes humans sleepy so what about monitor lizards?

After stuffing a Dumeril's monitor (Varanus Dumerlii) with a plate full of cooked turkey it wound up falling asleep under the water.  They can close off their nostrils and slow their metabolisms so it's perfectly safe for them.

There's your answer: YEP!  Turkey knocks lizards right out, too.  Don't even have to put on a Bears/Lions game.

I wonder why that is.? I love Turkey, and usually nap afterwards. 

On 11/26/2021 at 6:27 PM, SteveFord said:

Heh!  That game alone was enough to put anything to sleep.  [wink]

It's said the tryptophan in turkey, along with the uncommon stuffing of themselves is what helps make people drowsy and take naps after Thanksgiving day meals.  But in my family, it was that combined with the amount of BEER consumed is usually what did it. 

Whitefang