Gibson Brands Forums

ES-355 Questions

VillainChris

Hello All,

I'm new to ES ownership, just recently purchasing a used 2009 ES-355 with a Bigsby, to compliment my '11 ES-355 dot reissue.

I'm a curious person, and I'm not finding a whole lot of information on ES-355s on the Internets 🙂 so I wanted to ask all you experts a few questions.

I've seen mostly 2009-11, 2015-2017 and they seem to be even more scarce from 80s-90s.

Since Gibson doesn't list a ES-355 as part of this year's collections, how often does Gibson actually manufacture these models?

Oh, and attached is the gratuitous picture of my ES guitars, because pictures are always fun!

es-335-es-355-001 - Copy.JPG

• Like 2

Very nice! I have the same Sunburst & like it a lot.. Missed out on one of those Black 355's with Bigsby.. Beautifull! 

Gibson Websites historically have been inaccurate as far as what is currently available. That's nothing new. They had 355's at NAMM last year.... The should be available even though they're not on the current website...

On 2/12/2020 at 2:52 AM, IanHenry said:

For all things ES335/345 & 355, this chap knows his stuff:

http://www.es-335.org/

Thanks, I'll check this out!

On 2/12/2020 at 10:20 PM, Larsongs said:

Very nice! I have the same Sunburst & like it a lot.. Missed out on one of those Black 355's with Bigsby.. Beautifull! 

Gibson Websites historically have been inaccurate as far as what is currently available. That's nothing new. They had 355's at NAMM last year.... The should be available even though they're not on the current website...

I asked my local "dealer", and he claimed with was a "custom shop order". 

23 hours ago, Larsongs said:

I'm not seeing any 355's available new on any of the Online Dealers either.. 

There should be some excellent lightly Used 355's available. Try Reverb.com or GBase.com....

There are a few, i had no idea the were that rare. It seems like "Lucille" is still very popular!

5 hours ago, Wmachine said:

They have made many slightly different versions over the years since it first came out.

That's what I've found in my research as well. I really wanted the Bigsby, and it took a while find the right one (that isn't coming from a dealer in Japan).