Gibson Brands Forums

Maestro Gibson Bridge Problem. HELP!

Cosmikette

I need to know if there is anyway to elevate the bridge on my Maestro Gibson. I've noticed that e string is lower than the rest of the strings. Also, when I press on the twelfth fret and on, I noticed that the string gets muted by the other frets. I want to know if there is any tool or something that I need to buy, or if it's even possible at all.

I need to know if there is anyway to elevate the bridge on my Maestro Gibson. I've noticed that e string is lower than the rest of the strings. Also' date=' when I press on the twelfth fret and on, I noticed that the string gets muted by the other frets. I want to know if there is any tool or something that I need to buy, or if it's even possible at all. [/quote']

this happened to me awhile back. and its not the bridge, its the truss rod. if you dont know which way to adjust it, take it in to your local music store, theyll usually do it for free. there are minor adjustments you can make to the bridge, but thats onky a temporary fix.

this happened to me awhile back. and its not the bridge' date=' its the truss rod. if you dont know which way to adjust it, take it in to your local music store, theyll usually do it for free. there are minor adjustments you can make to the bridge, but thats onky a temporary fix.[/quote']

Thanks a lot. !3

Archived