Gibson Brands Forums

blindboygrunt

E-minor7

Wonder where this good member went. Apparently made a pretty sudden disappearance-stunt out of these pages, , , , here today like for years, , , and gone the other. 

Might have been right and better to send a PM, but chose to wonder in public. 

Calling bbg - are you still behind the dear 45, , , and under your cap. . .???. I owe you a red beer !!!

I consider a handful of people on this forum - you and Grunt included - cyber-brothers.

He is around - I see him on facebook, and in fact insulted his nationality just today. Maybe he forgot the password, or maybe he just got busy. It seems he is much more involved in live music personally - which is frankly a good thing.

BBG come out come out wherever you are

11 hours ago, Salfromchatham said:

I consider a handful of people on this forum - you and Grunt included - cyber-brothers.

I'm the same way.

Seems we used to horse around more, which made it busier. There's less banter these days, but everybody has stuff to do so I guess that's normal.

Matt's dad picked him up from school one afternoon. Knowing the parts for the school play were supposed to be posted today, he asked his son if he got a part.

Matt enthusiastically announced that he'd gotten a part. "I play a man who's been married for twenty years."
"That's great, son. Keep up the good work and before you know it they'll be giving you a speaking part."

And this is not a joke. But it's awesome.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/5-reasons-this-girl-scout-who-sold-cookies-outside-of-a-marijuana-shop-is-a-marketing-genius-2018-02-06-12881824

Edited by Salfromchatham

20 minutes ago, blindboygrunt said:

Did someone say beer?

It seems I know everything there is to know , and no one listens to my advice anyway 🤣

Never mind the sage advice, but yer edgy commentary’s what’s been missing.

Oh, and yer freakin’ music!

10 hours ago, blindboygrunt said:

, , , and no one listens to my advice anyway

Exactly 25 years ago I attended a small party where we while sitting on the floor had to draw one of these

HlZ1fNj.jpg

My card said : ACCEPT ADVICE

Will follow it if you choose to speak. Timing is everything - and now might be the time. 

Edited by E-minor7

17 hours ago, E-minor7 said:

Exactly 25 years ago I attended a small party where we while sitting on the floor had to draw one of these

HlZ1fNj.jpg

My card said : ACCEPT ADVICE

Will follow it if you choose to speak. Timing is everything - and now might be the time. 

In a Richard Linklater movie called Slacker, a girl in the movie reads and hands out Oblique Strategie Cards.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=oblique+stragagie+cards+slacker+movie&docid=607998722416969886&mid=81D0DB29A4FD2EA6270781D0DB29A4FD2EA62707&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

11 hours ago, blindboygrunt said:

Em , I've followed the advice of all three of those cards at one time or another , it never ended well 🥴🤣

Hmmm, , , an idea may be to make your own deck of wisdom now, bbg. Well, , ,  perhaps that's what keep you busy elsewhere already. 

9 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

In a Richard Linklater movie called Slacker, a girl in the movie reads and hands out Oblique Strategie Cards.

Hilarious clip, Sergeant. 

Think it's right to state that these cards were made in 1975 by Brian Eno and an artist called Peter Schmidt. Originally meant to bring you further in the creative process if stranded. 

Give way to your worst impulse = Introduce bagpipes in this funk-tune

Be Dirty = Press the distortion pedal and fire up the violin

Listen to the quiet voice = Pay attention to the adjustable rosewood saddled Southern Jumbo in the mix