Gibson Brands Forums

More Shows

Sgt. Pepper

Got tix on Friday to see Jason Isbell in June in Williamsburg, VA outside (for the first time) at The De Witt Museum. This is gonna be about time 8 or 9 for me for Jason. And in April I am seeing Tommy Emmanuel in Virginia Beach, and also in April I am going to meet up in Knoxville, TN with my best friend who I was stationed in the Coast Guard with to see King's X. I know drinking whiskey and acting the fool is on the agenda as well. Were gonna Uber it everywhere in the evening so we don't end up in jail.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

6 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Got tix on Friday to see Jason Isbell in Williamsburg, VA outside (for the first time) at The De Witt Museum. This is gonna be about time 8 or 9 for me for Jason. And in April I am seeing Tommy Emmanuel in Virginia Beach, and also in April I am going to meet up in Knoxville, TN with my best friend who I was stationed in the Coast Guard with to see King's X. I know drinking whiskey and acting the fool is on the agenda as well. Were gonna Uber it everywhere in the evening so we don't end up in jail.

Sounds like a great time...enjoy it.

Oh Man.  Kings X.  Ty is just one of the greats.  If they do Goldilox please bawl like a baby for me.  That's one song I'd play 5 gigs to get to the 6th and do that one once.  I'll Never Grow Tired Of You also.  What a bunch them guys are, them first three records were just earth shaking.  Doug not singin as well as he once did, but he's at least 10 years older than me.

rct

1 hour ago, rct said:

Oh Man.  Kings X.  Ty is just one of the greats.  If they do Goldilox please bawl like a baby for me.  That's one song I'd play 5 gigs to get to the 6th and do that one once.  I'll Never Grow Tired Of You also.  What a bunch them guys are, them first three records were just earth shaking.  Doug not singin as well as he once did, but he's at least 10 years older than me.

rct

I rocked Gretchen Goes To Nebraska last week on the way to work. Gonna listen to Dogman this week. 

11 minutes ago, rct said:

The problem with Goldilox is that Ty starts it and they let the audience sing it, so it usually devolves from there.  I hope they do it all the way through themselves.

rct

That is what it says on the setlists I've seen (audience sings). I am a sh!tty singer so I usually leave it to the pros to take care of. Oh well its gonna be a killer night. I'm gonna take a toke or 5 and be drinking as Chris Stapleton sings Tennessee Whiskey.