Gibson Brands Forums

Steinegger's Everly Guitars

Guth

The recent thread about Don Everly's Everly reminded me that one of my Uncle's coin-collecting buddies was also a luthier. I understood that there was some sort of a tie-in with the Everly Brothers but I didn't realize how serious it was or how highly regarded his guitars are. His name is Robert Steinegger and I was able to dig up some pretty interesting info about him out on the web.

Apparently both Paul and George each owned Everly models made by Mr. Steinegger. Paul is playing his in this photo. It seems that there was some confusion regarding the Gibson that George was playing at the time...

I'm not much of a "facebooker" so if the plug-in above isn't working Mr. Steinegger's facebook page can be found here.

Finally, this web page contains links to a number of articles about Mr. Steinegger, his guitars and the Everly Brothers. As this is the Gibson forum, if you work your way through all the links contained on that page you'll find quite a bit of Gibson goodness.

Good Stuff!

Edited by Guth
added link