Gibson Brands Forums

If anyone fancies a listen...I have a new album out!

Jinder

Hi all,

I'm not the best at this self promotion lark, but last Friday I released a new album, titled 'The Silver Age'. It is stuffed with Gibsons, primarily my Hummingbird 12 string, Maple AJ and SJ200, but plenty more besides. 

If anyone would like to listen, it's out there on all the usual digital platforms. 

CDs are only available direct as I have chosen not to use Amazon this time around, the way they treat their packing plant employees doesn't jive well with me, so I'm the packing plant! 

I'm not here to sell stuff though...plenty of places to listen for free online. I'd LOVE to know your thoughts on the album if you have a chance to listen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

it's in my headphones while I'm working as I type.  I am digging this immensely.   Good job Jinder..

Btw.. I remember listening to I Still Believe from when you posted it a few months back.  and there it is!

Edited by kidblast
  • Like 1

Thanks, all! 

Kidblast, Piano Fire was the last thing I wrote for the record...that and I Still Believe snuck under the closing cave door like Indiana Jones' hat! I'm glad you like it. Pete Millson, who produced the record, and I had a lot of fun building the layers on Piano Fire, stacking up the electric guitar parts took a huge amount of time but was very rewarding. Dropping in three notes of harmonics over and over to make sure they were just ahead of the beat and pulled slightly, all that kind of stuff...super nerdy screwdrivering!

6 hours ago, Lars68 said:

Jinder, I'm a big fan of physical copies and would love to own the CD. How do I pay you, PayPal?

Lars

Hi Lars, the CD is £10, which includes postage to anywhere in the world. If you can wing over the funds to www.paypal.me/thesilverage I'll get yours in the post asap...don't forget to include your address! I only say that as I've spent the last few days chasing up a lot of people who didn't 🤯🤣

3 hours ago, Jinder said:

Thanks, all! 

Kidblast, Piano Fire was the last thing I wrote for the record...that and I Still Believe snuck under the closing cave door like Indiana Jones' hat! I'm glad you like it. Pete Millson, who produced the record, and I had a lot of fun building the layers on Piano Fire, stacking up the electric guitar parts took a huge amount of time but was very rewarding. Dropping in three notes of harmonics over and over to make sure they were just ahead of the beat and pulled slightly, all that kind of stuff...super nerdy screwdrivering!

Jinder, thanks for the back story, which I love hearing about.   And that super nerdy screw driver stuff?  I've been in an originals band for 20 years, that's exactly the stuff that keeps it interesting for all of is.

Oh, I also remember hearing Overthinkers Anonn before too,  some time ago now that we're on the subject.

I love this album, ... you killed it.

• Thanks 1

I got over my technical difficulties and just enjoyed my way through the album.  Will be given her quite a few spins in the near future, but my favs are 'itinerants hymn' 'piano fire' and 'overthinkers anonymous'.

Truly Jinder - good job!  When you play out, do you ever play with a band?

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Greetings Jinder!

"The Silver Age" managed to reach me today. Thus far I've only had the chance to play this recording  serving as an accompaniment to the other activities of my day. I'll set aside some time later on dedicated to giving your work the attentive, focused listening that it deserves.  However my first impression is a positive one — consider me impressed.

If I might offer one criticism it would be this: The white type looks beautiful set against the blue appearing on the inside of the CD folder. However, placed against the light grey (silver?) that appears on the backside of the cover as well on/in the bi-fold insert the matter of contrast (or in this case, the lack of it) becomes an issue. You were kind enough to provide us with your lyrics in the bi-fold and it's a shame that they are so hard to read because of this.

On the bright side, and this is obviously much more important, the quality of the recording sounds wonderful and I can clearly make out your lyrics simply by listening - what a novel concept, lol! Kudos to any and all who were involved in the recording process. With that in mind, should you find the time I would be interested to learn more about the recording process itself and the tools/methods used. Not that I would likely understand it all, but as someone who uses nothing more than a small field recorder to capture my tunes, I would no doubt find those sort of details incredibly interesting.

Please know that my criticism above is presented purely in the constructive sense. Also know that I am glad this recording has made it's way from your life to mine.

All the best,
Guth