Gibson Brands Forums

No more CDs for me...

Tim Plains

Got my new car today. It's just a 2009 white 4-door Civic.

I would post pictures but you can probably see a Civic if you look out your front window. lol

The greatest feature (I think) is the USB port. That's right, goodbye CDs and hello 8GB jump drive.

Gentlemen, I've finally entered the 20th century...

I stopped caring about CDs too when I "upgraded" to a 2009 model and found out it came with a USB interface (same brand, same model, year 2009, previous was a 2003 Nissan X-trail) best thing they could have installed in any car... now I got a usb pen-drive with 8Gb of music in there and dont care about CDs getting lost or scratched.

Uh Tim' date=' you do know that we are in the 21st century now? Catch up...[/quote']
You are about 5 years behind everybody else

Honda must be behind everyone else then. I bought a 2008 Accord last year and it doesn't have a USB port (though I really wish it did...). I have to settle for plugging my Zune and satellite radio into an auxiliary input.

Congrats on the new car!!

What format are you putting the music on the flash drive in? For me, MP3s just don't cut it. I can't stand the compression and trashy top end. .wav is my preferred format, although the files are so damn huge it's ridiculous. Apple Lossless is reasonable, too.

I am being dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century. I was really hoping to avoid it but, if I want to continue hearing music I guess I will have to join!!

Now instead of telling my daughter how to make various things on the computer do what she wants and needs it to do, the shoe will be on the other foot. I guess it had to happen some time.

I stopped caring about CDs too when I "upgraded" to a 2009 model and found out it came with a USB interface (same brand' date=' same model, year 2009, previous was a 2003 Nissan X-trail) best thing they could have installed in any car... now I got a usb pen-drive with 8Gb of music in there and dont care about CDs getting lost or scratched.[/quote']

I stopped caring about CD's when i got my iPod.

Congrats on the new car!!

What format are you putting the music on the flash drive in? For me' date=' MP3s just don't cut it. I can't stand the compression and trashy top end. .wav is my preferred format, although the files are so damn huge it's ridiculous. Apple Lossless is reasonable, too.[/quote']

MP3. I just bought an iMac and I'm loading every CD onto it as we speak. I didn't change the quality setting on my old PC; so, this time around I upped the quality to 320 kbps. I think that'll boost the sound quality. Each song is around 10 MB.

Archived