Jump to content
Gibson Brands Forums
Realmongo

Jumped Onboard with the Les Paul Tribute DC

Recommended Posts

I was walking around Guitar Center on Friday and just couldn't resist getting a dark blue one for the price!

 

IMG_1085[655] 7.JPG

Edited by Realmongo
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice! Congratulations!

Hard to tell it's blue.  Looks dark gray in pic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, brad1 said:

Very nice! Congratulations!

Hard to tell it's blue.  Looks dark gray in pic. 

You're right, this one looks almost black, but the back of the neck is much lighter.

I wanted a chance to play around with the P90 Pups.

Plus it's much lighter than my LP Standard.

 

 

Edited by Realmongo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice.

Was in GC today and saw that they came down to $599 here. Definitely a good buy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just pulled the trigger on a blue stain JR. I bought it from Guitar Center online. I would have liked to see it first, but they are selling out fast!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I made the same deal!!

Just posted as continuation of another about Custom shop DC guitar:

Congrats, excellent guitar!!

BR

Andy

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I didn't already have a Gibson LP Special with P90's I'd get one.

Mahogany Body, Maple Neck & Rosewood Fretboard, $599.00 for a USA Gibson  LP with P90 is a Sweet Deal! That rarely happens... If you don't have a Gibson USA LP with P90's you all should seriously think about grabbing one. 

Edited by Larsongs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Larsongs said:

If I didn't already have a Gibson LP Special with P90's I'd get one.

Mahogany Body, Maple Neck & Rosewood Fretboard, $599.00 for a USA Gibson  LP with P90 is a Sweet Deal! That rarely happens... If you don't have a Gibson USA LP with P90's you all should seriously think about grabbing one. 

That was my thought exactly!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I played one in the Myrtle Beach, GC. They are at a great price for an American made guitar. 

Congrats.

It's nice to see Gibson just don't have guitars at nothing but $2k+. And 'Merican.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I played one in the Myrtle Beach, GC. They are at a great price for an American made guitar. 

Congrats.

It's nice to see Gibson just don't have guitars at nothing but $2k+. And 'Merican.

I was just at that GC yesterday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, labomba said:

I was just at that GC yesterday

Cool. Me and my wife have a house we inherited (which is paid off) in Little River and when we sell the house in VA we are moving down there permanently.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Cool. Me and my wife have a house we inherited (which is paid off) in Little River and when we sell the house in VA we are moving down there permanently.

That’s wild. We moved here from Northern Virginia. Wife retired we sold the house and bought outright with the money we made off that house. We live south strand closer to Surfside. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I know the area a little, our subdivision is by the Post Office and Church on 17.

I think you’ll like it here. Much cheaper to live cause of all the tourist money (which will be starting in a couple weeks). We right off 17 bypass maybe 20/25 minutes from little river. There’s a gambling boat that goes out of there that the wife has been hounding me to go on. I can think of much better ways to waste money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, labomba said:

I think you’ll like it here. Much cheaper to live cause of all the tourist money (which will be starting in a couple weeks). We right off 17 bypass maybe 20/25 minutes from little river. There’s a gambling boat that goes out of there that the wife has been hounding me to go on. I can think of much better ways to waste money. 

My wife goes down more than me as I still work in Hampton, VA. I usually don't go down unless its a 3 day weekend. Its a 5 hour drive from the house in Newport Newst to LR. We go to Crab Catchers, International Cafe, Moto's (those are the main spots my wife likes, among  a few select others). My wife's father was best friends with the owner of International on Main Street. So we go every time we are down there. I wish more bands would come to House Of Blues, but it is an older folks place and a golf mecca. I'm 53 and my wife is 51. My wife knows the area well, as her Dad lived there for many years. I only started going down two years ago after he passed away and we inherited the house. The times I've been there and its tourist season gets on my nerves, but in the near future I'm gonna have to get used to it. My wife has no desire to go on the gambling boats and I did 23 years Navy and Coast Guard, so fuk ships and boats. Worked on them, lived on them, fixed em. Forget em. I like guitars.  And unless I'm in a  guitar store (I'll play an electric) I only own acoustics. No fuss. Tune, capo if needed, no amp, no worrying about what pedal to stomp on, amp setting,  or hearing "its too loud".  Next time I come down I'll PM you and we can meet up at GC.  

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

My wife goes down more than me as I still work in Hampton, VA. I usually don't go down unless its a 3 day weekend. Its a 5 hour drive from the house in Newport Newst to LR. We go to Crab Catchers, International Cafe, Moto's (those are the main spots my wife likes, among  a few select others). My wife's father was best friends with the owner of International on Main Street. So we go every time we are down there. I wish more bands would come to House Of Blues, but it is an older folks place and a golf mecca. I'm 53 and my wife is 51. My wife knows the area well, as her Dad lived there for many years. I only started going down two years ago after he passed away and we inherited the house. The times I've been there and its tourist season gets on my nerves, but in the near future I'm gonna have to get used to it. My wife has no desire to go on the gambling boats and I did 23 years Navy and Coast Guard, so fuk ships and boats. Worked on them, lived on them, fixed em. Forget em. I like guitars.  And unless I'm in a  guitar store (I'll play an electric) I only own acoustics. No fuss. Tune, capo if needed, no amp, no worrying about what pedal to stomp on, amp setting,  or hearing "its too loud".  Next time I come down I'll PM you and we can meet up at GC.  

Yeah, house of blues hasn’t had a descent act in a while. We only been down here a few years but been coming down to visit friends a couple times a year for awhile. Understandable about being on boats lol. We generally hang surfside beach, murrells inlet area, Not quite as crowded as Myrtle or north myrtle. I’m not much for crowds anymore! Yeah man, pm me, that be fun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, labomba said:

Yeah, house of blues hasn’t had a descent act in a while. We only been down here a few years but been coming down to visit friends a couple times a year for awhile. Understandable about being on boats lol. We generally hang surfside beach, murrells inlet area, Not quite as crowded as Myrtle or north myrtle. I’m not much for crowds anymore! Yeah man, pm me, that be fun

Even the crowded areas aren't crowed to me due to living in the Hampton Road Area of VA. Hate this area its a dump. I am sure whatever the next 3 day weekend is my wife and I will be headed down to LR. It still kills me all the old fogies driving around in their supped up golf carts.

I know Southside Johnny is coming but I do not think I will be down there. I think Johnny Lang came, I'm not a fan of the young blues gunslingers. They are good players, seen K W Shepard, but I would rather listen to the masters. Seen BB and Buddy Guy a few times. Last time I was down I was in a store and the sales lady (in her late 60's or early 70's) told me the night before she saw Three Dog Night at the Alabama Theater. Man I had no idea they were still around. We can thank The Rolling Stones for bands that need to give it up that just never go away.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Even the crowded areas aren't crowed to me due to living in the Hampton Road Area of VA. Hate this area its a dump. I am sure whatever the next 3 day weekend is my wife and I will be headed down to LR. It still kills me all the old fogies driving around in their supped up golf carts.

I know Southside Johnny is coming but I do not think I will be down there. I think Johnny Lang came, I'm not a fan of the young blues gunslingers. They are good players, seen K W Shepard, but I would rather listen to the masters. Seen BB and Buddy Guy a few times. Last time I was down I was in a store and the sales lady (in her late 60's or early 70's) told me the night before she saw Three Dog Night at the Alabama Theater. Man I had no idea they were still around. We can thank The Rolling Stones for bands that need to give it up that just never go away.

Haha yeah you be around some traffic no worse then the D.C. area where we came from. Yeah 3dogs were here. don't know if they were the originals or not. Oak ridge Boys and the Little River Band are going to be here too next weekend and the following weekend and I Think Crystal Gayle was here. Oh Yeah can't forget Rich Little too and the publicity photo of his looks like it's from the 70's lol. They all must be hurting for cash lol. Then there's always the Tribute Bands 🤪 and there's a bunch of them. I also heard this mourning that Phil Collins is back on the road. 

Yep the geezers and their golf carts that look like 57 Chevies and the muscle cars they be speeding around in. l call it the 2nd Childhood Syndrome . I can't talk about em too much. I'm right behind them lol. Yeah the old bluesmen is where I'm at. Saw a few in my day when a lot of em, Muddy, Freddie King, James Cotten and the like were playing all the small clubs in the tristate NYC area while where I grew up  in the mid 70's. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, labomba said:

Haha yeah you be around some traffic no worse then the D.C. area where we came from. Yeah 3dogs were here. don't know if they were the originals or not. Oak ridge Boys and the Little River Band are going to be here too next weekend and the following weekend and I Think Crystal Gayle was here. Oh Yeah can't forget Rich Little too and the publicity photo of his looks like it's from the 70's lol. They all must be hurting for cash lol. Then there's always the Tribute Bands 🤪 and there's a bunch of them. I also heard this mourning that Phil Collins is back on the road. 

Yep the geezers and their golf carts that look like 57 Chevies and the muscle cars they be speeding around in. l call it the 2nd Childhood Syndrome . I can't talk about em too much. I'm right behind them lol. Yeah the old bluesmen is where I'm at. Saw a few in my day when a lot of em, Muddy, Freddie King, James Cotten and the like were playing all the small clubs in the tristate NYC area while where I grew up  in the mid 70's. 

Yeah I heard Genesis is going to tour again. Saw them in '84 and it was bad. Light show was good. And if I'm gonna see a band it wont be a fake pretend one.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A Pair of Jr’s

The six string showed up yesterday, it played well right out of the box. The Gig Bag has to go........

Rcr0FKk.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Grog said:

A Pair of Jr’s

The six string showed up yesterday, it played well right out of the box. The Gig Bag has to go........

Rcr0FKk.jpg

I take it you like the blue stain.

The new Gibson case for mine was just dropped off by UPS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...