Gibson Brands Forums

Value of 1969 Les Paul Custom?

clamato

I've had number 893,000 for over 40 years now.  It's time to move it along as it's clear that the guitar is going to out-live me.  

Everything is original, no parts replacements or repairs have been done.  This is a late 1969 with a pancake body.  The three-piece neck has a volute but no "Made in USA" stamp.  Needless to say, it sings.

What can I sell it for and where should I advertise it?

Thanks for your time.

IMG_8033 (800x600).jpg

On 3/1/2020 at 3:49 PM, clamato said:

What can I sell it for and where should I advertise it?

I would check ebay for auction prices.  You can also look on Reverb.com and Gbase.com to look for asking prices.

You could try selling it on any of the above sites, or you could sell it in your local area on Craigslist; or, you could consign it to a local guitar shop.  There are also some guitar discussion forums that include a section for selling or trading with other members.

• 2 weeks later...

If I were selling that in UK, there are a tiny handful of auction houses that I would trust to value and agree a reserve price.  Or a couple of vintage guitar shops that i would trust to sell on consignment.  Let the experts handle all the time wasters, hagglers  and tyre kickers and just enjoy the money when it comes in.  But that's just me.  

• 2 months later...