Gibson Brands Forums

Been awhile! New gear post!

Guitar God

Ben awhile since I've posted on here! Hope everyone here is doing great!  Anyway, got a few new pieces of gear since I last posted.  I'll start off with the one I just got today. Guitar Center just opened in my area on Thursday and I went to the grand opening. I seen this brand new '19 Gibson Les Paul Junior Tribute with the single P90 pickup. It was $550. I was like, "Hmm. I like this thing a lot a lot!". So, I went back in there today and got it. My first guitar with a P90 and it screams! Always wanted a Junior, Special with P90 pickups, or a guitar with P90's in general. This was $550 and they had a 10% off thing going on - think it is just for the grand opening? - so I got it for $500.
F5phXP3.jpg

Second is a Peavey TNT bass amp. Has the Black Widow 115 speaker in it. 150 watts. It's an older one - '80's or '90's, I believe. USA made one. Picked it up off of my local Craigslist for $90! So far, I'm really liking it! 
VSCxkAg.jpg

Third piece of gear is an Ibanez RGEW521ZC. This one, my Dad actually surprised me with. He's a drummer, but he enjoys looking at guitars and basses, too. He seen this one on Musician's Friend and fell in love with the looks and thought I'd like it and said, "This guitar is gorgeous, it has DiMarzio Tone Zone and Air Norton pickups, and I figured with it being an RG, you can use something a different in your collection. I think you'll like it.",  haha. Took me a couple of weeks to warm up to this guitar, though, but it is cool.
s2CBDRb.jpg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, brad1 said:

Nice to see you around. And nice acquisitions you got there. Congratulations!\:D/[biggrin]

BTW, did RCT take those pics for you?

Thanks! 😂😂😂😂 No, but I still have a caveman slide phone, so that's why my pics are a bit crap. 

3 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

You have all the gear. Leave some for Joe B.

Yeah, but no '50's and '60's Fender's and Gibsons. That man needs to share those for the rest of us, haha. The oldest guitar I have is my '75 L6-S, which I got like 6 1/2 - almost 7 years back for under a grand. Amazing and underrated guitar!

3 hours ago, rct said:

Good to see you Guitar God.  You needed a few more guitars!

rct

Thanks, man! The reason for the Junior Tribute other than it playing and sounding great is that I don't have anything with P90 pickups and been wanting something with a P90 or two since I've been playing. Plus, it was a good deal! The reason for the Peavey bass amp is because I have a Carvin R1000 full stack. Though it's a good amp, I'm just not happy with it for some reason and wanted something simpler and smaller. Plus, guitar is my primary instrument. Really want an Ampeg of some sort, but this thing is great and will do the job! Plus, for $90, you can't go wrong. The RG wad a surprise from my dad because he fell in love with how it looks and, though, he is a drummer, he was like, "I know how great the DiMarzio Tone Zone and Air Norton pickups are!", which he is right. Those are really good pickups.

congrats. 

The last DC P90s I played were 2015. Dont know how these compare.

The RG? These are made by Fujigen I think so should be excellent. Not my thing either, but I'd like to try one anyway.

Yes I knew those were your pics. When you find a proper camera/phone, you'll have to re-photo everything over again. That'll take you a few months!

Edited by merciful-evans

On March 7, 2020 at 5:35 PM, Guitar God said:

Ben awhile since I've posted on here! Hope everyone here is doing great!  Anyway, got a few new pieces of gear since I last posted.  I'll start off with the one I just got today. Guitar Center just opened in my area on Thursday and I went to the grand opening. I seen this brand new '19 Gibson Les Paul Junior Tribute with the single P90 pickup. It was $550. I was like, "Hmm. I like this thing a lot a lot!". So, I went back in there today and got it. My first guitar with a P90 and it screams! Always wanted a Junior, Special with P90 pickups, or a guitar with P90's in general. This was $550 and they had a 10% off thing going on - think it is just for the grand opening? - so I got it for $500.
F5phXP3.jpg

Second is a Peavey TNT bass amp. Has the Black Widow 115 speaker in it. 150 watts. It's an older one - '80's or '90's, I believe. USA made one. Picked it up off of my local Craigslist for $90! So far, I'm really liking it! 
VSCxkAg.jpg

Third piece of gear is an Ibanez RGEW521ZC. This one, my Dad actually surprised me with. He's a drummer, but he enjoys looking at guitars and basses, too. He seen this one on Musician's Friend and fell in love with the looks and thought I'd like it and said, "This guitar is gorgeous, it has DiMarzio Tone Zone and Air Norton pickups, and I figured with it being an RG, you can use something a different in your collection. I think you'll like it.",  haha. Took me a couple of weeks to warm up to this guitar, though, but it is cool.
s2CBDRb.jpg

Nice stuff there GG!

On 3/8/2020 at 3:34 AM, merciful-evans said:

congrats. 

The last DC P90s I played were 2015. Dont know how these compare.

The RG? These are made by Fujigen I think so should be excellent. Not my thing either, but I'd like to try one anyway.

Yes I knew those were your pics. When you find a proper camera/phone, you'll have to re-photo everything over again. That'll take you a few months!
I should start using the digital camera for better pics, haha. It's a newer model. Indonesian made.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2020 at 9:57 AM, badbluesplayer said:

Hey Trey - How's that new Guitar Center?  I haven't been there yet.

Pretty cool! Good selection of Gibson, Epiphone, and Fender guitars! A couple of PRS SE models. They have the Mitchell line in and Jackson, Schecter,  Squier,  Gretsch, and Ibanez stuff.  Music Man basses.  Decent amp selection. Pretty good acoustic selection from what I seen in the acoustic room. Didn't spend much time in the acoustic room. But did see some Epiphone and Taylor stuff. Think they got Washburn acoustics, too? Didn't see a Gibson acoustic in there. But, I didn't spend much time in the acoustic room. It was super packed the two days I went, which is understandable, since it just opened. Going to give it time to die down/be less crowded before going back in, haha. 

• Like 1