Gibson Brands Forums

gibson refuses 2015 Les Paul Traditional brass nut replacement

JVC

Gibson is failing me big time!  i have 1 new 2015 les paul traditional, and 3 second hand.  i like these guitars.  except the brass nuts, they wear out and my strings start breaking.  I asked 2 titanium nuts last year for 2 second hand guitars. they were sent no problem.  now i ask 2 other ones for 1 new and the other second hand guitar.  gibson mails me: sorry but we don't replace nuts for second hand guitars. best of all, it's the same customer service person !!!  so i'm buying a lot of gibson guitars.  and the parts they KNOW don't work, they don't wanna replace them.  fail !!!! thanks a lot gibson.  this is really really BAD customer service. so people, beware!

Edited by JVC

I can understand the frustration however, I'm not sure they are "Failing" you,  perhaps they are getting more strict in terms of the Warranty coverage.  

The warranty ends when the original customer sells the guitar.   The warranty does not transfer to the new owner.  That is stared clearly on all their warranty cards

so your Buyer Beware  may be a bit mellow dramatic in this case

Granted there are probably times when a customer service rep will go the distance for some one like he did for you the first time.  But you can't expect it to be the case ALL the time. 

BTW: Did you mention to the customer service person that he was the same guy that helped out out a year ago?

• 1 year later...

I purchased a 2015 LP traditional as well as a SG, I think 2017 contacted Gibson for replacement, very easy to deal with however being Canadian the distributor flat out said NO!, they’ve been sitting in their cases since then, maybe I’ll add a GT some day or sell them, own a V and JJ also and when I have a Gibson nite..always the light rock solid JJ

18 hours ago, Halfwatt said:

I purchased a 2015 LP traditional as well as a SG, I think 2017 contacted Gibson for replacement, very easy to deal with however being Canadian the distributor flat out said NO!, they’ve been sitting in their cases since then, maybe I’ll add a GT some day or sell them, own a V and JJ also and when I have a Gibson nite..always the light rock solid JJ

You can buy one that fits.. not metal but a cool replacement

Graph Tech TUSQ XL Adjustable Replacement Nut (stringsdirect.co.uk)

Graphtech Tusq Xl Zero Fret Replacement Nut, PQL-6110-00: Amazon.co.uk:  Musical Instruments

• 3 weeks later...

There should not be a problem with Gibson sending you out a replacement nut  on your dime. Did you ask for a freebie?  Maybe submit a request to pay for the replacement but you would like it a Gibson part to keep the instrument original spec.  

I wouldnt be holding my breath though.  I wrote them a few months back asking if there was a way I could obtain a truss Rod cover for my Gothic V as the logo had just about rubbed completely off and it actually looks bad.  I specifically stated that I wanted no gratis service and Paul g for it at premium cost to me was alright.  I was told that since that was a special run, they no longer have any of those type parts as a replacement.  I emailed back that they do not have any plain black arrow shaped truss Rod covers for a Flying V?  Stated no they do not use them currently on any lose so they are unavailable.  I did write a third time asking how they outfitted the custom 58 model offered then?   It should t be so damn difficult to purchase a part for your guitar. Especially when I k is for a fact, there are at minimum some unbranded parts in the warehouse and someone could run a bit of silver ink through a screen to produce the item if I’m willing to pay for it.  If not Gibson, then suggest a authorized supplier.  It’s not like some aren’t willing to maintain their gear on our own.  Besides the large V truss Rod cover was used until what three years ago across the product line?    Doesn’t matter now as I purchased replacement material, traced the shape, and used a friends truss Rod cover to make an exact scale trace of the logo and made my own.  Then to be cheeky I took it to the local “ collector” shop and asked him what he thought.  He asked me to make him three