Gibson Brands Forums

Music Doc's

Sgt. Pepper

Watched a few music doc's the last 2 days . The first one was Miles Davis - The Birth Of The Cool. Really good. The second was ZZ Top - That Little Ol' Band From Texas. It was pretty good. I could have done without the silly cartoons they put in there. I still need to watch the one on Jeff Beck, Eric Clapton, Linda Ronstadt and David Crosby.

Tonight it ain't right

I got to have me a week

I'll be back for you, Jack

And I'll let the machine speak

Both were on Netflix.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

43 minutes ago, saturn said:

I tried to watch the Linda Ronstadt one. I heard it is really good. But I couldn't find it in a search on NF.

Yeah its not. It was run on CNN New Years Day. We DVR'ed it and it got erased. It will come out sooner or later.

9 minutes ago, deeman said:

I saw the doc Strange Powers about Stephin Merritt from The Magnetic Fields recently. That was very interesting if you're a fan of his, or a fan of quirky people.

I watch music doc's about people I have never heard of or care about. I watched the Taylor Swift one cause see is easy on on the eyes. She's a little whiner.

She said when she came into the music business she shut up and did what she was told. Yeah cause when you start out  your a f-ing nobody like everyone else when they start out. You don't come into the business as the CEO.

1 hour ago, deeman said:

I saw the doc Strange Powers about Stephin Merritt from The Magnetic Fields recently. That was very interesting if you're a fan of his, or a fan of quirky people.

I just watched the trailer for it,  if its on NF I will check it out.

I have seen and listen to The Residents. Different and unusual music doesn't scare me. I love Zappa.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

58 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Watched a doc on Woodstock this weekend. Pretty good. Not a whole lot of music in it. It was mostly about how it came about, the guys that funded it,  and what happened up to during and after the show.

Saw that one a little while back, was an interesting take.

I saw a doc on the band Slint on Youtube this weekend called Breadcrumb trail. Post-Punk/Post-Hardcore band. I also saw that the Pixies Doc, loudQUIETloud is on Youtube, I plan on watching that one soon.

Edited by deeman

21 minutes ago, deeman said:

I saw a doc on the band Slint on Youtube this weekend called Breadcrumb trail. Post-Punk/Post-Hardcore band. I also saw that the Pixies Doc, loudQUIETloud is on Youtube, I plan on watching that one soon.

I tried to listen to them. They were not for me. Don't they have an album called Spiderland where they are all in the water with their heads sticking up.

I used to rock the Pixies every now and then. Dug the album with the monkey on the cover.

I watched The Other One last night about Bob Weir of The Dead. Saw it a few years back too. He said one year he took LSD every Saturday night for a that entire year. And its hard to play your guitar sometimes when the neck looks like a snake. I'll bet. You just have to go with it.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

35 minutes ago, merciful-evans said:

fast and bulbous

Just listened to Uncle Meat the other day.  One of my early FZ favs. How about the Doll Foot As Young Rifle. Need to rock Trout Mask. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

22 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Just listened to Uncle Meat the other day.  One of my early FZ favs. How about the Doll Foot As Young Rifle. Need to rock Trout Mask. 

got in himmel ! I forgot all about Uncle Meat. Just had a listen on YT. Yes, wonderful. Just checked Amazon uk & its stupid expensive on cd. I'll look on ebay...

meanwhile. Yep check Trout Mask Replica. Its needs fetching down & dusting off

2 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

got in himmel ! I forgot all about Uncle Meat. Just had a listen on YT. Yes, wonderful. Just checked Amazon uk & its stupid expensive on cd. I'll look on ebay...

meanwhile. Yep check Trout Mask Replica. Its needs fetching down & dusting off

Got my new vinyl for $27 US. They sound killer on180 g vinyl.

On 3/11/2020 at 9:27 AM, Sgt. Pepper said:

Watched a few music doc's the last 2 days . The first one was Miles Davis - The Birth Of The Cool. Really good. The second was ZZ Top - That Little Ol' Band From Texas. It was pretty good. I could have done without the silly cartoons they put in there. I still need to watch the one on Jeff Beck, Eric Clapton, Linda Ronstadt and David Crosby.

Tonight it ain't right

I got to have me a week

I'll be back for you, Jack

And I'll let the machine speak

Both were on Netflix.

I just watched the ZZ Top one the other night. I commented that those silly cartoons looked a lot like Doonesbury. Or Doonsberry not sure how it's spelled.