Gibson Brands Forums

C-Toldya#7

BluesKing777

Below is a link to a recording I just did of a country blues type medley played on my 1937 Gibson L-0........

Sal asked if we were all playing still....well, I sure am!

OK, some background to the track - every Saturday morning, through thick and thin, hard and soft, hot or cold, new guitar, old guitar, new strings, old strings - I do a little practice routine of playing through various materials I have in C. I always put a capo on 3.

Sometimes it is joyous. Sometimes torture. Sometimes I take forever to get through while others I finish in record time.

Anyway, at the end of the session, I will go make a cup of tea and come back and play what comes in to my head - within the form. So that is what is in the recording below.....fully warmed up!

BluesKing777.

Yep.  UR the best, bro.  Another example of what's happened in the era of talent over-saturation, and the odd dilemma of the best in their field not being able to make a solid living at their craft. 
Enjoy your private island.  I don't know how you slipped through the crack of fame.  Very JHammond touch you have, when he isn't being full on frantic.  I got to see him play up close when he was hanging around Woodstock in the late 70's.  It was 2 bucks to get in and sit 8 feet away.

So many good players out there, and much respect to you being in the mix.  Thanks for all the clips.

If I was your partner I wouldn't clip my nails either, but I'd want you to teach me lap slide.

5 hours ago, jedzep said:

Yep.  UR the best, bro.  Another example of what's happened in the era of talent over-saturation, and the odd dilemma of the best in their field not being able to make a solid living at their craft. 
Enjoy your private island.  I don't know how you slipped through the crack of fame.  Very JHammond touch you have, when he isn't being full on frantic.  I got to see him play up close when he was hanging around Woodstock in the late 70's.  It was 2 bucks to get in and sit 8 feet away.

So many good players out there, and much respect to you being in the mix.  Thanks for all the clips.

If I was your partner I wouldn't clip my nails either, but I'd want you to teach me lap slide.

Thanks JZ for the kind words!

What’s the old song? “Nobody’s Fault But Mine” for the way things are.  Hard to get along with and not wanting to be told what to do by anyone. But I have had a lot of fun, kept practicing a couple of times daily..... and the day job probably pays more for an hour or two than a guitarist here earns in a couple of weeks.

BluesKing777.

Hey, thanks very much B.T. And Nick!

Much appreciated, really!

(of course, I play a couple of times every day, not just Saturday morning. And I have been doing the same tunes in C on a Saturday morning for a long, long time now. Rest of the week I am all over the place songwise, but limiting myself to this C thing once a week is paying off. Don’t know why, just did it. Maybe I could move to D next?)

Thanks again and sorry to the Better Half and people next door who have heard all the earlier renditions!😃

BluesKing777.

Edited by BluesKing777