Gibson Brands Forums

SheldonR

Need help with this one. Had my Les Paul stolen that was signed to me from slash and need input on where to start. Have a police report but never had a serial. I've done the usual Craigslist and Facebook stuff but looking for ideas or avenues to take.

Sheldon

• Sad 1

Telling he story in places like this certainly helps. One shows up in a bragging photo on a forum there's a chance of it being recognized. Maybe write to Reverb and eBay, social media etc. Kind of like missing children used to be on milk cartons. If it makes an appearance then someone will see it. Very sorry for your loss. Infuriating I'm sure.

If your the original owner and registered it with gibson they’ll have the serial number. If your not the original owner find out who is and see if they registered it. Without the s/n even if it shows up somewhere you’ll have a hard time proving its yours. Like pepper said it’s probably been sold to someone else already. 

2 hours ago, SheldonR said:

No photos but trying an old Myspace account to see if I do. But going to try and find one of the other pieces that I got back from the robbery to try to find the case number

Was it taken from your house or  gig?

House. I went and got one of the eqs from my storage that was recovered to find the case number. I have a friend that is a retired police so we'll see if anything ever showed and or leads on people. I'm just hoping at this point. I can't even begin to describe the value to me. No monitory value can, I am even willing to buy it back. No questions asked!!!!!

I wouldn't have ANYONE autograph my guitars - I think most of us are the same about that, no dis to you - but I can respect the decision to have Slash sign your Les Paul! Sorry to hear it was stolen. Have had guitars stolen from me too. It's super low. 

I would check/inform pawnshops in your area. Most of the time, I'd wager it's junkies doing these things. They tend to be local. 

8 hours ago, Pinch said:

... I would check/inform pawnshops in your area. Most of the time, I'd wager it's junkies doing these things. They tend to be local. 

The irony here is that advice comes from "Pinch".  (LOL)

Additional edit: The word Pinch  is also a slang term for stealing something, just in case my  post is not making sense.

Edited by 01GT eibach
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 01GT eibach said:

The irony here is that advice comes from "Pinch".  (LOL)

Additional edit: The word Pinch  is also a slang term for stealing something, just in case my  post is not making sense.

Dude, that is a scream!!!! 😂🤣

Touche!!