Gibson Brands Forums

CRaZy tIMEs INdEEd

brad1

1 hour ago, labomba said:

Good you made down okay. Hopefully things will get better soon. We’ve been laying low cause of the wife’s immune system being deficient from transplant. 

Yeah best you guys do that. Stay safe. I'm rocking a Guinness and a bourbon. Its Friday nite. Jammed live Dead and Zappa all the way down.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

6 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Yeah best you guys do that. Stay safe. I'm rocking a Guinness and a bourbon. Its Friday nite. Jammed live Dead and Zappa all the way down.

Haha good choice. Beaches are open so’s not all lost for ya. GC is open too with limited hours. Maybe if things calm down a little we can get to GC.

1 hour ago, labomba said:

Haha good choice. Beaches are open so’s not all lost for ya. GC is open too with limited hours. Maybe if things calm down a little we can get to GC.

Yep. Zoe. I'm usually not into blonds, but a chick with glasses into guitars and easy on the eyes closer to my age. 🥰

23 hours ago, saturn said:

Man I feel for you. Out of us all here, you're about the only one I can think of who's total income is based on playing music. Most of us just do it as hobby or supplement . I'm bummed because my little gigs are canceled at least through April, but I know it's nothing like what you are dealing with. Best of luck to you through all this mess.  

I work for a small machine shop where it's only 5 employees. So far we are all still working. Glad I'm no longer working for the airlines. 

My mortgage is paid, and I've always had a buffer savings account for times like this. It's recommended for all gig workers.

I've not needed to draw on it since the 1980s and I hate to use it now, but I'll be very frugal about what I buy.

I have no debt other than car payments, and they aren't all that steep so I should be OK, but I'm still bummed.

On the other hand, staying home should keep me from getting sick.

Notes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Notes_Norton said:

My mortgage is paid, and I've always had a buffer savings account for times like this. It's recommended for all gig workers.

I've not needed to draw on it since the 1980s and I hate to use it now, but I'll be very frugal about what I buy.

I have no debt other than car payments, and they aren't all that steep so I should be OK, but I'm still bummed.

On the other hand, staying home should keep me from getting sick.

Notes

Good to hear from you Notes. Not getting sick is the key here, Everything here has been shut down for a week. The fast food and a few smaller restaurants are still open but you can't eat inside them. You can order at the window and take the food home. That's what Debbie & I have been doing as we don't have a kitchen yet. We started remodeling it taking down all the plaster board And putting in new wiring and insulation and so forth. It is getting closer now to be done, Maybe next week?  Only a few guys can come in and work at a time. So We are forced to go out and get whatever we can find open still. I took Sundance for a walk around the neighborhood today,  (Just bored sitting around the house every day.) But the whole neighborhood was like dead. No action anywhere except the postman and one guy walking.  It's like a Bomb hit here with no one out. People all sent home and big business shut down. Railroads are still running I see. That is another case because when I worked there, They wouldn't let you go home for a doctors appointment, Your wife having a baby, if you were sick.  You miss one day per year and you are on investigation. Very happy I am retired from there. 

I walk myself, up and down my street for about an hour (4 miles) to stay healthy.

Bad timing on the kitchen remodel. But then how was anybody to know?

Leilani and I are working on Band-in-a-Box aftermarket products. Of course, we're selling to musicians, so we don't expect big sales until things return to normal.

55 minutes ago, Notes_Norton said:

Bad timing on the kitchen remodel. But then how was anybody to know?

We’ re having an addition put on the house. Good thing is they haven’t started yet other then footing lines. Bad thing is won’t be done by finish date. 

I retired from my day job at the end of 2011.  Since then, I have been doing part-time consulting work for Uncle Sam, mostly just to pad savings/investments and avoid total boredom.  The good thing is, being a contractor, I can turn down work.  I finished up the last of the work I accepted before this fiasco began and plan to cool my jets for at least a couple of weeks.

My sympathies and best wishes go out to those who aren’t so fortunate.  Hoping we turn the corner on this quickly and the personal/financial pain is kept to a minimum.

I`m self employed so while the merchants stay open I can work.

Our gigs are obviously put back to whenever.

Driving around is a bit strange as there is very little traffic although an lot of heads  are using this time to get out on their bikes (sigh)

Tailbacks at parks/forest/ open area places as people just need to get out. 

Already we`re hearing of some getting narky, if this goes on beyond month end (probably will) then stuff will ramp up here.

A lot of scare mongering going on, to me, if everybody just used the feckin` head and be sensible this would work through.

Kiss the wife/husband,

Hug/chastise the kids,

Play like there is no tomorrow, there will be, but sure it`ll be great craic in the meantime. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, rct said:

Nine(9) Guitar Centers within 100 miles of me, from Brooklyn out to King of Prussia down to Wilmington.  All closed.  This will leave a mark.

rct

That's going to hurt. GC is the last company that needs to lose revenue from it's stores… not that any store needs to lose revenue.

Edited by darling67

It isn't the businesses that close for us around here, that isn't the problem.  The problem is the businesses that don't re-open.  The economy here was terrible two weeks ago, two months ago, two years ago.  This will kill a lot of things, and our GC is possibly one of them.  Their margins are awful already, I can't imagine how they will recover from any length of time closed.

Shoulda hadda 35% off everything in the store yesterday before they closed up.  I would have helped them out considerably.

rct

Tourist trade is dead here, travelers are required to quarantine for 14 days, beaches are closed, only drive through restaurants are open, public gatherings cancelled. Friday we had 26 total cases in the state, now we are at 48, with a few community spread, but mostly visitors. We have all been asked to stay home for the next 14 days, Hawaii does not have the facilities to deal with a pandemic so I guess we need to really clamp down. Most are concentrated on Oahu around Honolulu the other islands Maui has 7, Kauai at 3 and the Big Island also at 3.

Up to 56 now..

Edited by mihcmac

We are about to get an announcement over here. Boris going on at 20:30 (just over an hours time)... I reckon, London at least will go in to proper lockdown [blink]

Not gonna be fun. But I cant believe the scenes I am seeing out on the streets with people totally ignoring any advice to stay away from each other. So sadly due to the selfish idiots its now pretty much inevitable

Crazy times indeed..  Really not looking forward to this, and im already bored..

Edited by Rabs

26 minutes ago, brad1 said:

Those guys look very comfortable. 

The dogs paw on the kitty is cute as hell!

Part of my grandaughter's herd.  She has a Husky and two more cats.  All rescues except for the Lab which they picked up in Nashville  just before the latest storms.

And.....

Lockdown (of a sort) in the U.K.

I'm going to have to go shopping in the next couple of days.

It had to be done, it's good but there aren't enough police to enforce it, so it will be interesting to see what happens.

Best wishes to all, take care and stay safe!

Edited by jdgm

8 hours ago, 01GT eibach said:

No fresh chicken or beef in Colorado Springs.  Do you have fresh meat where you are??

Yes, we have fresh meat here in the Heartland. No toilet paper, and milk is hit/miss due to hoarders.