Gibson Brands Forums

CRaZy tIMEs INdEEd

brad1

1 hour ago, brad1 said:

Got just about everything I needed at the store today  

But still no TP.

Plenty of fruits and vegetables. 

But no TP,  paper towels or napkins at all. 

There wasn’t any TP yesterday. Luckily got a 4 pack this morning, Had to go during the seniors special hours this morning and what a trip that was. Reminded me of that old man tim conway skit on carol burnett except there was about 40 of em. 

Edited by labomba

So, I had my first Zoom meeting today.  Six educators meeting online.

It was the first time I have ever done such a meeting, so I was a little nervous about the whole thing. But it went on without a hitch. It was kinda fun actually to see everyone at home in their street clothes.

Looks like a lot of people will be using Zoom and Skype for meeting with others in the near future.

Anybody here been using it? :-k

A video from a guy out ChicagoTown way.  Julian restores art.  Awesome stuff, I highly recommend Baumgartner restoration videos on an average day.  So he's doing something, we helped him out, you might want to too.  Two.  You know.

rct

On 3/26/2020 at 2:58 PM, brad1 said:

So, I had my first Zoom meeting today.  Six educators meeting online.

It was the first time I have ever done such a meeting, so I was a little nervous about the whole thing. But it went on without a hitch. It was kinda fun actually to see everyone at home in their street clothes.

Looks like a lot of people will be using Zoom and Skype for meeting with others in the near future.

Anybody here been using it? :-k

My wife works for county schools too as a tech.  Last weekend I helped her with the webcam and setting up Zoom for her job. They had one session and it came down from top that Zoom was not an option. So we started over again with Google Classroom or whatever it's called. Now the Chrome browser on the laptop has been hijacked by that app. Even when her account is signed out. I can't even post or view comments on YouTube even if I'm signed in because Chrome is locked in Restricted Mode. I'm forced to now get on the web using Microsoft Edge.  [scared]

• Like 1

15 hours ago, rct said:

We had a lovely couple days in Corona CA.  I'd go back in a second.  I'd do the tour again too.

I drove from Salt Lake City to Dana Point to acquire my 2002 Guild JF30-12 that was made in Corona when Fender owned Guild.  (Well, I was going to visit family in SoCal anyway, but still...)  I wonder if the seller picked it out himself from the Corona plant.  He chose well - gorgeous burst, ebony fretboard, silky top...  And he must not have played it much since it was (and still is) in near mint condition.  There's nothing like a jumbo Guild 12-string!

jib786.jpg

I know I almost bought two Teles right off the floor, and I could have.  Retail - 10% plus Cali taxes, which is like 11.5% total.  So Retail plus half a percent, something like that.  I should have bought one of them, at 3500 ++ to get it out of there it would have been well worth it, I have never seen one for sale anywhere, that was in 2013.  We saw no acoustic work being done and no acoustic raw materials.  I don't recall any in the showroom, but I was looking for very specific stuff.  I bought a mug.

rct

So making a formal 'not hoarding' effort.  Not sure if it's smart or not.  A friend called to say beef and meat in general was going to be in short supply.  Talked to my wife about stocking up, decided we have enough for what we need, and when it's time we'll figure out how to make due with what's available.  Going with the belief things might be different, we might be inconvenienced but sure we will be able to figure it out without feeding the frenzy.

I do want a new guitar though.  2 Actually

7 minutes ago, uncle fester said:

...A friend called to say beef and meat in general was going to be in short supply. 

I just got back from the market.  The paper products aisle was the only one bare.  Everything else was there.  I wasn't getting meat, though, since Mrs. Cougar made a Costco run a week or so ago and - as usual - got a BUNCH of various meats. 

7 minutes ago, uncle fester said:

I do want a new guitar though.  2 Actually

Haha!  That's the spirit!

Had my second Zoom meeting yesteday with 8 other people. It's kinda fun to see other people's homes in the background. And of course it is very informal.

One thing I find interesting is how nervous I get right before and sometime during the meeting. I never get nervous at meetings I attend in person. But for some reason, when I am getting ready to join a Zoom meeting in a few minutes I begin sweating a lot and feel quite anxious. I find it very odd. Perhaps this will get better. I can hope.

On another topic...

Watched the Movie "1917" last night. WOW! what a great movie. If you haven't seen it, you should. The cinematography is about the best I have ever seen.  And the direction and visual effects are great as well. Acting is terrific too!

29 minutes ago, brad1 said:

Had my second Zoom meeting yesteday with 8 other people. It's kinda fun to see other people's homes in the background. And of course it is very informal.

One thing I find interesting is how nervous I get right before and sometime during the meeting. I never get nervous at meetings I attend in person. But for some reason, when I am getting ready to join a Zoom meeting in a few minutes I begin sweating a lot and feel quite anxious. I find it very odd. Perhaps this will get better. I can hope.

On another topic...

Watched the Movie "1917" last night. WOW! what a great movie. If you haven't seen it, you should. The cinematography is about the best I have ever seen.  And the direction and visual effects are great as well. Acting is terrific too!

it's just not the norm for you, I remember being a bit anxious when I had to arrange and direct my first concall.  Now it's just another call to be on...  you'll get along just fine.

1917 was awesome, went with my son when it was first released.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 'Scales said:

Videoconferencing...where you can look the boss in the eye and just rip as many farts as you like and no one knows who it was [cool]

There are definite benefits for sure![thumbup]