Gibson Brands Forums

The Beatles: Get Back - more details on Peter Jacksons Let It Be film.

Rabs

https://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/peter-jacksons-let-it-be-restoration-will-be-called-the-beatles-get-back/

Peter Jackson’s much anticipated reworking of The Beatles‘ 1970 film Let It Be will be released theatrically in September after worldwide distribution rights were secured by Disney.

The film will be called The Beatles: Get Back, which of course not only references the group’s 1969 single (with Billy Preston) but is also a nod to the working title of the Let It Be album itself.

As well as never-before-seen footage of the Let It Be recording session, we now know that the film will include the entire 42 minute rooftop concert, “fully restored”. Peter Jackson has been through over 55 hours of unseen footage, filmed by Michael Lindsay-Hogg in 1969, and 140 hours of mostly unheard audio recordings from the ‘Let It Be’ album sessions.

Peter Jackson says, “Working on this project has been a joyous discovery. I’ve been privileged to be a fly on the wall while the greatest band of all time works, plays and creates masterpieces. I’m thrilled that Disney have stepped up as our distributor. There’s no one better to have our movie seen by the greatest number of people.”

The Walt Disney Studios are releasing it in the US and Canada on 4 September 2020, with additional details and dates for the film’s global release “to follow”. A fully restored version of the original Let It Be film will be made available “at a later date”.

While all this is very exciting, what we still have no idea about is what the expected Let It Be 50th anniversary edition will look like. Surely it will be a combination of remastered album, outtakes, 5.1/Dolby Atmos mix and both versions of the film. We’ll have to wait and see. I’m pretty sure a box set/reissue will follow the theatrical release of The Beatles: Get Back, probably in October time. Indeed, Callaway Arts & Entertainment have a book out called The Beatles: Get Back which is scheduled for mid-October. Rumours suggest this is an ‘official companion’ to Peter Jackson’s film and it will include exclusive photographs, transcripts of the recording and an essay by Hanif Kureishi. It can be pre-ordered below.

25 minutes ago, Big Bill said:

ImpassionedBasicAssassinbug-size_restric

Where's the Irish guy?

You's guys from Jersey. Oh wait I was born there to but escaped. 

Ringo was there to provide solid back beat. I hate when he sings and wish every album didn't have a Ringo song on it and one more John or Paul song. The first George song I really dig is Taxman all the one's before that I could do without. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

25 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Where's the Irish guy?

You's guys from Jersey. Oh wait I was born there to but escaped. 

Ringo was there to provide solid back beat. I hate when he sings and wish every album didn't have a Ringo song on it and one more John or Paul song. The first George song I really dig is Taxman all the one's before that I could do without. 

change yer name to a band you like...

57 minutes ago, Big Bill said:

I um really really and then a few more really's, like The Beatles, so its pretty fitting. So not liking the drummers voice who is really not a good singer is cause for me to hate them. This is clearly a puff puff give situation. Some of you guys kill me.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Ringo did just fine, he laid down some of the most iconic rock drum riffs and did so without overwhelming the rest of the band. 

Drum solos are ok, but most of the Beatles work were not platforms for that type of drum style. It's hard to imagine  The Fab Four being improved on.

20 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I um really really and then a few more really's, like The Beatles, so its pretty fitting. So not liking the drummers voice who is really not a good singer is cause for me to hate them. This is clearly a puff puff give situation. Some of you guys kill me.

maybe using the word hate about a person , especially Ringo was a bit ...    judge away but dont be shocked if you get judged-  RINGO PEACE 

7 minutes ago, jvi said:

maybe using the word hate about a person , especially Ringo was a bit ...    judge away but dont be shocked if you get judged-  RINGO PEACE 

I didn't say I hate Ringo. I said I hate when he sings. Don't twist my words, please.  Go back 6 posts and look.  Or here is for ya:

"Ringo was there to provide solid back beat. I hate when he sings and wish every album didn't have a Ringo song on it and one more John or Paul song. The first George song I really dig is Taxman all the one's before that I could do without."

How about I'll print a retraction and say I dislike when he sings.  Joni, Ella, Van, Paul, Frank S. all top notch singers, Ringo - Drummer. Great guy, but a drummer.

I have the album Ringo and Goodnight Vienna on vinyl. I love Ringo but not in a guy on guy way.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

My mom told me there are only three things you can count on in this life

Death

Taxes

Someone always gets butt hurt about the Beatles

She was a wise old lady.

rct

Edited by rct

3 minutes ago, Big Bill said:

Okay, I'll take the beating at the bar for this. I think the Beatles is the best band EVER... 

I applaud your courage and I'll match you.

I think the Beatles were a meh band with a lot of records and a lot of hits and a few great songs.  Right place, right time, coulda been anybody, all that baloney.

rct

13 minutes ago, rct said:

I applaud your courage and I'll match you.

I think the Beatles were a meh band with a lot of records and a lot of hits and a few great songs.  Right place, right time, coulda been anybody, all that baloney.

rct

I would help, but I think they muh leg is broke.

Seriously though, I have been a big Beatles fan all my life. I just don't agree that Ringo's talent is the caliber of the others. He was hired for his persona which was awesome.

Edited by Big Bill