Gibson Brands Forums

Compound radius fretboards

yoav.binyamini

Are there any current Gibson models made with with a compound radius fretboard. I tried to look on the website but as there is no 'search' option, I would need to go to the specs on every model.. 😲I have seen some references to past models, but they were either discontinued or had the standard 12" fretboard.

I have a 2017 Les Paul Standard that has one.  If you have not played one, it may take some getting used to, although the variance is not huge.  I just noticed when I first got it, that because it was actually easier to play on, I was squeezing some chords harder than needed and was actually pulling the strings a little out of tune.  Once you get the hang of using less effort they are great.

a6Na9ii.jpg

35 minutes ago, Twang Gang said:

I have a 2017 Les Paul Standard that has one.  If you have not played one, it may take some getting used to, although the variance is not huge.  I just noticed when I first got it, that because it was actually easier to play on, I was squeezing some chords harder than needed and was actually pulling the strings a little out of tune.  Once you get the hang of using less effort they are great.

Twang that has to one of the nicest Lesters I have ever seen!  😍

17 hours ago, Twang Gang said:

a6Na9ii.jpg

That, to me, is a perfect-looking Les Paul. Honeyburst and pickguard.