Gibson Brands Forums

George from Greece

GeorgeGR

Hey everyone, my name is George.  I'm in my 20s and i started playing guitar 6 months ago.  It was always my dream to learn guitar , since i'm a Rock fan , but too many guitar players i knew  were discouraging me to start guitar , cause it would take me years to learn the instrumental. To be honest starting guitar was the best thing i did to my life and it kills me that i hadn't started it way earlier.  Props to my teacher who really made me love guitar and generally music. I know it's soon enough to start talking about purchasing a new guitar but i loved from the first sight Gibson! SG and LP (not sure if its weird that i love both lol) and i hope one day i will own both of them... My first purchase will be Gibson SG for sure , i just dont know which model SG standard or 61. As for amp i'm between Koch Jupiter , Blues Junior and Voc AC15. Sorry for my grammar or vocabulary but English is not my native language and i hope i didnt get you bored with my long text but i wanted to share it with you 🙂 If you guys could suggest me or advise me anything for my first purchases guitar + amp , feel free please !

Have a great week and hope you and your family are safe from covid19 🙂 

Thank you!

George

Welcome aboard George.  I didn’t start playing until I was 43 (I turn 60 next month).  Never too old to start.  

Nothing weird about about liking both SGs and LPs.  I have two of each.  Great guitars.

8 hours ago, tx-ogre said:

Welcome aboard George.  I didn’t start playing until I was 43 (I turn 60 next month).  Never too old to start.  

Nothing weird about about liking both SGs and LPs.  I have two of each.  Great guitars.

Thank you sir. That really can inspire me to keep going! Have a great day.

I have a few SGs  (Classic and a Standard)  also 2 LP standards.  They are the guitars I will go for more often than not.

I don't think you will be sorry with either one,  (Standard or a 61)

Amps.. familiar with the blues jr, I've owned two of them over the years.  They are  nice little package, and it takes pedals nicely.  The only VOX I've tried is my son's AC30,  that's a nice amp...  but it's heavy.. real heavy.  Not familiar with the other one you mentioned.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.  By the way, your English reads just fine to me.

21 minutes ago, kidblast said:

I have a few SGs  (Classic and a Standard)  also 2 LP standards.  They are the guitars I will go for more often than not.

I don't think you will be sorry with either one,  (Standard or a 61)

Amps.. familiar with the blues jr, I've owned two of them over the years.  They are  nice little package, and it takes pedals nicely.  The only VOX I've tried is my son's AC30,  that's a nice amp...  but it's heavy.. real heavy.  Not familiar with the other one you mentioned.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.  By the way, your English reads just fine to me.

Thank you sir !! I was asking about those guitars cause i can't find them in my country to play them , so only was to buy them is through thomman. Well i haven't decided yet which amp so feel free if you have any in mind (budget < = 1000 euros) .