Gibson Brands Forums

NPD

jdgm

Peavey DSC-4 Dual Clock Stereo Chorus - came up cheap on eBay and my bid won! Even has the box. 

Dual Waveshape Twin Clock Analog Stereo Chorus, made 1986-?   2 different choruses each with controls for speed and depth. 

Solidly built.  Quiet, no hiss. Plenty of variation in chorusing, from subtle to mad. Back depth off and it doubles as a vib/trem pedal.  Eats a battery in about 30-40 mins, so mains power necessary;  centre-positive mini-jack mains socket.  I had one of these pedals before (not such good condition) and regretted selling. 

Had some fun with it today but haven't stereo'd it yet.  Ibanez and Maxon are a couple of others who produced dual chorus pedals in that era.

P1050142.jpg

P1050143.jpg

P1050144.jpg

[thumbup]

Edited by jdgm

2 hours ago, jdgm said:

Peavey DSC-4 Dual Clock Stereo Chorus - came up cheap on eBay and my bid won! Even has the box. 

Dual Waveshape Twin Clock Analog Stereo Chorus, made 1986-?   2 different choruses each with controls for speed and depth. 

Solidly built.  Quiet, no hiss. Plenty of variation in chorusing, from subtle to mad. Back depth off and it doubles as a vib/trem pedal.  Eats a battery in about 30-40 mins, so mains power necessary;  centre-positive mini-jack mains socket.  I had one of these pedals before (not such good condition) and regretted selling. 

Had some fun with it today but haven't stereo'd it yet.  Ibanez and Maxon are a couple of others who produced dual chorus pedals in that era.

[thumbup]

Are you planning to use it as a stereo effect?

I am really liking my new analog chorus run through my effects loop. As a single clock type it hasn't killed a battery yet, but my new analog delay eats them after just a few hours..

21 hours ago, mihcmac said:

Are you planning to use it as a stereo effect?

At home, oh yes.   I love a good stereo chorus;  for instance the MXR  M-134 sounds fantastic in stereo and fairly ordinary in mono.  Same for the TC SCF. 

Stereo isn't practical playing in the band though I have tried it in the past; I used to have 2 Fender Twin IIs!!!

Edited by jdgm

8 hours ago, jdgm said:

At home, oh yes.   I love a good stereo chorus;  for instance the MXR  M-134 sounds fantastic in stereo and fairly ordinary in mono.  Same for the TC SCF. 

Stereo isn't practical playing in the band though I have tried it in the past; I used to have 2 Fender Twin IIs!!!

My AVT275 and AVT150H had built in stereo effects the effects loop had a mono out and a R & L return but I only used the loop for compression. I loved the way the built in chorus and delay sounded in stereo, but most of the time I just placed a mic in-between the speakers.

Edited by mihcmac