Gibson Brands Forums

She's breaking in just fine.

Roxx

I was happy when she came in the mail. Kinda like a mail order bride. I played a few days then did my set up. A little tweaking and adjusting, truss rod about a quarter turn did it. Bridge lowered a turn, real close to perfect, but not exact. I can see that though being straight out of the factory and a settling in period. But I am very pleased to report strings are stretched and stays in tune perfectly. I'm a big bender and really stretch them often. I have dialed in my amp and guitar settings and got to know this girl pretty good. I own two other Les Paul's and have them dialed also. They are nice, but I can really tell the difference with this one.  One of the best Paul's made I believe. I been playing them for over 50 years and owned several. I am telling the truth. Gibson Les Paul Modern, you rock !!

All I would like to see is a little tapered relief on the backside. A belly cut. It would be just a little more comfortable and ergonomic to play while standing as well as some more weight relief.  Not a big deal at all, but since we want "MODERN" as a format to this wonderful new guitar, why not ?  Another cool feature would be to decorate the truss rod cover with etched out "MODERN". None of these ideas affect the play-ability, but would add some more class to the instrument.  When we talk about Gibson, we usually associate  with class and quality. There should always be a quest to improve as well as innovate. After all, if we didn't believe in innovation, we would all be playing flat top Silvertones. LOL