Gibson Brands Forums

Your Local Supply Chain...

Murph

10 hours ago, Murph said:

My wife and I are both considered essential. We must go to work unless we have a fever.

This means we need fuel. Fuel is essential.

The food supply is also essential, as is electricity, water, sewer, I guess the internet nowadays, doctors, nurses, hospital staff, hospital suppliers,  prison guards, prison suppliers, hardware and plumbing supplies for emergencies, trains must roll, t.v. and radio and on and on.

Stay home if you can, but pray for those of us who can't.

Take care Murph, best wishes to you and your whole family.

Edited by jdgm

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, 10K-DB said:

Nice to know your the expert on all things in the galaxy

After the tongue lashing @rct gave you for that stupid comment you made, you quote me! Lol. To answer your question no I’m not an expert at much, but what I do have is common sense, something you are apparently lacking.

• Like 1

My job is still considered essential,  I work for the state as security supervisor,  the governor sent everyone else home,  but as long as the USPS  delivers mail the building has to be open.  

The doors are still unlocked from 8 to 5, so now we have to chase off homeless people who would like to move in, or use the facilities.  

It's a 300k sq ft building, and there are four other state office complexes on the same campus,   we have been given gloves, but all masks were sent to hospitals,  I am armed and not opposed to using force if and when people start going into looting mode,  

I give them one more month, then the wolf's  amongst us will start looting and pillaging.  

You are either a sheep, a wolf, or a sheep dog in this life, everything else is just a past time.  Be prepared 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, jaxson50 said:

I give them one more month, then the wolf's  amongst us will start looting and pillaging.  

You are either a sheep, a wolf, or a sheep dog in this life, everything else is just a past time.  Be prepared

No doubt. I guess thats why gun and ammo sales are up like 40%. I don’t envy your job. Stay safe

• Sad 1

It's eased up 'round these here parts. Lots of people are going to have a LOT of toilet paper and flour for a very, VERY long time, though.  They'll be on an all-carb diet for the next few years, I guess. They'll be fat and prone to TP-ing houses. 

Pretty much everything is in stock round here...maybe flour is hard to get. I guess a lot of people figured they'd bake whilst stuck at home. My wife baked a lot of choc-chip biscuits the other day so maybe that's right.

The usual things are also missing here despite restrictions on what you can buy, but bum paper is almost impossible to get, tissues are hard though not impossible and things like pasta, rice etc are scarce. I prefer wholemeal and have got a few of those along the way. Ground beef is often sold out too. Word is that supermarkets will restrict  the number allowed in the store and you won’t get in until someone comes out. I see that causing big problems and hope I’m wrong. My back won’t allow me to queue!

We have “gangs”  of people grabbing anything they can get,  going in and out a number of times to flout the restrictions and then sending it overseas for a profit. They are partly the cause of shortages here! We’ve had that problem with baby formula here for years as it gets cleaned off the shelves and sent to China as it’s pure as compared to local product.

Bread is readily available but as a precaution I’ve bought a few pkts of mix for our bread maker. Haven’t used it for years but ran a trial loaf yesterday. Remembered why we stopped making it! It’s too bloody nice and we eat too much! Looking forward to brekky this morning I must say!

Lots of people are grabbing veggie seeds too, in anticipation of any deterioration of supply if this virus shuts down primary production.

I’m more concerned about some of the restrictions on prescription medications myself. It forces me to go into town twice as many times for things I need to keep me alive!

Edited by Digger

Sounds like things more dramatic down your way Dig (or media hyped at least). I think the supermarket limits on people will work ok - it's 100-200 per store at a time and many are extending trading hours. 

I could share a pic my wife took of the almost full TP section at Woolworths yesterday...but under the circumstances I wouldn't want to risk giving you a case of the sh!ts [laugh]