Gibson Brands Forums

Black L-00 and Black J45 - Music Villa Videos

BluesKing777

If the big bug don't get us all, these 2 black Gibsons will probably join my black guitar collection!

Yep, I always loved black guitars and the black L-00 could sit nicely with my black Cargill custom and my black Maton EBG808!! Watch out old Gibson Blues King - there is a can of black spray in the shed!

efvQQE7h.jpg

BluesKing777.

5 hours ago, BluesKing777 said:

Sorry Billroy, I don’t understand what you mean?

BluesKing777.

Just poking fun, I know you've got an affinity for black guitars, and was wondering if guitars could talk would the black ones include the colorful dove in their conversations or would they push him aside because he's too flashy?

Maybe you gotta do a back and forth song between one of the black ones and the dove.

1 hour ago, billroy fineman said:

Just poking fun, I know you've got an affinity for black guitars, and was wondering if guitars could talk would the black ones include the colorful dove in their conversations or would they push him aside because he's too flashy?

Maybe you gotta do a back and forth song between one of the black ones and the dove.

Ok, I get it, thanks.

I rotate around various guitars a lot, just a joyous thing, eh? I have about 7 various black guitars but I didn’t buy them just because they are black....though there may be a thing where Dad wouldn’t buy me that black Strat when I was a kid. I bought that myself about 15 years later!

Back to the 2 black guitars of mine in the pic - they are both fearsome fingerpicking machines, the left one is a Maton EBG808 with the best pickup system in the world currently - the AP5-Pro. It was a custom finish ordered by a guitar shop and I think it is the only Maton EBG808 in black in the world! The one on the right is my custom Cargill deep body 00  made with ebony and Italian spruce top, with the neck spec copied off my OM18v. It is my only custom made guitar and it is truly superb acoustically, let down only by the dud K&K I had installed.

My 2005 Dove’s neck is a bit thinner, it has a nice pickup in an Anthem that was already in it and I love the maple sound, though it is meant to be a strummer and not a fingerpicker, but I get around it ok! I find the maple is a better fingerpicker than the mahogany squares, more definition.....

How’s that?

P.S. I just read the specs for the black L-00 and it has a ‘slim neck’ and the black J45 has a ‘50s’. I don’t like slim necks.

BluesKing777.

Edited by BluesKing777