Gibson Brands Forums

Covid19 How many in your state or country?

Mr. Gibson

In one week's time, my county:

37 to 144 cases w/ 1 death

all of PA:

744 to 10,077 w/ 136 deaths

You can see it creeping westward from New Yawk and Joisey like something out of an old 50's horror movie (cue Cheepnis from Roxy and Elsewhere before viewing):

https://www.google.com/maps/d/embed?mid=1lpLPPrltIuVkwFtXhoWdWEA4B1DvNmne&ll=41.49547606197643%2C-78.65094847141785&z=7

• Like 1

I believe 108 new cases in Australia. Has come down quite a lot in recent days as people mainly get behind the national plans and do the right things. Seems to be about 3 or so deaths per day but mainly the frail and elderly and/or connected with international travel before it was banned. 

• Like 1

I can see cruise ships being a thing of the past after this. Glad we got it out of our system when we did.

Being stuck on one of those for months with the infection would be hell on earth!

I see Boris has been moved to ICU now...good luck mate! Nothing out of Russia about Vladimir but then bad news about him might cause instability I suppose.

Our infection numbers are reducing slightly but any relaxation in rules could see that trend reverse quickly!

Fotunately this doesn’t look as bad potentially as The Spanish flu a 100 years ago.

• Like 1

If you want to see what is going on in NYC, their health Dept has a good site.   If you scroll down and look at the "Daily Counts" graph you can see that things look like they're improving.  At the top of the graph there are tabs to view total cases, hospitalizations and deaths.  There is a lag for the last 24-48 hrs so that data may not be complete but you can still see the trends.   Also, the decline in deaths will lag behind the drop in new cases by a bit, probably 1-2 weeks.

https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/covid/covid-19-data.page

Edited by Black Dog
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, SmokeyGhost said:

The data is linear.  Logarithmic indicates the infection and death rates are still upwards.

My logarithmic skills are a bit rusty so maybe I'm wrong but I thought that viewing data logarithmically can show rates of change differently, but it can't reverse rates of change from positive to negative or vice versa. 

• Like 1

As of Friday Maryland had 6,968 confirmed cases and 171 deaths. 33 deaths overnight. My part of the county is considered a hot-spot. But the shootings and stabbings in Baltimore continue unabated. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In the 24 hours to 6am Sunday, Australia had 51 new infections and 2 elderly people died. Lowest rate of new infection in quite a while. I think we have about 80 people in serious condition in hospital still but if we can keep going at this rate the ICUs are ok. Long way to go but some hopeful signs so far this weekend. [-o<

• Like 1

California is around 3rd from the top. Got some bad news today. My best friend's brother died of the virus. 69 y/o. Pretty shocked. His wife and son couldn't even be at the funeral because of isolation.

• Like 1