Gibson Brands Forums

Covid19 How many in your state or country?

Mr. Gibson

4 hours ago, rct said:

I would like to know how any of this works, because I don't want to be missing anything.  So, how does any of this work?

rct

1. How any of this works?   Well, start with fearful stories of desperate people trapped on cruise ships. Then have a lone epidemiologist predict  2.2million deaths without any basis for it. Then have a UN organization - cozy with China,  WHO, predict a mortality rate of 3.4%.  Next have the NBA halt its season an hour after Trump gives his first speech to the nation on the virus. That becomes the headline - not anything the President said.  Then, within days, have cities like San Francisco declare a lockdown, virtue-signaling the mayors in cities that aspire to be as Progressive. Then have governors who want the Federal Government to underwrite their responses to the virus, report cases and deaths in a mis-leading way, so that the mortality rate would climb from 1% to 5%  (when actual research scientists in at least a half-dozen studies have proved it is  0.1%).
  2. Order businesses to shut down:  Force people to stay in their homes except when going to 'essential services', masked.  Convince people their lives are endangered every time they see someone without a mask.  Direct them to call police on their neighbors for infractions. Use  Drones provided for free by China  to track down people violating the 'lockdowns'.   Get liberal organizations like Face Book to offer their technical expertise to track people.  
  3. Mine the data to show minorities are more affected by the virus.  IE, your susceptibility is due to your race, not your years living an unhealthy lifestyle. .  Blame the President for not focusing on 'the poor and minorities'. 
  4.  Steer millions of the Stimulus $  targeted for Small Businesses  to big ones like the NBA and Harvard.   Celebrate the drop in the Stock Market and the rise in Unemployment and hope they stay unfavorable through November.  
  5. You're Welcome. 
  • Like 2

666 in my county today with 9 new deaths overnight.

529 in Dauphin, up 129 since the Liberate PA rally a week ago, 21 deaths overnight.

42,050 cases in PA, 1597 dead so far.  

The wife and I are still here and yes, we're taking this seriously.  

Read a piece that the virus gloms onto airborne particulates which helps explain the rapid spread in urban areas.  

Over 25 % of the Wuhan virus deaths in New York were from Nursing homes. No other state has numbers like that. I wonder why?...….

The Sweden mortality rate is going to end up about the same as the U.S. They didn't close their schools or business's.

The reason they are padding the deaths with heart attacks and car wrecks is because the mortality rate is going to be so low when the numbers are in, everybody will see through this.

Stay cowered in your house if you are so inclined.

Not me. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ghost_of_fl said:

N.Y.C. Deaths Reach 6 Times the Normal Level, Far More Than Coronavirus Count Suggests

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... 🤔

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/04/27/upshot/coronavirus-deaths-new-york-city.html

All The News That's Fit To Print ...   even the Old Gray Lady gets it !   When they realize 'truth' and 'news' are different concepts. 

Thanks for finding this one Ghost.     

I read that Twitter suspended the accounts of the two Medical Doctor Researchers at Stanford who were the first to publicize this issue, for LA County.    So, two steps forward one step back.  

Edit:  Apparently you didn't understand after all,  It's not that deaths are high - it's that cases are low. 

Edited by fortyearspickn

11 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:
  1. How any of this works?   Well, start with fearful stories of desperate people trapped on cruise ships. Then have a lone epidemiologist predict  2.2million deaths without any basis for it. Then have a UN organization - cozy with China,  WHO, predict a mortality rate of 3.4%.  Next have the NBA halt its season an hour after Trump gives his first speech to the nation on the virus. That becomes the headline - not anything the President said.  Then, within days, have cities like San Francisco declare a lockdown, virtue-signaling the mayors in cities that aspire to be as Progressive. Then have governors who want the Federal Government to underwrite their responses to the virus, report cases and deaths in a mis-leading way, so that the mortality rate would climb from 1% to 5%  (when actual research scientists in at least a half-dozen studies have proved it is  0.1%).
  2. Order businesses to shut down:  Force people to stay in their homes except when going to 'essential services', masked.  Convince people their lives are endangered every time they see someone without a mask.  Direct them to call police on their neighbors for infractions. Use  Drones provided for free by China  to track down people violating the 'lockdowns'.   Get liberal organizations like Face Book to offer their technical expertise to track people.  
  3. Mine the data to show minorities are more affected by the virus.  IE, your susceptibility is due to your race, not your years living an unhealthy lifestyle. .  Blame the President for not focusing on 'the poor and minorities'. 
  4.  Steer millions of the Stimulus $  targeted for Small Businesses  to big ones like the NBA and Harvard.   Celebrate the drop in the Stock Market and the rise in Unemployment and hope they stay unfavorable through November.  
  5. You're Welcome. 

Do you people wimper about who's picking on the president while yer fukking?  Jesus H Christ in a tree grow the fukk up.  

rct

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, Lord Summerisle said:

I agree we should protect out vulnerable. How does this work? As I mentioned before, I work at a university with 30,000 students. The prevailing logic of this thread seems to be that they should be back in class right now; in fact, they ought never to have been sent home. They are mostly aged 18-22, so, as the resident physician of the Gibson Guitar Lounge and his fellow travelers can confidently tell us, for most of them COVID-19 is going to be a bit of a sniffle. No biggie. Alright, I'll accept that at face value.

Trouble is, a lot of the people who teach those students range in age from their mid-30s to around 70, plus a few outliers: bright young things who romped through a BA, MA, and PhD by their 27th birthday, and few old crusties in their 80s.

Hum. From the CDC:

Among 508 patients known to have been hospitalized, 9% were aged ≥85 years, 36% were aged 65–84 years, 17% were aged 55–64 years, 18% were 45–54 years, and 20% were aged 20–44 years. Less than 1% of hospitalizations were among persons aged ≤19 years.

(Insert confident attack on the quantitative methodology here - a participant pool of 508? You're having a laugh? Data saturation is never a thing, the more subjects you have, the more valid and reliable your data - right? Er....right? Anyways, the important bit is the fact that young people don't get sick. The data doesn't tell us whether the subjects in the other age groups were in good health, so it's all meaningless. Could've been a cohort of AIDS patients for all we know).

OK, so I'm 43 and in good health. I should just cowboy-up and get back to teaching. My 55 year old colleague in the office next to mine who must tip the scales at 350lbs? Well, if the virus nails him, it's just his bad lifestyle choices that got him. Nothing to do with COVID-19 when you think about it. Professor Obese has been a ticking time bomb for years, probably would have fallen down in the lecture hall with a hemorrhagic stroke sometime soon, anyway.

Or the local people from the city who work cleaning student dorms or serving food or washing plates in the dining hall for thankless wages? Many of them old, many of them suffering from the poverty-induced diseases that seem to blight our modern age, like Type 2 Diabetes. Well, once again, that ain't a COVID-19 issue, is it? We're just back to bad life choices and the need (actually, is there even really a need?) for government to address poverty. In the libertarian utopia of 350 million individuals, it's every man and woman for him or herself. You make your own choices, and there's no room for collectivism here. You got fat and old and diabetic and now have to go to work in an environment where you might catch the disease that won't kill your "customers" but might kill you. No room for crying over spilled milk, here.

The university campus is its own ecosystem. It happens to be the world in which I live and work. The students provide the bulk of its population, but they are not the only members of the campus community. I'm glad we closed down the face-to-face campus for the spring semester.

A special acknowledgement from me to whomsoever can find a Straw Man emoticon to pin to this post.

Well said.  It's a shame your target audience, the ones that could stand to conceivably "learn" something from it, crazy as that could possibly be, are currently deciphering your cryptographic post into the Trump Hating Manifesto it most surely is.

rct

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

After this post, I'm backing way off on this because I don't really want to spend this much time arguing about it.  But I will say a couple more things.

2 hours ago, ghost_of_fl said:

1.  The shutdown has caused absolute havoc in the stock market.   Can anyone explain to me how Trump and his administration stand to benefit from that in an election year? 

Trump is backed into a corner.  If he's seen as not doing enough they'll blame him for every single death.  Actually, they already are.  Also, he's largely following the guidance of his medical advisors so he can just say that he did what they advised.

2.  Pretty much ALL medical professionals fully support social distancing/quarantine at this time.   Is the current movement to say we know more about this virus than the medical professionals?   What is the motivation for the entire medical community to get together on this lie?   Or are we saying they are incompetent? 

How many have you spoken to?  I speak to many all the time.  I've even heard my local Infectious Disease experts express real doubt about all this privately but they won't say a word publicly.  Don't forget that public health experts are political too.  There are many who are brave enough to speak out in many media outlets that you can find, if you look.

28 minutes ago, Black Dog said:

I just now read this which some may find interesting.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/coronavirus-front-line-nyc-daniel-murphy

Indeed.  It would appear to be making it's way to the trailer parks of the heartland.  Nobody saw that coming.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/emergency-declared-in-indiana-county-amid-coronavirus-case-surge

rct

Boy are you barking up the wrong tree. My family is full of cops and nurses.  

You post no links to back up anything you say.  I can't find any medical professionals speaking out against quarantine.  

Boy?  OK.  

So you have some family in law enforcement and nursing.   Both noble professions.  How many doctors have told you they believe in the quarantine?   Not someone you know who knew someone who knew someone.

I have posted plenty of supporting evidence for my positions.  

I'm pretty much finished with you.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Boy are you barking up the wrong tree. My family is full of cops and nurses.  

You post no links to back up anything you say.  I can't find any medical professionals speaking out against quarantine.  

Here's one. Took me 1 minute to find.  Docs had their twitter acct suspended because, like here, someone didn't want to hear what they had to say. 

https://ncrenegade.com/editorial/whisteblowing-er-docs-urge-open-up-society-now-because-lockdowns-are-weakening-our-immune-systems/

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

.00000000000000001% of doctors are idiots.  Not exactly new news. 210,000 deaths nationwide in 3 months due to a single virus is tho .... 

FIFTY SEVEN THOUSAND DEATHS IN THE US ...    what are you smoking ? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Murph said:

Georgia. and Texas will be just fine.

Stuff's opening back up all over here too, Illinois, Kentucky and Missouri.

The lockdown is over, by demand.

Get over it.

lies   aka fake news   stop spreading please

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, SteveFord said:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/cases-in-us.html

Here's the official tracking site for the US.

I see GA and TX are just rarin' to go.  Expect to see their numbers go through the roof.

Howard Stern had an interesting take on disinfectants as a cure.

Why not share the quote here, for those of us who are not inclined to go to The Shock Jock's site to look for it?