Gibson Brands Forums
Mr. Gibson

Covid19 How many in your state or country?

28 minutes ago, Black Dog said:

I just now read this which some may find interesting.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/coronavirus-front-line-nyc-daniel-murphy

Indeed.  It would appear to be making it's way to the trailer parks of the heartland.  Nobody saw that coming.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/emergency-declared-in-indiana-county-amid-coronavirus-case-surge

rct

52 minutes ago, Black Dog said:

After this post, I'm backing way off on this because I don't really want to spend this much time arguing about it.  But I will say a couple more things.

Trump is backed into a corner.  If he's seen as not doing enough they'll blame him for every single death.  Actually, they already are.  Also, he's largely following the guidance of his medical advisors so he can just say that he did what they advised.

How many have you spoken to?  I speak to many all the time.  I've even heard my local Infectious Disease experts express real doubt about all this privately but they won't say a word publicly.  Don't forget that public health experts are political too.  There are many who are brave enough to speak out in many media outlets that you can find, if you look.

Boy are you barking up the wrong tree. My family is full of cops and nurses.  

You post no links to back up anything you say.  I can't find any medical professionals speaking out against quarantine.  

2 hours ago, ghost_of_fl said:

You post no links to back up anything you say.  I can't find any medical professionals speaking out against quarantine.  

Boy?  OK.  

So you have some family in law enforcement and nursing.   Both noble professions.  How many doctors have told you they believe in the quarantine?   Not someone you know who knew someone who knew someone.

I have posted plenty of supporting evidence for my positions.  

I'm pretty much finished with you.

• Like 2

Lord Summerisle - a well written piece on the issues you face in your workplace I thought. Very best to you and colleagues at this time.

28 minutes ago, Black Dog said:

I'm pretty much finished with you.

Same.  Go outside.  Found a crowd.  Stand close and breathe deeply.   Best of luck to you. 

• Sad 3

5 hours ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Here's one. Took me 1 minute to find.  Docs had their twitter acct suspended because, like here, someone didn't want to hear what they had to say. 

https://ncrenegade.com/editorial/whisteblowing-er-docs-urge-open-up-society-now-because-lockdowns-are-weakening-our-immune-systems/

• Like 1

.00000000000000001% of doctors are idiots.  Not exactly new news. 210,000 deaths nationwide in 3 months due to a single virus is tho .... 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

.00000000000000001% of doctors are idiots.  Not exactly new news. 210,000 deaths nationwide in 3 months due to a single virus is tho .... 

FIFTY SEVEN THOUSAND DEATHS IN THE US ...    what are you smoking ? 

• Like 1

210,000 deaths sorry worldwide not nationwide.  And?  How many is a better number for you?  

This explains a lot:

As of Tuesday evening, there are more than 1,012,000 people in the United States who have or have had the virus, according to a tally from health officials by Johns Hopkins University. At least 58,356 people have died.

A total of 58,220 Americans died during the war in Vietnam, where fighting lasted more than 10 years.

Georgia. and Texas will be just fine.

Stuff's opening back up all over here too, Illinois, Kentucky and Missouri.

The lockdown is over, by demand.

Get over it.

• Like 2

An additional 303 people in New York have reportedly died due to COVID 19 since the numbers I posted Monday this week. 

That's approx 150 per day.   Just like the flu. 🤦‍♂️

Today the Worldometer says that  142,238 registered cases - people -  in USA have RECOVERED from Covid-19.

That's as important as the other figures, isn't it?

Yes, it shows this particular virus spreads very very quickly - especially when you consider those numbers are under-reported (in my area they refused to test anyone who didn't already have a fever due to shortage of testing kits). 

2 hours ago, Murph said:

Georgia. and Texas will be just fine.

Stuff's opening back up all over here too, Illinois, Kentucky and Missouri.

The lockdown is over, by demand.

Get over it.

lies   aka fake news   stop spreading please

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, SteveFord said:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/cases-in-us.html

Here's the official tracking site for the US.

I see GA and TX are just rarin' to go.  Expect to see their numbers go through the roof.

Howard Stern had an interesting take on disinfectants as a cure.

Why not share the quote here, for those of us who are not inclined to go to The Shock Jock's site to look for it?    

howard sparking outrage-  how normal can you get eh?   (not cool this time )

Edited by jvi
edit

Remember when an Air Florida jet crashed into the Potomac River in 1982, killing 78 people,  and Stern called the airline to inquire about the price of a one-way ticket from National Airport to the 14th Street Bridge?  Yeah he kind of has a track record for poor decisions that get him a lot of attention. 

He probably thinks he's rebellious, not realizing his opinions are now totally mainstream. 

Sad. 

1 hour ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Howard Stern sparks outrage by saying Trump and his supporters should 'take disinfectant and all drop dead' after president suggested it as a coronavirus treatment

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8266469/amp/Howard-Stern-suggests-Trump-supporters-disinfectant-drop-dead.html

Sorry I wasn't clear -  I meant,   since you  seem to be promoting this line of thinking - you should actually include the quote itself -   not a reference to it or a link.