Jump to content
Gibson Brands Forums
Mr. Gibson

Covid19 How many in your state or country?

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

It's a fluid situation.  They didn't have data to support using masks.  Now they do. 

Why not just "play it safe"?   Because there are only so many masks out there and the medical staff needed them more urgently. 

 

Exactly what data do we have now about masks that we didn't have before this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Black Dog said:

 

Exactly what data do we have now about masks that we didn't have before this?

Still a funky smell when brand new. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Ok.  Parents live in Puerto Rico.  Child ONLY stays with grandparents when they are in the US.  Where do those children sleep at night? 

 

And the only solution you see to that is shutting down the entire economy??  Are you out of your mind?  People can find ways to deal with it.  Will things have to change?  Of course.  Can it be done without shutting down the entire economy and confining people to their homes?  Of course.  We have spent at least 6-7 trillion dollars on this so far.  There are lots of people out of work right now that would love to have jobs taking care of kids after school.  Maybe those kids in your example would have to stay with the parents in PR.  Nah, that would never work.  They shouldn't have to sacrifice anything.  Just shut down the world instead.  That's ridiculous.

Edited by Black Dog
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Ok.  Parents live in Puerto Rico.  Child ONLY stays with grandparents when they are in the US.  Where do those children sleep at night? 

I would suggest at Fauci's place. But make sure they address him with his full CDC title and shoe size. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Black Dog said:

 

And the only solution you see to that is shutting down the entire economy??  Are you out of your mind?  .....  That's ridiculous.

Nobody shut down the economy.   You're probably just not happy because your stocks took a hit.   With any situation like this, some companies take a hit while other thrive.  

And I don't think you understand the scope of that problem.  My school district has 8000+ students.   A LOT of them are crammed into houses with their entire extended family.   And that's just one district.  It's not as simple as you seem to think.  

RE: Shutting down the economy

Markets went into a free fall starting 2/24.  Quarantine started in March.   🤔

Edited by ghost_of_fl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Nobody shut down the economy.   You're probably just not happy because your stocks took a hit.   With any situation like this, some companies take a hit while other thrive.  

And I don't think you understand the scope of that problem.  My school district has 8000+ students.   A LOT of them are crammed into houses with their entire extended family.   And that's just one district.  It's not as simple as you seem to think.  

RE: Shutting down the economy

Markets went into a free fall starting 2/24.  Quarantine started in March.   🤔

 

Actually, this created some great buying opportunities for me.   Anything I lost with existing investments will also come back.  I'm not worried at all.

Oh, I understand it very well.

You mentioned in a earlier post that you previously worked in health care.  What did you do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Nobody shut down the economy.  

 

Our businesses are our economy.  Money is our economy.  When the government shuts down our businesses and interrupts peoples income, and their own income from tax revenue that shuts down the economy. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Black Dog said:

You mentioned in a earlier post that you previously worked in health care.  What did you do?

Why does that matter? Because you have already told everyone that you are a physician and therefore what you are saying about our complicated societal condition carries more weight? Getting the guy to admit to being less than an MD will let you put your neck over his since your tail chasing and urinating comments fell a bit flat?  Belittling and bullying people who disagree with you wasn't part of my Medical School curriculum. There are better and more effective ways of letting people see your point of view if you have ultimate truth behind you. 

It's a freaking guitar forum by the way.

  • Like 4
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me belittling and bulling people who disagree with me?  What are you smoking man?  I'm the one who has disagreed with the "mainstream"  and the angry bullying has been directed toward me for doing so.  Whether you want to admit it or not, people here have been very angry and bitter towards me about this.  

He mentioned that he worked in health care in an attempt to give himself added credibility in this discussion.  He brought it up, not me.  I don't think he has any background in medicine or science.  That is being deceptive.  That is a lie.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh by the way, I only worked in doctors offices, I have no actual medical training.  That's why I listen to the foremost expert on the subject, not rando-Internet dude.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Because a lot of those K-12 students go stay with Gramma and/or Grampa after school so mom and dad can work. 

In addition to only 3 children having died from Corona Virus in the US .....    There are NO cases on record in the US (or UK as far as I know) that indicate children have passed the virus on to adults.  No cases where Gramma or Grampa  or ANY adult - living with a child  -  got sick and could ONLY have gotten it from the child!  China, for what it's worth, has said the same thing.   Articles citing experts opinions two months ago that 'certainly children must pass it on,  because they pass on other viruses) - are basically worthless since they are opinions and not based on science, or recent studies.    So, Dr. Fauci (who, NO, was never a 'frontline doctor' and went directly to the NIH and other research lab jobs after Med School/Internship) -  CANNOT at this point, three months in -    yet prove that children  pass the virus on to adults.   So, absent proof they do - at what point do you admit -  "They must not, we've had 1.1 million cases but we can't find ONE where we know it was transmitted by a child?"   

So, your Gramma and Grampa are Strawmen.     

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Oh by the way, I only worked in doctors offices, I have no actual medical training.  That's why I listen to the foremost expert on the subject, not rando-Internet dude.  

 

Reminds me of that line in the TV commercial:   "I'm not a doctor, but I play one on TV."  

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ghost_of_fl said:

 That's why I listen to the foremost expert on the subject 

 

The one who has been proven wrong many, many times.  That one.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

 Articles citing experts opinions two months ago that 'certainly children must pass it on,  because they pass on other viruses) - are basically worthless since they are opinions and not based on science, or recent studies.  

CDC says:

"If children meet in groups, it can put everyone at risk. Children with COVID-19 may only have mild symptoms, but they can still pass this virus onto others who may be at higher risk, including older adults and people who have serious underlying medical conditions."

Source: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/children.html#:~:text=Children with COVID-19,serious underlying medical conditions.

No documented cases of children passing on the virus to adults but this thing hasn't been around very long.  Data is very limited. If you want to play it safe, follow CDC recommendation.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ghost_of_fl said:

CDC says:

"If children meet in groups, it can put everyone at risk. Children with COVID-19 may only have mild symptoms, but they can still pass this virus onto others who may be at higher risk, including older adults and people who have serious underlying medical conditions."

Source: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/children.html#:~:text=Children with COVID-19,serious underlying medical conditions.

No documented cases of children passing on the virus to adults but this thing hasn't been around very long.  Data is very limited. If you want to play it safe, follow CDC recommendation.  

For once, I agree with you 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Black Dog said:

 

And the only solution you see to that is shutting down the entire economy??  

 

I'm shocked at how easily some people have given up their rights and livelihood.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Murph said:

 

I'm shocked at how easily some people have given up their rights and livelihood.

That is a bit dramatic isn't it?  Do you walk around wearing one of those silly Guy Fawkes masks? 

400-pound_hacker.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, ghost_of_fl said:

Nobody shut down the economy.   You're probably just not happy because your stocks took a hit.   With any situation like this, some companies take a hit while other thrive.  

And I don't think you understand the scope of that problem.  My school district has 8000+ students.   A LOT of them are crammed into houses with their entire extended family.   And that's just one district.  It's not as simple as you seem to think.  

RE: Shutting down the economy

Markets went into a free fall starting 2/24.  Quarantine started in March.   🤔

 

"Nobody shut down the economy" ?   

Average unemployment claims last year - 325,000 per week. March and April 2020 - average 4 million a week.  California DOUBLE  any other state - has the strictest Lockdown measures.

"Markets went into a fee fall starting 2/24. Quarantine started in March"?     Wow - four day difference ? 

Normal Dow Jones volume is around 325 million shares.  On Feb.24th volume was 452 million shares and it closed at 27,961   On Feb. 28th volume was 916 million, and it closed at 25,410.   On Feb.27th, San Francisco mayor ordered a lockdown for SF and all surrounding counties.    

See - cherry picking stats is easy.  How about you provide some to provide justification for your two statements? 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

That is a bit dramatic isn't it?  Do you walk around wearing one of those silly Guy Fawkes masks? 

400-pound_hacker.jpg

 

''I don't think a cervical cap would have helped in this case. 😂''

 

Like I suggested, provide facts to support your claims - instead of posts like the 2 above. 

Edited by fortyearspickn
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fortyearspickn said:

Normal Dow Jones volume is around 325 million shares.  On Feb.24th volume was 452 million shares and it closed at 27,961   On Feb. 28th volume was 916 million, and it closed at 25,410.   

DJI LOW (March)    18,500
DJI NOW    23,723

Volume refers to how many trades are happening whether people are buying OR SELLING.  It's not an indicator of anything other than high activity - good or bad.  You apparently do not have a grasp of that concept so explaining in any further detail is pointless.  How's that 401k doing?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...