Gibson Brands Forums

Covid19 How many in your state or country?

Mr. Gibson

BC  Canada is doing very well- thanks to our "folk hero" provincial health officer and BC government and our PM -   "be kind,  be calm,  be safe"    - hope you all get thru these coming days....

On 5/18/2020 at 12:18 PM, Mr. Gibson said:

1931 positive 

44 deaths

Thats pretty low really,  Jim.  Many states have it pretty bad. We're  actually low to.  As of this morning we had 12,619 cases with 160 dead in Nebraska. Didn't check Omaha where Deb and I are at.  Ok, Just checked it and as of Douglas County, we hit  3,028 cases with 25 deaths as of last Sunday.  That was the most current stats I could find. Deb is mostly concerned as she keeps telling me all the time the US has the most cases of all the countries. My concerns would mostly be about, How is everyone doing thats on this Forum? Debbie & I are doing great. She found a meals out that ships a lunch or dinner to your door. It's from Kansas she said. We've tried about 4 or 5 now and they are great. The box comes from UPS or Fed X, I haven't seen the truck yet, but they put it on our porch. It has frozen ice inside the box keeping it fresh, The meals come with everything you need to prepare it except salt & pepper and butter and Oil. It comes with directions and easy to follow. There are lots of meals to look at and pre order weeks in advance. So far we have had uptown classy meals that taste great and the prices are cheaper than going to fast food places like McDonalds. The meals come with sauses and seasonings and meats and vegetables. So we have pretty much been in lock down since this began. 

On 5/21/2020 at 6:47 PM, SteveFord said:

We "Go Yellow" this Friday.

This should be interesting.  

We're  at 857 cases today, I am going to predict 2500 on 6/22/2020.  

Hope I'm wrong!

The State Reps who are pushing this as being so great for us still have their offices closed and are working from home.

Hi Steve. I would tend to agree with you, Personally, I think this will escalate and get much worse before it gets better.  This last holiday, example, Multitudes of people were hitting beaches and water parks and close together ignoring this virus like it had already disappeared.  Deb and I are still waiting for the 2 week incubation period for it to work to see these results.  Our guess, is the numbers will double. So were still staying in lock down.  

• Sad 1

We are about to start winter next week so will see what that brings as the opening up of work and social activities continues (a national football competition  re-starts today). Having said that we've had 11 deaths in May so far compared to 80 in April so it's trending the right way and we'll likely start winter with only a few people in ICU so it's not stretched. if people can just take a little care....

We're still creeping up around 12-14 cases per day in this county but the one where they keeping having those Open PA! Rallies is jumping up quite a bit faster.  

37 new cases in Dauphin County since yesterday.  There's a reason why the responsible members of our government put these restrictions in place but what do I know.

Oh well, I'm going to play my 335 and my GAS has kicked in so look for some new additions over the next few months.  I know what I want, it's just finding them at the price I can swing.    Next week will be the first of 4 or 5 that I simply have to have or else my life will be a living Hell.

4 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

We're still creeping up around 12-14 cases per day in this county but the one where they keeping having those Open PA! Rallies is jumping up quite a bit faster.  

37 new cases in Dauphin County since yesterday.  There's a reason why the responsible members of our government put these restrictions in place but what do I know.

Oh well, I'm going to play my 335 and my GAS has kicked in so look for some new additions over the next few months.  I know what I want, it's just finding them at the price I can swing.    Next week will be the first of 4 or 5 that I simply have to have or else my life will be a living Hell.

What ever you get better be iconic.

Don't you fret none, they will be iconic, all right.

I've already picked out the fake biker jacket to go with them, too!  It's made out of pleather and came all the way from Taiwan.

This stuff ain't the flu.  One fellow who lived through it (with boatloads of blood clot issues) stumbled upon the number of heart attacks in NYC, it's through the roof.    Luckily, the wife and I already had heart attacks so we're already on blood thinners.  

10 hours ago, SteveFord said:

Luckily, the wife and I already had heart attacks....

Ok - that's probably the first time anyone's said that in the history of history! (Admiring your positive outlook). 

4 or  5 iconics will make for a huge month ahead, looking forward to reading about them Steve [thumbup]

Covid news...I think we've had one death in Oz so far this week and are down to 5 folks in ICU. New Zealand hasn't had any deaths (or even cases) in quite a while either so flights between the 2 countries may be back on fairly soon.

You've got to look on the sunny side of things, ha, ha.

Pennsyltucky now has 70,042 cases but I'm not one of them (so far).  
We are totally screwed,  My little pimple of a town only has 8 cases but all around us the cases are kind of alarmingly high.  Maybe we need to install big fans to blow the diseased air away and lots of barbed wire fences?  Maybe arm with homely wimmen folk with pitch forks and rolling pins...

Don't know about 4-5 ICONIC guitars in one month but I should be finalizing one this weekend, maybe two if I'm really lucky.  

I don't want to get so many that they just sit in their cases and never get played, that just seems like a waste of a guitar to me.  My 335 has been sitting for probably a year and I'm just now getting used to it again.  It felt like a real pile when I first opened the case but it's coming back to life just in time to be stuck back in the case.  Hmmm...

29 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

You've got to look on the sunny side of things, ha, ha.

Pennsyltucky now has 70,042 cases but I'm not one of them (so far).  
We are totally screwed,  My little pimple of a town only has 8 cases but all around us the cases are kind of alarmingly high.  Maybe we need to install big fans to blow the diseased air away and lots of barbed wire fences?  Maybe arm with homely wimmen folk with pitch forks and rolling pins...

Don't know about 4-5 ICONIC guitars in one month but I should be finalizing one this weekend, maybe two if I'm really lucky.  

I don't want to get so many that they just sit in their cases and never get played, that just seems like a waste of a guitar to me.  My 335 has been sitting for probably a year and I'm just now getting used to it again.  It felt like a real pile when I first opened the case but it's coming back to life just in time to be stuck back in the case.  Hmmm...

You gotta tell me what a double NGD is like. One is all I could ever do. That day will be and I quote the great and wise scholar Mark A. I-fukin-conic.

I watched Frank on SNL last night in '76. Just the music then the entire one where he was the host. I was laughing my @ss off at him not giving a s-hit he was in the scenes. Samurai Rock Star John B. made his way into 2 live performances and was killing me.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

My county hit 1000 cases today w/ 26 dead, Dauphin scooted up to 1258 w/ 73 dead, state total is 71,415 with 5537 dead.

The only bright spot is this one woman referred to it as the "corn o virus" which just goes to show, you can't trust those damned farmers, they're out there spreading it like manure!

• 2 weeks later...

We appear to have gotten through the worst of it here in PA although this civil unrest is probably going to change things.  The cities were just packed with demonstrators, I saw an aerial view of Philly and it shoulder to shoulder maybe a mile.

W.H.O  announced today that  it is 'very rare'  for CV19  to be spread by asymptomatic people.   

Several weeks ago ,  CDC  modified warnings to tell us that CV19 was not easily spread by contaminated surfaces as they had early warned us it was. 

Several weeks ago,  various medical researchers admitted there were NO cases documented where CV19 was spread by a child.  

Edited by fortyearspickn

Funny just yesterday you couldn't find the Major News story  - a clear announcement by W.H.O -  but have been able to find several  expert 'clarifications'. 

I would suggest the fact that the implications that we didn't need masks or to be put under lockdown  was too much for the people who like masks and lockdowns to handle, so they found experts to push back.   I doubt very much  WHO would have made the announcement in this climate - if it were not true.  

What I gather from talking to my better half (who works for the local hospital system) is that they are discovering just how little they know about this virus.  Our cases here are still on the rise but I guess the big worry was the hospital systems being overwhelmed, not the number of infected people.

PA is at 76,846 as of noon today, my county has crept up to 1102, where those knobheads with the Liberate PA! rallies are being held are up to 1541.  

Those demonstrations and riots and whatnot are going to help speed up our knowledge of this virus by a lot.  What do you mean, unwitting test subjects?

Ghost - this Bloomberg article quotes many sources, all blaming it on 'opening up'.   Not a peep about increased testing.    At least on the 'real' news - they mumble something at the very end under their breath about  'increased testing.'.   FYI  -  in Texas,  testing has increased  significantly in the past month.   

Additionally -  the most recent 'highest day ever' in Texas was due mostly to  Retroactive Changes in How Cases Are Counted and Reported.   Specifically ONE COUNTY -  accounted for 20% of that days  'new' cases.  Jefferson County  (Beautiful Beaumont on the Border)  DOUBLED in one day  the total casest they had reported since March. They changed how they count and measure cases from prisons.    Other Texas reporting locations have also reported significant increases due to  changing how they count.      

Source?  ...    https://www.texastribune.org/2020/06/10/texas-reports-largest-single-day-increase-coronavirus-cases/