Gibson Brands Forums

Covid19 How many in your state or country?

Mr. Gibson

Interesting, I just read from New York Times that hundreds of thousands of cases have been traced to clusters.

Funerals,  fast food restaurants,  Cruise Ships,  Navy vessels,  Mostly Nursing homes and other long term care facilities, Food processing plants,  Correctional facilities,  All places where people are packed in close without the 6 foot distancing rule.  And New York which has the most populated city in the US is in the lead with the most cases at, 398,770 and deaths at 31,791. 

On 7/1/2020 at 1:08 PM, Sgt. Pepper said:

I even took 2 years of French in high school.

I believe French to be a hoax. It's one of my lesser-known conspiracy theories, but it's there. 

I base it on sound empirical studies (admittedly small sample group): literally NO ONE who took French in high school remembers any of it. 

5 minutes ago, Pinch said:

I believe French to be a hoax. It's one of my lesser-known conspiracy theories, but it's there. 

I base it on sound empirical studies (admittedly small sample group): literally NO ONE who took French in high school remembers any of it. 

Je m'appelle Sgt. Pepper. My name is Sgt Pepper. I remembered that.

Crepe's too. Those are good with nutella spread

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

17 hours ago, Retired said:

Interesting, I just read from New York Times that hundreds of thousands of cases have been traced to clusters.

Funerals,  fast food restaurants,  Cruise Ships,  Navy vessels,  Mostly Nursing homes and other long term care facilities, Food processing plants,  Correctional facilities,  All places where people are packed in close without the 6 foot distancing rule.  And New York which has the most populated city in the US is in the lead with the most cases at, 398,770 and deaths at 31,791. 

Media was spouting that the US would soon get to 100,000 infections per day.  It sure sounds like a lot, but if Black Dog is still hoping for herd immunity at say 80% of population the US would need to run at 100k per day, every day, for over 7 years by my maths. It's more about having the resources to deal with those numbers and keep vulnerable folks safe.

7 hours ago, Pinch said:

I took Spanish. Still can count to 20 and maybe 2 words. Yeah, I have never ever used it.  Pretty much a waste of time making everyone take those courses. 

Most everything I was taught at school outside reading, writing and basic maths has been of little if any use to me in life. If you are not going to work in science then I'd reckon French, Italian or Spanish to be more use than physics or chemistry if you are into travelling.

ps Joel it translates (roughly) "we made the world thus"

Edited by 'Scales

2 hours ago, 'Scales said:

Most everything I was taught at school outside reading, writing and basic maths has been of little if any use to me in life. If you are not going to work in science then I'd reckon French, Italian or Spanish to be more use than physics or chemistry if you are into travelling.

ps Joel it translates (roughly) "we made the world thus"

Yep. I never took physics or chemistry and even got out of Phys. Ed my last 3 years.  I got a scholarship in Art when I graduated though. Besides, painting, drawing and pottery you had to know History in art as well as math.  Let's see,  2x2 is 16 right?  Lol.    Just joking,  Actually there's lots of measurements in getting the picture centered just right and so. Even the framing. If I could post photos, I would post some of my paintings here. I've been in art since the 2nd grade. 

On 7/1/2020 at 10:23 PM, Retired said:

I read that NYC health officials have ordered "Contact Tracers" to NOT ask if the people testing positive were at any of the 'peaceful protests'.  Sort of amazing. 

I don't know if that's credible about don't try and track protesters.  It seems a lost cause no matter what.

I'm easy to track: bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, garage, reptile building, motorcycle ride around the countryside, repeat.  I come in contact with my wife (hubba hubba) but she runs around a fair amount so  she'd be harder to track.

Under normal circumstances, I'd come in contact with so many people it would be a nightmare.  Home, gas station, state capital, building full of 1700 people, walk around state capital, sneeze and loudly break wind while walking past news crew in the middle of a live feed, you get the idea.  Figure 400 people a day.  You'd need an army to track where those 400 people go.

As for yesterday, this state had 88,741 cases, Dauphin County is up to 2161 and my little spot of heaven is up to 1577.

I rode past a diner yesterday morning and the parking lot was packed, the wife says it was a madhouse with people lined up to buy fireworks all over the place.

Everyone is acting like it magically went away.  

Nope.