Gibson Brands Forums

Covid19 How many in your state or country?

Mr. Gibson

Apparently nobody wants to hear it but if you look at the percentage of positive tests you will see that it is going down every day:  https://www.politico.com/interactives/2020/coronavirus-testing-by-state-chart-of-new-cases/

Perspective is important too.  Look at these number for Influenza this season:  https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/preliminary-in-season-estimates.htm

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SteveFord said:

2751 as of today, 34 deaths.

My county jumped from 19 to 37 overnight as more people are getting tested.

A good time to snub the neighbors but then again, when isn't it?

The era of the introvert has arrived.  Many have been waiting years for this.

• Like 1

204 statewide today, 15 on the Big Island..

The majority of our reported cases are from travelers.

A few posts back I had reported 1 death, turns out that it was from other causes so we are at 0.

Edited by mihcmac
  • Like 1

On 3/28/2020 at 2:47 PM, Cougar said:

Add 122 cases since yesterday.  Now 602 cases. 

A 25% increase in cases in just one day!?   That seems to indicate a serious problem in the reporting system. Somebody was off work for the weekend, or more likely, some big city health district forgot to send in daily reports for the past couple of weeks.   Similar issues existed when this all started over a month ago.  We had no idea how many cases there really were in the US, and we sure didn't know how many there were (or how fast they were spreading in China.  

• Like 1

One of my wife's drunken-broad friends who's always getting sick went into the hospital yesterday with pneumonia and got tested.  Her and some of my wife's other dopey friends had some kind of party Saturday night. 

I think it's time to start wearing one of those masks when I go to the grocery store and music stores.  I have a couple in the shop that I use for woodworking.  I need to go to a pawn shop today.  It's going to be sketchy.  I'll have to bring my UV germ detector, like this one -

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

the new numbers are:

75,813/1550

Yikes that's moving fast 

Exponential.  One infects three, those three infect another three each.  After the 10th iteration it's 59,000.  Can get worse especially in areas where there is poverty and overcrowding whch can happen with inner urban areas or refugee camps.  Apply a mortality rate of possibly 3% but that isn't known exactly.  Also wait for possible second wave which occurred with the Spanish flu although hopefully some lessons from that are still remembered by other than health researchers.  Ain't good.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Edited by SmokeyGhost
spelling
  • Like 1

224 statewide today,  with 1 death..

Still15 on the Big Island..

The state of Hawaii has a total population of 1.4 million. About the size of a small city in the US.

Edited by mihcmac
  • Like 1

Bay Area 

2,381 cases

63 deaths

California

8,569 cases

183 deaths

United States

189,624 cases

4,080 deaths

AS OF 12:02am pacific April 1st

I am in bay area. Interesting fact bay area first to call for shelter in place. SF has almost 900,00, bay area has 7 million population

Edited by Roach
forgot this
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Black Dog said:

This site has good info as far as total numbers but more importantly new cases and deaths per day.  Even goes down to county level.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/coronavirus-us-cases.html

Thanks [thumbup]

From that site:

"At least 4,600 people with the coronavirus have now died in the United States and more than 200,000 people are known to be infected, according to a New York Times database. The death toll has quadrupled over the last week and now exceeds the number of people known to have died from the virus in mainland China, where the pandemic started in December."

Edited by Roach
more info added
  • Like 1